• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Benching Team needs your help! (Post here if participating)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DDR3 I'm not much help on unless I reassemble my AM3 system for testing, since I tore it down last week to put a 775 board in the case for the Core 2 portion of the competition.
I would save you're time and run the DDR2 as you won't be able to compete in the DDR3 with AM3 as the mem controller is not strong enough to get the high clocks, I will have a crack at the mem clocks and see what results I can muster up, Ive got a few sticks of D9's and a boat load of DDR BH5's and UTT's but no DFI 939 board to max them out, just hope my Abit NF4 ultra can make good of them.

I would save you're time and run the DDR2 as you won't be able to compete in the DDR3 with AM3 as the mem controller is not strong enough to get the high clocks, I will have a crack at the mem clocks and see what results I can muster up, Ive got a few sticks of D9's and a boat load of DDR BH5's and UTT's but no DFI 939 board to max them out, just hope my Abit NF4 ultra can make good of them.

Well, the highest I've tried on AM3 so far was DDR3-1600 and that was stable. It might have a little headroom, but yeah, it probably won't hit the crazy 2133-2400+ frequencies.

Don't have a decent DFI-branded 939 board you say? Surely there's got to be someone around here that has a spare they'd sell you. Or I see them on ebay fairly frequently, and some in the UK.

There's plenty about over here but they go for crazy money and I ain't chucking a load of cash at a board just for memory clock on the team cup,I've got a dfi am2 board that may help a little on the ddr2, I'm a bit pi**ed off at the moment as I've just been beat to a set of ballistix on eBay (damn phone signal took to long to bid) they were 2x1GB D9's and went for £14 :eek: oh well you win some you lose some :cry:

There's plenty about over here but they go for crazy money and I ain't chucking a load of cash at a board just for memory clock on the team cup,I've got a dfi am2 board that may help a little on the ddr2, I'm a bit pi**ed off at the moment as I've just been beat to a set of ballistix on eBay (damn phone signal took to long to bid) they were 2x1GB D9's and went for £14 :eek: oh well you win some you lose some :cry:
I not sure what a boatload is but I'm doing the opposite. I plan on throwing all my however limited resources towards the Memory Clock comp. as it will be a crucial part of our success and as I.M.O.G pointed out it will be decided by legacy RAM so I'm going to grab whatever I need to bench EDO through SDRAM and possibly DDR. These competitions make me a bit looney though, I get super competitive.

I not sure what a boatload is but I'm doing the opposite. I plan on throwing all my however limited resources towards the Memory Clock comp. as it will be a crucial part of our success and as I.M.O.G pointed out it will be decided by legacy RAM so I'm going to grab whatever I need to bench EDO through SDRAM and possibly DDR. These competitions make me a bit looney though, I get super competitive.

Awesome... If you don't get the old ram categories, its probable that no one will. Just isn't many of us that have knowledge or resources to run it.

One additional note, if that post of mine is influencing your buying decisions... We are currently about 70 points out of first place. HOWEVER, we have 75 points currently in the memory clock competition, which OCN hasn't submitted anything for yet meaning they have 0 points in that stage. There is a big gap between our position and OCN's, so we really have to smash them in a couple categories if we're going to close that gap... I don't know if they are strategizing on the memory clock competition to give a false sense of security for other teams, or if they are just slow getting into that comp. But I wanted to mention that, as its skews the appearance of how close the rankings are.

Someone reported my geforce 2 submission. We will see what they say.

Just put up a intel gma, really poor but worth 11 points, guess the wife's laptop is good for something after all.

Just put up a intel gma, really poor but worth 11 points, guess the wife's laptop is good for something after all.

Something is better than nothing. :thup:

Also, why do we not have an Intel GMA HD submission? Anyone with a z68/z77/h67/etc mobo and a SB/IB processor could submit for that. Ideally someone with a z77 and 3770k, but anything would really do to get some points.

Honestly, I wasn't sure what any of these stages required actually, or what was needed to run them... Never really done much of anything with onboard graphics. I'll try to put up something for GMA HD, but I don't know anything about integrated graphics or overclocking them.

Are the 3770K and i3-2100 in the same category?

Is there anything I fit into that I could help with?

You might fit into one of the Integrated Graphics stages? Maybe AMD HD3000/4000 - not sure exactly what that is.

You would have fit into the AMD Superpi32m stage of the competition, but that stage is closed now. :-/

If you have an old geforce GPU to stick in your rig, you can take part in the geforce 3dmark03 stage.

Honestly, I wasn't sure what any of these stages required actually, or what was needed to run them... Never really done much of anything with onboard graphics. I'll try to put up something for GMA HD, but I don't know anything about integrated graphics or overclocking them.

Are the 3770K and i3-2100 in the same category?

Yes. Both Intel GMA HD. The 3770k has GMA 4000HD and the 2100 has GMA 2000HD. So the 3770k would be much better.

If you run it at decent cpu clocks and overclock the integrated graphics, you'd be looking at top 5 or 6 for right now; all the top 5 results are with IB processors w/ GMA 4000HD.

Here's a quick list of what parts we would need for each stage:

Llano - any llano/socket fm1 chip
GMA HD - any SB/IB chip
AMD HD3000/4000 - various mobos with these integrated
Nvidia GeForce/GoForce - 730i/9300 mgpu/9400 mgpu chipsets
GMA - G43/G41 chipsets

Now those are just the preferred ones. Obviously there are other lower end ones for the categories that would work too.

You might fit into one of the Integrated Graphics stages? Maybe AMD HD3000/4000 - not sure exactly what that is.

You would have fit into the AMD Superpi32m stage of the competition, but that stage is closed now. :-/

If you have an old geforce GPU to stick in your rig, you can take part in the geforce 3dmark03 stage.

I just sold my geforce gtx 9000 or i would slap that card in there. Yeah i seen the Superpi32m comp and was excited until i realized it had closed. There isn't anything for the gpu i have now though?

My board has the 4250 built in, would that be a good submission for the AMD HD3000/4000?

Yep sure would, crank it up and run the bench, don't worry about getting a big CPU oc as high 3ghz is fine

Already at 3.8 :p
Should I bump the RAM past 1600 since it'll be used for the integrated GPU?

Back