• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG The rebuild - Corsair 600T White - She Grows once more!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
So, i had an idea to replace my Asus P6X56D-E motherboard, and before i knew it, it was for sale with my i7 930.

I quickly sold it, and ordered up new motherboard and CPU.

MSI Z77 MPower and i7 3770K.

During this down time i also had my OCZ ZT750 RMA'ed and turns out it couldnt be replaced anytime soon due to it being out of stock, so i bought myself a Corsair AX750 instead.

I have now taken my 600T apart, cleaned it out, and gotten it fully ready for my rebuild when pieces arrive tomorrow :D

Here are the current pieces layed out ready:
DSCN2889.JPG

More will follow tomorrow. I enjoy hiding wires, so stick around to see how it turns out :)

EDIT:

This is how it looked the night i got my OCZ ZT750 (which i only have in the pc for 1 day :( )
DSCN2885.JPG

DSCN2880.JPG

DSCN2883.JPG

In my rebuild i plan on all black cables, and all black sata cables.

Last edited:
I have always loved the looks of that case, good luck with the rebuild. Maybe you should add another hard drive I don't think you have enough :p.

Cool!

Are you modding the case?

Not modding the case, i like it how it is to be honest, if anything i would be doing bigger watercooling loop instead of H70. But not planning any mods as i love the case as is.

I have always loved the looks of that case, good luck with the rebuild. Maybe you should add another hard drive I don't think you have enough :p.

I did have another one, and i will be adding another SSD, but since the Z77 MPower only has 6 Sata ( 4xSata 2 and 2xSata 3) So i have to rid of one harddisk :( My old motherboard had 2 more satas.

Ahh, ok. I thought there was some modding as this is in the Case mod section and not the project log section. ;)

I think it's fine here. I see the project log section for actual modding with a capital "M". You can put this kind of build there, but it also doesn't hurt in here; it fits either place. I did put my log here after all. :)

I would recommend uploading the photos to the forum though. It would make them visible to anyone that can view the site and keep them with it forever. Image hosts die, image links break...here they remain forever. :thup:

Pierre3400; Hi my friend really nice case my be you would like to get one of these at some stage?
That is what ive decided to do later this year i think it will make the 600T case look outstanding with the LED lights etc.
Regards Ajay57.

Pierre3400; Hi my friend really nice case my be you would like to get one of these at some stage?
That is what ive decided to do later this year i think it will make the 600T case look outstanding with the LED lights etc.
Regards Ajay57.

I have thought about, but i dont think looking at the harddrives is pretty, so i doubt its something i would do.

I got a long list og things i want to do before i would get to that anyway.

Vertex 4 SSD, GTX680 and 4x Vengence Ram are first on the list. Then my BMW is next when the pc is up to code :)

So, i got my stuff today, i been busy ever since.

I dont know if im insane, but i spent about 4 to 6 hours installing everything in my case.

And to make Earthdog happy, i have also done tiny bit of modding! ;)

Well lets just kick it off! I got the text message that my package had arrived for pick up at 10:47am, and i was soon on my way to pick up my 2 packages.

Here they are, when i got home. (Since we love pictures of everything :D)
DSCN2890.JPG

Unpackaged
DSCN2891.JPG

I moved the cse over to me desk and started to open up the boxes, i will not bor with pictures of this :)But i will show a few pictures of the items out of the box. Before install.

The new heart:
DSCN2893.JPG

And the heart installed in its new body ;)
DSCN2894.JPG

Now we get into the building, and as i already said the OP, i love hiding away wires, and this is what i spend many hours doing.

Here we got the PSU and Motherborad installed. The front panel wires hooked up.
DSCN2895.JPG

DSCN2896.JPG

^^ I do run the wires behind the motherboard here.

Now we get to some actual modding.
As owners of any 600T know, you are "forced" to run the front panel USB3.0 threw the case and threw a slot bracket with a hole. This was never a good solution for people the like to hide the wires. This is why i had to get out the dremel and to abit of work to be happy.

USB3.0
DSCN2897.JPG

This is where i want it to exit, for easy pluging into the USB3.0
DSCN2898.JPG

Tools! and yes, i know these are the cheap versions, but i got the real stuff at my workshop where i work on cars. This is just for small home use.
DSCN2899.JPG

Few guide holes, and yes i know, its not pretty, but it on the rear and wont be seen.
DSCN2900.JPG

Voilà
DSCN2901.JPG

Modding complete, back to wires!
As already mentioned above, i aprently have alot of harddrives, but im a sorting nut, and i have a harddrive to each task almost. Here we got the hard drives installed and the SATA cables run.
DSCN2903.JPG

Now we got a view from inside the case, I have started installing power cables and also mounted the bracket for the Corsair H70 on the CPU. DVD burner has also been installed and wired up.
DSCN2904.JPG

Same situation, back view.
DSCN2905.JPG

H70 wc loop got installed
DSCN2906.JPG

All done!
DSCN2908.JPG

Back
DSCN2907.JPG

Few shots inside.
DSCN2909.JPG

DSCN2910.JPG

Hooked up and running, taken with and without flash.
DSCN2911.JPG

DSCN2912.JPG

The full setup - once more, with and without flash.
DSCN2914.JPG

DSCN2915.JPG

All done, and im happy with the result. Now i just need to get up and running and then start overclocking :thup:

Thoughts on the new parts i have installed (Motherboard and PSU)
The MSI Z77 MPower is a sweet board, in my opinion its missing 2 SATA sockets, but apart from that its a great looking board.
The Corsair AX750 has only impressed me. I knew before hand that Corsair is a quality make, and the AX is a great unit. Im not a full fan of the modular layout compared the OCZ ZT750, but the i do love the 100% black wires used on the AX series. With that said, i actually also love the fact that the fan doesnt even spin while the system is in idle.

Hope you enjoyed, ask if you want to know more :thup:

Update - She grows once more!

So since last updated, i have replaced the ram, with Corsair Vengeance ram and the rear exhaust fan on the H70 has been replaced with an Enermax CLUSTER UCCL12. Also got my first Sapphire HD7970 6Gb.

Today i ordered a few new pieces for it.

Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X 6Gb (Going CFX)
2x Enermax CLUSTER UCCL12
2x Arctic Cooling F12 TC (dont know if i am going to use both in the build or just one, if only one, the other one is for the psu in my HTPC)
1x Seagate Barracuda ATA-600 2TB ST2000DM001 (My 1,5Tb drive is dieing on me!)

The whole system will be torn down once more, cleaned, and rebuilt.

Pictures will follow....

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing the up dated version Pierre, and i hope alls well when you reasemble it soon. AJ. ;) :thup:

Man, you did a fine job with the cable management on the back of the case.
And to make it all over again... i wish i had your patience :D

Yeah, i am doing it all over, have to since i need to flip the PSU.

I enjoy it, i spend about 4 hours non stop doing it. I will even start over half way if im not happy with the result.

I will be moving hard drives and everything now, so all SATA cables need to be redone. Will post pics :)

Since i got no internet at the moment, i started my tear down of the rig, and started to make plans. (In case of questions, im using 3G from iphone on laptop)

As the plans are right now, im going to go from having 4 Hard drives and 1 SSD in the rig, to having 2 hard drives and 1 SSD. 2x120mm fan in front, and in the top. The rear exhaust fan on the H70 will be moved to the out side, and the PSU will be flipped over.

I also plan on making a stand for the 2x HD7970. This will be a later mod, once the rig i back in one piece. I got a few new ideas for how to run the cables, hope it will work out.

Pictures.
I took it apart while i was transferring data from a dieing 1.5tb to other hard drives. This was yesterday.
DSCN3009.JPG

DSCN3010.JPG

Then today, i finished up data transferring and took the whole thing apart.

Now its going to get cleaned from dust, and then get modded. The plan is to make a piece with space for the 2x120mm fans in front, and in the top, the mesh will be cut out from the 2x120mm spacing, and the rear mesh will also be removed.

DSCN3011.JPG

DSCN3012.JPG

DSCN3013.JPG

These parts are going with me to work to get cleaned and the case will modded. Fans are for making the 2x120 insert place.

DSCN3014.JPG

Right now, i am waiting on a few items to arrive, but i already know that i will need to order more, when i have some more money.

Items for this rebuild that are on their way:
2x Enermax UCCL12
2x Arctic Cooling F12
1x Sapphire HD7970 Ghz Vapor-X 6Gb
Then also a NAS and a 2 Tb drive, but thats to remove hdds from the case.

I already have 1 Enermax UCCL12, and the rest of my fans are Corsair, from H70 and that came with the case.

I will be using 2x UCCL12 in front, for intake. The 2 Arctic cooling will be used for the H70 as a push pull, and the last UCCL12 will be used in the top of the case joined by a Corsair fan for now. I do plan getting rid of the Corsair, but since i came up with these changes after order, it will have to wait and be replaced with another UCCL12 later on.

Updates will follow.

Last edited:
Wow what a lot of dust even with good filters it still seems to get everywhere, look forward to the next installment. AJ.

I have been hard at work today, and gotten almost all of the mods done to the case. :thup:

Top cut out.
IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

Then i started working on the front cut out.
IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

Then i did the rear exhaust cut out.
IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

Then i started work on the piece for mounting the 2x120mm fans in front.
IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

Now i just need to make the fan mounting holes, and then the holes to mount the plate on the case.

Will be painted black :thup:

More tomorrow. Unfortunately non of my parts will arrive on time, so Friday i should get most the things, i changed the order of my NAS unit and added the missing UCCL12 fan, so hopefully i can complete the build this weekend. :attn:

That's a heck of a lot of structure you cut out of that case i would check it when you have the new plates fitted! To make sure it is sturdy and sound boy you do not hold back with the cutter? When i first saw what you done i said wow wee that's a heck amount of steel buddy. Will look in tomorrow and see how you get on there bye for now. Phil.

Back