• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of purchasing a ASUS VG279Q 1080p 144Hz monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From reading the newegg ASUS VG279Q reviews I missed it would seem like ASUS is purposely having high stuck pixels defect.:eek:

Last edited:
Well I'm not saying it is intentional
Oh, I was confused by your words...
it would seem like ASUS is purposely having high stuck pixels

So, according to their policy, can you return it?

I have an acer that has 'floating' dead pixels where a couple of them are red or green, but not the same ones. It is my secondary monitor so hardly noticeable in most cases.. also a quick 'push' on the screen usually fixes it.

Happened to me with one of my monitors. I decided not to RMA it because I didn’t want to deal with the shipping and packaging. My next monitor is coming from MicroCenter. If it has any issues, back to the store it goes.

The ASUS VG279Q has FreeSync and Nvidia recently has allowed that to work on 1000 and 2000 series GPUs.
True, but is it on their support list? Not all FS monitors will work/certified. In fact, most dont iirc.

I also second a higher res high hz monitor. Any fps over 60 with FS/Gsync will run better. Your next GPU will pound through it.

ASUS VG279Q 27" free sync works sweet with nvidia Gsync compatible.:clap:

When I purchased the Acer predator XB2 240Hz 1080p with G-Sync it was much better at motion blur elimination. However, with trying to maintain 180 FPS minimum to eliminate motion blur with the RTX 2070 and running low graphic settings I was unable to maintain 180 FPS in BFV. With the ASUS VG279Q 27 144HZ I'm able to maintain a minimum of 144 FPS with medium graphic settings.

Last edited:
Ahh... 1080p.

Yeah, I made the move to 2560x1440 high hz and wont look back. It's an investment to reach the fps, but worth the eye candy.

Ahh... 1080p.

Yeah, I made the move to 2560x1440 high hz and wont look back. It's an investment to reach the fps, but worth the eye candy.

What FPS is your PC maintaining at 2560x1440 with BFV?

Last edited:
Do you think your CPU is bottlenecking the 2080? That’s disappointing the 2080 can’t get 180+ FPS on 1080p.

My 5.0GHz from stock clock speed is 22% overclock and when I run CPU stock clock speed it does not reduce my FPS. BFV is a video card demanding game. I missed typed it is a RTX 2070.

Ah okay. I was looking at Youtube comparisons and in BFV there seems to be a difference between the 8600 and 8700 and made me wonder about bottlenecking. These comparisons were also at higher graphic settings with decent FPS so I imagined at low/mid settings the FPS would be even higher than 144. I only point this out because instead of buying and downgrading to a 1080, 144 monitor, it may have been better to keep the 1080, 240 and move up in CPU.

I didn’t realize you were stepping down with your monitor or I would have pointed this out earlier. I think hyperthreading has something to do with it. But I’m not an Intel guy.

I have been gaming for a long while on the ASUS VG279Q and I miss the Acer predator XB2 1920x1080p 240Hz a lot. Gaming was so liquid smooth when sweeping the mouse fast and aiming. The mouse aiming was so sweet and accurate, because when sweeping the mouse the graphics does not skip or motion blur at all when the FPS at 180, so aiming is always the same muscle memory. The ASUS VG279Q 144z is a better monitor than the MSI 144Hz monitor that I had because it is G-Sync compatible and that does help a lot. However, the Acer predator XB2 1920x1080p 240Hz G-sync blows it away if the FPS is high enough.

I'm thinking of purchasing the Acer Predator XB2 again for christmas. However I would like the RTX 2080Ti to go with it LOL.:D

A 6c/6t CPU or 8c.8t CPU is optimal for BF V. Enabling HT actually slows it down. But 6c/6t can be a detriment in some titles, more as time goes on.

Back