• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, ya those didn't turn out so well. At first I thought it looked like brushed aluminum which would be a neat look (not for this build though), but once I expanded the image, ya just looks like cheap paint. Bummer. Good call on the switch.

Wow, ya those didn't turn out so well. At first I thought it looked like brushed aluminum which would be a neat look (not for this build though), but once I expanded the image, ya just looks like cheap paint. Bummer. Good call on the switch.

Yea, was not happy with that. I'm getting ready to reveal the case with side panels this weekend hopefully. I'm really happy with how the side panels came out, still not chrome but much better than the powder coating :)

Chrome no.
Decent looking aluminum? yes.

I wouldn't mind those in my rig, but chrome or close to it works better in your rig like Blaylock said.
Real bummer :(

Chrome no.
Decent looking aluminum? yes.

I wouldn't mind those in my rig, but chrome or close to it works better in your rig like Blaylock said.
Real bummer :(

Thanks man, yea really wish I could have done real chrome, but this looks good too, you guys will see it soon enough :)

- - - Updated - - -

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a better look at the case and the awesome blue powder coat :D

SciVwUu.jpg

4atDwA3.jpg

nlUHNSS.jpg

uoNp6ZY.jpg

RlDwGbn.jpg

Ow5ODiI.jpg

BI0vaMu.jpg

vhjXBMM.jpg

X6xowfo.jpg

jdc2hQw.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at some of the components going in the build. The CPU, fans and PSU.

Custom decals for the PSU and fans incoming!

8oTiHwS.jpg

Za5sgqk.jpg

6M2ZiYd.jpg

sgoYJCl.jpg

FGGUxLg.jpg

Here you can see the difference between the 15mm slim Gelid fans and 25mm normal ones.

adiZk1z.jpg

y0zS17T.jpg

8tyoDV1.jpg

6OhKQEh.jpg

VH0zIb7.jpg

nOEz3yF.jpg

JI4zybc.jpg

GTeoY2O.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Hmm, That's an interesting CPU choice Alex. Was this a customer request?

No, this build is for me. Will be used as an HTPC in my bedroom while I move the Vault Boy to the living room :)

So the G3258 and a GTX670 will be more than enough :)

I'm also excited to overclock it and see how it performs with some games :D

No, this build is for me. Will be used as an HTPC in my bedroom while I move the Vault Boy to the living room :)

So the G3258 and a GTX670 will be more than enough :)

I'm also excited to overclock it and see how it performs with some games :D
I'm hoping you have a good chip to OC on. Seems Intel's chip aren't all that great for overclocking as of late :(

Those fans have LED's in them?

I'm hoping you have a good chip to OC on. Seems Intel's chip aren't all that great for overclocking as of late :(

Those fans have LED's in them?

I hope so too! Only the slim 120s have LEDs, blue and with a switch to turn them on and off. I will see how the LED strips are once they arrive and decide if I will keep them on or off :)

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at all the waterblocks!

Gave them all a quick polish, no sanding was done, just applied the solution and used the Dremel with the polishing cloth attachment to polish around everywhere.

Quick, easy and they came out pretty good!

YSAtWY0.jpg

dgRyO8E.jpg

The frame of the CPU block was also done in the same powder coat chrome as the RAM modules however this also won't stay. I'm getting along with new RAM modules the nickel plated frame that EK offer. Should look pretty good with that on.

sj06lWo.jpg

Yth7MuK.jpg

TDtezi4.jpg

moQX6Jb.jpg

4Qet8Zq.jpg

Also giving this poor SSD a make over, was pulled from my Fractal Desing ARC Mini R2 build before becoming the Green Molecule. Not exactly sure what happened to the label on it.

Fbw6334.jpg

Everything looks good on the inside and still works well.

6wYjTAK.jpg

That's it for now. I'm working on this build everyday after work pretty much now so updates should be rolling in regularly.

Cheers,

Alex

Nice job on those blocks. I really like EK. Top of the Line and look great.

Thanks man! Yea my favourite WC brand! Though Bitspower have been releasing some really good looking waterblocks lately, wouldn't mind trying them in a future build :D

Shoulda got the clear block for my loop. Those look great!!

Thanks mate! Yea I'm thinking of getting the clear top and upgrading it to Supremacy EVO. You can buy upgrade kits for around $20 and they come with just the plexi bit and use the existing plate and mounting to turn it into a Supremacy EVO :D

Thanks man! Yea my favourite WC brand! Though Bitspower have been releasing some really good looking waterblocks lately, wouldn't mind trying them in a future build :D

Thanks mate! Yea I'm thinking of getting the clear top and upgrading it to Supremacy EVO. You can buy upgrade kits for around $20 and they come with just the plexi bit and use the existing plate and mounting to turn it into a Supremacy EVO :D
Huh? Wow that's pretty sweet actually.

I'll have to see if I can find one for my Supremacy MX.

I LOVE my Supremecy EVO Full Copper!

Yea those are pretty neat looking, I like the full nickel one :)

Huh? Wow that's pretty sweet actually.

I'll have to see if I can find one for my Supremacy MX.

Hmm not sure about the MX block, dunno if the internals and mounting is different for that one. Have a look on the actual EKWB Shop page, they have a lot of extra bits there :)

YV2iYvL.jpg

Time for another update! Slowly getting everything in the case to figure out the loop layout and if I need any more fittings :)

Painted the thumbscrews for the EK Supremacy black, think it goes better with the motherboard like this.

cCg4AXM.jpg

The little Pentium is in :D

WpGzpS2.jpg

I might change the CPU block layout, depending on the way I want to go with the loop.

3RWwVZu.jpg

uRPhPK4.jpg

w8MWV6t.jpg

7spMNwE.jpg

dVQlpJe.jpg

j7DaaKN.jpg

Also here it the GPU, this was in the Green Molecule build in SLI before the tear down.

nd8mYDO.jpg

Ic0YPgt.jpg

V1LD716.jpg

Will cut some vinyl to cover those pink and purple capacitors.

Wgd63Wf.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Things are getting a little bit tight in the case!

I figured out the loop for the build, I might need some more fittings to make it work and keep it nice and clean. Need to get the cables in first and see, they're currently on the way from Icemodz :D

NW6Pnat.jpg

T0DdaHB.jpg

ZzdiORg.jpg

C9yyoJD.jpg

wkJY46l.jpg

MYL48eU.jpg

miT8v9B.jpg

kE8Szuk.jpg

I really like the way this build is taking shape, let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Alex

Back