• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1700 Tbred $49.99 at newegg it is 10.30am PST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this is much better than my fried 1600+AGOIA. I pushed so hard on memory to 155fsb ( pc2100 generic ) and still rockz and the temp under 36C load ...wonder how high this get if I have higher memory

Bah. Be wary of buying any more of these' 1700+'s from NewEgg. I placed my order right after they dropped the price to $46.99, and I just got mine today. It's an AIUGA!!! :eek: :(

ryangs said:
Bah. Be wary of buying any more of these' 1700+'s from NewEgg. I placed my order right after they dropped the price to $46.99, and I just got mine today. It's an AIUGA!!! :eek: :(

That sucks...

My pair of JIUCB Week 51 1700+ chips are running at 1587 (138x11.5) at default voltage right now in my dual box. Definitely have the potential for going higher... but the load temps are ~48C (on-die) right now. I think I need a pair of SLK800's before I go much (if any) further.

sb

ryangs said:

Damn it...I bought one when they were $46.99 :( Mine arrives tomorrow

I itchin to replace my xp 1900, but I've heard there are some problems with the tbreds and soyo dragon boards (i'm asking this here because the soyo board is kind of slow :rolleyes:

I got mine for my duallie. One was a tbred A that wouldn't hit 1700mhz. The other was a tbred B.

My old tbred A hit 1.86ghz. The B should hit that easily. Currently, my old A and my new B are in there running at 1.73ghz. Obviously, I haven't tweaked it yet.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the new, crappy tbred A.

Caffinehog said:
I got mine for my duallie. One was a tbred A that wouldn't hit 1700mhz. The other was a tbred B.

My old tbred A hit 1.86ghz. The B should hit that easily. Currently, my old A and my new B are in there running at 1.73ghz. Obviously, I haven't tweaked it yet.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the new, crappy tbred A.

sell it on ebay

ryangs said:

i just ordered one on monday at that price and it was a b, jiuhb week 52 i think. it came on tuesday. haven't oc'ed yet, will throw it on a Epox 8RDA+ hopefully soon. i'm also curious how these do on air...

My 1700+ tops out at 12x188 2252 at 2.05v. I can get it up to 2292 at 2.22v but it is very hot and not stable with a 100% load. Oh well, 2.25 GHz for $50 is a pretty good deal.

v8vega350 said:

sell it on ebay

Nah, I can't do that. I've blown bridges already to give it a default multiplier of 13X. Gotta sell it to someone who understands unlocking and adjusting multipliers. I guess it's off to the classifieds.

AC Slater said:
My 1700+ tops out at 12x188 2252 at 2.05v. I can get it up to 2292 at 2.22v

Hey, watch those voltages. The rule of thumb is 15% over default is safe. That's 37% over default!!!!! .13 micron northwoods are dying at 17% over default. (Look up threads on sudden northwood death syndrome, or S.N.D.S.)

It just seems that the last year or so has introduced a lot of easy overclocks. This has allowed a lot more people to get into it without understanding the risks, and has even tempted experienced overclockers to throw caution into the wind.

Back