• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1700 Tbred $49.99 at newegg it is 10.30am PST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Caffinehog said:

Hey, watch those voltages. The rule of thumb is 15% over default is safe. That's 37% over default!!!!! .13 micron northwoods are dying at 17% over default. (Look up threads on sudden northwood death syndrome, or S.N.D.S.)

It just seems that the last year or so has introduced a lot of easy overclocks. This has allowed a lot more people to get into it without understanding the risks, and has even tempted experienced overclockers to throw caution into the wind.

I know those voltages are high, but proper cooling can overcome high voltages. I don't expect to use this cpu forever either, and I am not a n00b to the overclocking world just because registered at this site just a few months ago. CPU's come and go and I'm sure that I'll be buying the next $50 bargain chip when it comes out, I'll never spend the $135 I spent on my AYHJA 1.33 Tbird again.

Last edited:
Never said you were a newbie. In fact, I know you aren't. But the thing is, with the northweeds, it's even happended to people with phase-change cooling and the like.

/me laughs uproariously for hours on end and wets myself.

I don't get it.

/me wets myself again.

Hendrix talked about an electric church. I'm trying to make one... starting with my cpu. An electric church takes alot of voltage. And naked women. Where are the naked women?

/me wets myself.

Looks like Newegg pulled the old switch a roo. They now are selling AXDA1700DLT3C which are Tbred A's instead of the AXDA1700DUT3C which are Tbred B's. I have a feeling they are going to receive a lot of RMA's pretty soon.

I don't think they ever changed it to reflect The tbred B's. I think it's always been sold as a Tbred A, they just didn't bother updating the stepping info when they started getting B's.

Although frankly I'd love to see these folks RMA'ing JIUCB's getting AIUGA's to replace them. Hehehehe.

Back