• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AUDSCOTT said:
Some people have reported the 1/28 beta bios to be problematic. I couldn't get stable, so I reverted and all is well. I would suggest you test various confirguations on your machine to see what conclusion you come to regarding keeping 1/28 or returning to a prior version.

Does the Beta 1-28-05 BIOS have VDIMM to 4.0?

I think they do but they did not work good for me. System would hang at start up and restart once or twice before booting. I went back to the 10/15 bios

mysterfix said:
I think they do but they did not work good for me. System would hang at start up and restart once or twice before booting. I went back to the 10/15 bios

Anybody notice any increase in bandwidth, A.K.A. 3DMark2000/2001 scores with the 1-28-05 Beta? If you get more unstable, that probably means it does increase ram stringency, heh.

Yes, the DFI beta only goes to 3.1, but I can manage 250, 2-2-2-5 with my 2x512 XMS3500 there anyway (with 3.3 rail bumped a bit via an OCZ Powerstream).

TicTac has a beta 1-28 BIOS that has the 4.0 VDIMM.

The "DFI beta 10/15 - 3.1 vdimm - by Oskar_WU " link is currently down or something, right when i needed it too :p

hell did i say 2.5-8-8-10 ? damn it i meant to say 2.5-3-3-10

but seriously it dont matter what setting i use or fsb or or HTT/LTP it just refuses to do anything but puke out.

well i sold this piece of **** ram and got a gig of OCZ PC3200 Plat EL Rev 2 the TCCD stuff so we'll see what happens.

and with this ocz pc4000 that i have stock is 2.5-3-3-8 and i can run all day on that without a hitch but lower,,, forget it,, even at 200mhz t still wont run anything but 2.5-3-3-5 as the lowest timing.

anywho this is the wrong part of the forum for this.

hopefully i can do more with the tccd stuff,, it will be here friday. say a quick prayer for me gent's

Same Detecting Array problem as well as...

ITjob said:
NEW PROBLEM... bios 10/15

Tested for hours with 260 fsb...then reboot and "detecting array"...
another couple of hours....reboot ... "detecting array"..... ???????

Detecting array comes random, without any reason, also with exactly the same settings....

hope i can help making something more stable!

Smack!

IT

I had that above problem with 10/15 as well as the following:
For some reason Memorytest refuses to run.
Even at stock speeds memtest just reboots.
Does anyone have problems with memtest and using a wideangle
DVI LCD? That is the only hardware I changed!!!

Chris.

V_LESTAT said:
hell did i say 2.5-8-8-10 ? damn it i meant to say 2.5-3-3-10

but seriously it dont matter what setting i use or fsb or or HTT/LTP it just refuses to do anything but puke out.

well i sold this piece of **** ram and got a gig of OCZ PC3200 Plat EL Rev 2 the TCCD stuff so we'll see what happens.

and with this ocz pc4000 that i have stock is 2.5-3-3-8 and i can run all day on that without a hitch but lower,,, forget it,, even at 200mhz t still wont run anything but 2.5-3-3-5 as the lowest timing.

anywho this is the wrong part of the forum for this.

hopefully i can do more with the tccd stuff,, it will be here friday. say a quick prayer for me gent's

Supposedly not all TCCD will run 200, 2-2-2-5, e.g. only certain PQI or GSkill stuff, tho' running it that low is not much use.

I find these Clawhammers pretty frustrating: their mem controllers and HTT are all over the place. I just got a CG DTR 3400+ that maxes at 258 fsb with ram. Only does 2610 mhz too, what a dud. Yet a CO Claw not much older runs 270-271 with TCCD. Another 3400+ Claw only runs 252 max on ram, but can run 345 HTT. Some Claws max at 290 HTT or so.

So a lot of times it's not the ram that's holding you back.

good to know clevor.
my CG 3200+ claw maxes out at 2.5 no matter what voltage or htt/ltp i use.
so basically i just drop the multi then crank the fsb.. or leave it at 10x and run 250mhz 2.5-3-3-8
but memory bandwidth according to sandra is just horrible. nforce 3 150 boards beat this.. im frustrated so im trying some other ram.. and trying to get rid of the clawhammer and dfi board for a straight up trade for a GOOD 3500+ winchester.. something proven im tired of the claw its been absolutely great to me so i cant complain im just ready to move on to bigger and better.

im still using the DFI official beta bios,, it is way way better than the modded one here and has zero issues. no improvements but no issues booting or anything else.

V_LESTAT said:
good to know clevor.
my CG 3200+ claw maxes out at 2.5 no matter what voltage or htt/ltp i use.
so basically i just drop the multi then crank the fsb.. or leave it at 10x and run 250mhz 2.5-3-3-8
but memory bandwidth according to sandra is just horrible. nforce 3 150 boards beat this.. im frustrated so im trying some other ram.. and trying to get rid of the clawhammer and dfi board for a straight up trade for a GOOD 3500+ winchester.. something proven im tired of the claw its been absolutely great to me so i cant complain im just ready to move on to bigger and better.

im still using the DFI official beta bios,, it is way way better than the modded one here and has zero issues. no improvements but no issues booting or anything else.

Yeah most of the Claws, particularly the COs, max at 2510 right on the button. I can get to maybe 2580 with water.

And yes, bandwidth at 250, 2.5-3-3-8 is nothing special. The only ram that will run decent timings here without a lot of volts are Ballistix PC3200/4000. If you are lucky they will run 248-250, 2.5-2-2-5, which is a tad off BH-5 in speed. Above that you can do 2.5-2-3-5 up to 258-260 or so.

The DFI board is good at running ram. I've run EBs at 252, 3-2-2-5, Ballistix at 252, 2.5-2-2-5, and OCZ Golds at 252, 2-3-3-6, all at 2.8-2.9. My 2x512 XMS3500 run 252, 2-2-2-5 at 3.12 volts, and 255 at 3.22 volts (I think a record). Unfortunately, Memtest clean is one thing, hard to bench 3D at 255x10 - not stable.

IMO, the DFI has relaxed timings in the BIOS. It's not as fast as it seems. I know the NF8 board, if you can get up to 260x10 at 2.5-3-3-6, will give a decent S939 board a run for it's money.

excellent info Clevor very good to know.
but im sure the tccd platinum rev 2 will with the best of those settings or atleast ive hoped it will lol..

if i cant hit 250 @ 2-3-2-5 then im gunna be mad,,, ggrrr.. cuz thats what im seeing plenty of people say, its above that when you have to relax things.
at least with this skt754 i wont run dual channel so i shouldnt have any issues,, i hope .

V_LESTAT said:
excellent info Clevor very good to know.
but im sure the tccd platinum rev 2 will with the best of those settings or atleast ive hoped it will lol..

if i cant hit 250 @ 2-3-2-5 then im gunna be mad,,, ggrrr.. cuz thats what im seeing plenty of people say, its above that when you have to relax things.
at least with this skt754 i wont run dual channel so i shouldnt have any issues,, i hope .

Whoa there. If you are talking TCCD, it will NOT do -2-3- whatsoever, much above where it does 2-2-2-5. You are locked in at 2.5-3-3-7 pretty much from 220 on. Mainly it will run high fsb at those timings. In fact, no ram will do 250, 2.5-2-3-5 at 2.8 volts except Ballistix or the older EB stuff, and the latter needed more volts.

Some TCCD will do 250, 2-3-3-6 but it needs 3.0-3.1 VDIMM or so, and not worth it as those timings are slower in the Marks than 2.5-2-3-5. Pretty much any Ballistix is guaranteed 2.5-2-3-5 up to 255 or so. If you get lucky with the sticks, you might even get 250-253, 2.5-2-2-5 at 2.8-2.9 volts.

hhmm then im reading some things very wrong..if what you say is true.
but anywho.. im way off topic for this particular thread

has dwnld 9/14 Jess313 bios modded and ran Jess313 9/14 zip and extract into
My Directory but it came up w/ word and would ask for Password ? Duh cant extract due the ask password, Can u know of this ? Help ? :confused:

Is Anybody ? Know of this ? None isnt this an answer !
9/14 zip extract but will ask first for password, what going on this My cant get em this 9/14 zip to extract it !

Use one of the other bios or search the web for a link that works, they are all basically the same with minor changes.

What if I use the extra 5V rail on atx 2.0 psu instead of 3.3v rail? :eek:
and what is the biggest vdimm I can use safetly every day?
cause I am wondering about purchase some winbond memory (mushkin blue cl2)

best regards,
illu

5v would probably kill BH/CH/UTT dies. I would say that you'd want to stay under 4v unless you have some really good & out of the ordinary cooling for the memory (or perhaps just have memory that likes really high voltage). 3.2-3.6v seems to be the sweet spot. Higher than that & you'll possibly see some rather dead chips.

Have you read the stickies? Set your multipleir (the one you have set to 8) as high as it will go. Set your ldt to x3, bump your voltage to 1.55v and set the other voltage option to 110% go into your memory section and set it to 166 or 5:6 if I'm not mistaken. See if that works for you, if it does then bump up the bus speed till you cant get into windows anymore. Once that happens lower the bus speed by 10 and start testing for stability.

Back