• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but this DFI NF3 250 motherboard is the buggiest board I have ever used. Its way overhyped. And I'm not happy about the lack of bios updates.

My biggest problem is reboots. The thing sometimes get locked where its making all my cdrom drives spin, and the lights flashing, and doesn't boot. Then there are other times where it boots and totally bypasses my boot menu. Its extremely irritating.

tc17 said:
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but this DFI NF3 250 motherboard is the buggiest board I have ever used. Its way overhyped. And I'm not happy about the lack of bios updates.

My biggest problem is reboots. The thing sometimes get locked where its making all my cdrom drives spin, and the lights flashing, and doesn't boot. Then there are other times where it boots and totally bypasses my boot menu. Its extremely irritating.

One bad board(if in fact the board that's the problem) doesn't mean it's the "buggiest" and "overhyped". That's like getting a bad stick of ram and saying the same things about it. It happens.
Mine works great and hasn't given me any crap. In fact, it's the best OC'n board I've EVER owned.

I have a couple of querks with my board but It's only when overclocking and only during boot up. Sometimes the raid array fails to recognize hd's and I get a restart. Not really an issue for me though, I used to have an Abit KV8 pro that was not even half the board that this DFI is. I have had this board beyond 300htt without so much as a studder. My abit could not sustain that kind of overclock, it would boot but would not be stable at all. The abit board would also not run 1T memory timmings beyond 200htt.

I also had an MSI K8N neo platinum, which is very over rated. I couldn't even hit 2.4ghz on a chip that would do 2.45 on this board with less voltage. I love this board and I totally agree with phatty, this the best overclocker i have ever owned. if your not satisfied with your board I suggest you RMA it or at least do a little trouble shooting to make sure it's your board and not something else.

tc17 said:
I'll probably get flamed for saying this,
Not for the comments, but if you want some help please list your components and bios settings, otherwise your post does seem flame worthy. Without any information I have to look in my crystal ball and talk out of my butt ... which wants to say "power supply". :D

Tony420 said:
uhh 290 1:1 and only 3700mb/s?

somthing is seriously wrong with your setup. 260 1:1 gets me over the 4K mark

yeah man you heard me right,, but this has been the same bullpoo benchmarks ive always got with this cpu and ram,, ie - ive tested 3 different 754 boards. K8N-E Deluxe LP UT and VNF3-250 all the sma eor similar benchies for ram.

i got ZERO improvements i think when i went to 290mhz from 250mhz,,

i dropped 40mhz on the cpu ghz cuz i went from 10x multi to 8.5 multi but the ram is still 200mhz 1:1 2.5-3-3-10 1T interleaving on and everything else Auto cuz i really wasnt sure what to set all the other stuff too since i increased the ddr so much. i had all the other stuff set when i was at 290mhz. but now its all auto.

lastly,,, and this is the kicker.... i was not able to run 290mhz with both sticks of ram,,, then one day i said screw it,, and threw in the 2nd stick and the system booted right up runs 100% stable no memtest errors thru like 5 runs and no prime or Pi errors...
so,,, talk about wierd,,,

ill run a sandra mark and post a link for a screenshot in a bit..
here are my current CPU-Z settings.
CPU-Z CPU Specs
CPU-Z Mem Timings
btw this is with the REAL dfi beta not the hacked unstable bios

hhm no one wants to take a stab at my benchmarks im all for it i would love to know why my benchies for mem or so low when im running 1:1 290mhz 2.5-8-8-10 1T

because your running a half multi. Your ram isnt running at 290

hkp0lice said:
So you're still shutting down at random times?

Sorry, I've been Linuxing....:D

Turns out it was the power supply...and the BIOS. I switched out PSU fvrom my Antec True 430 to an Ultra 500. All was cool until I went back to the 1/28 - then the madness started again. Intermittant shut down - nt reboot. Flashed back and all's been well for the last several weeks.

Antec is sending me a replacement for my 2.5 year old 430, by the way.

Tony420 said:
because your running a half multi. Your ram isnt running at 290

tony it dont make any difference what multi or ram setting.. the sandra memory benchies are still crap.

and where is the real honest proof that the 1/2 multi's dont make your ram run what you set it too ?
i see alot of people talking the talk but ive never seen the proof. sounds like alot of scuttle butt to me....
i can run 8x multi or 9 or 9.5 or 10 and it dont change anything....

gentlemen,,, why no matter what fsb im using multiplier HTT= 2, 2.5. 3, 4, or whatever,, am i getting the same sandra benchies for my ram...

it dont matter what i set it to how much overclock im hitting a max of around 3700~3800 ?

cant say if its the board or ram or what.... btw this is my 2nd best board ive ever owned 1st was the MSI 865PE NEO2 FIS2R that was a definately a wolf in sheeps clothing wow.. screw abit,, thatMSI board just walked all over ABIT's ic7.

nothing wrong with the DFI aside from the fact they use that gawd aweful worthless nvidia sata. crap that thing is junk...

Last edited:
V_LESTAT said:
hhm no one wants to take a stab at my benchmarks im all for it i would love to know why my benchies for mem or so low when im running 1:1 290mhz 2.5-8-8-10 1T

why would you run those timings?????? 8-8 will give crap bench's. You need to stick to 2-2-, 3-3, or 4-4 at max....

Back