• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I reloaded the 1-25 BIOS....after winflash and reboot, bank interleave was disabled. All the other settings, which were in common with prior BIOS offerings were actly the same.

I cleared CMOS to find the bank interleave enabled by defaulr.

I still kept getting random power-downs. No blue screen or reboot....just cut power as nice as you please. Tried default dettings, optimized and configured to lowest stress, and still...

Went back to Oscar's Oct BIOS and all is happy.

Oh well, guess my board has personality. :D

sobol said:
Okey thanks for replay ive also readed somewhere more larger article about interleave.

Now im wondering if this option is default enabled or disabled in DFI LanParty UT NF3 ?

Normaly i can't have 1T coz its always fails prime95 tests and computer hangs.
With new bios 1T option enabled and interleave enabled i also dont have stability, but switching interleave to disabled gives me perfect stability, prime worked for 8 h till i turned it off.

AUDSCOTT said:
I reloaded the 1-25 BIOS....after winflash and reboot, bank interleave was disabled. All the other settings, which were in common with prior BIOS offerings were actly the same.

I cleared CMOS to find the bank interleave enabled by defaulr.

I still kept getting random power-downs. No blue screen or reboot....just cut power as nice as you please. Tried default dettings, optimized and configured to lowest stress, and still...

Went back to Oscar's Oct BIOS and all is happy.

Oh well, guess my board has personality. :D

Ya I get the same thing sometimes, system just turns off with this BIOS, but doesn't seem to do it anymore now... I think it might be ram instability. I was getting more shutdowns with 2x1GB sticks.

The wierdness continued for me - I tried a slug of configuratons, HTT/FSB, voltages, bank interleave off....no go.

Arbitrarily tried anoth of the betas and it's fine.

Maybe I gave up to soon, but my Office XP re-activation does feel like it. :D

Nice BIOS for those who are running happily! :drool:

This bios is workin fine for me with interleave on...running prime at 250x10 to confirm its still stable. I made sure it passed at 245 for 12 hours first, so we will see what 250 looks like.

245-12h.JPG

the latest beta bios made things much more stable for me. i can even get windows to attempt to start at fsb 240. before when i put it on 240 it would keep resetting before the windows screen would show up. now it will run through the start up a bit longer. i still cant figure out why im not able to get past fsb 239.

hi i have installed the bios version N32ld128

and now smarguardian show a lower cpu temp of 7-8 degrees °c
vs the old version 27/8

this is not a version bug free for temp ?

thanx

Anyone else having problems getting above 3.2v vdimm with the 1-28 bios? Only works up to 3.2v. If I try anything higher, it goes down to 2.5v :S

WTF! Flashed back to 10/15, and it's still the same. Maximum vdimm I'm allowed to use is 3.2v. Anything higher gives me the problems I stated above. ARGH!!

same vdimm stuff here. with a twist.

latest dfi beta only goes to 3.1v which is cool id like to go higher but oh well.

the 4v modded bios..... if i set it to 3.2v my system wont even post. yeah gotta love that,,, that bios instantly got dumped,, this new dfi beta bios works ALOT better than these hacked bios's and it also has memtest built in... god what more do you want,, a mobo maker who includes memtest in the bios!! i dont think it should have been IN the bios i think it should have been a post screen hotkey like hit F3 for memtest. seems pretty dumb to go into the bios everytime just to turn it on reboot then run it reboot then go back in and turn it off then reboot yet again.

oh well 3.1v is acceptabel i just cant believe these mobo makers still make bios's with anything under 3.2 ie ASUS's kick *** K8N-E deluxe mobo with a max vdimm of 2.7 yesss what a waste of time sort of

Tony420 said:
This bios is workin fine for me with interleave on...running prime at 250x10 to confirm its still stable. I made sure it passed at 245 for 12 hours first, so we will see what 250 looks like.

245-12h.JPG

OK, thats good to know. But the real question is did it improve benchmarks in any way with Interleave enabled?

V_LESTAT said:
same vdimm stuff here. with a twist.

latest dfi beta only goes to 3.1v which is cool id like to go higher but oh well.

the 4v modded bios..... if i set it to 3.2v my system wont even post. yeah gotta love that,,, that bios instantly got dumped,, this new dfi beta bios works ALOT better than these hacked bios's and it also has memtest built in... god what more do you want,, a mobo maker who includes memtest in the bios!! i dont think it should have been IN the bios i think it should have been a post screen hotkey like hit F3 for memtest. seems pretty dumb to go into the bios everytime just to turn it on reboot then run it reboot then go back in and turn it off then reboot yet again.

oh well 3.1v is acceptabel i just cant believe these mobo makers still make bios's with anything under 3.2 ie ASUS's kick *** K8N-E deluxe mobo with a max vdimm of 2.7 yesss what a waste of time sort of
Yeah, but my problem is that I can't get it working again, whichever bios I try! I tried reflashing with various bioses all yesterday, and I can't get it working again. 3.2v is now the maximum vdimm I can use, regardless of bios. So, somehow my board has gotten borked... Really weird that a bios flash could do that :rolleyes: My EB needs 3.3v to really shine, so this will really limit me. Damnit!!

El<(')>Maxi said:
OK, thats good to know. But the real question is did it improve benchmarks in any way with Interleave enabled?

Maxi -

honestly for me,,, i saw nothing change. Infact when i run a single 512 stick of my OCZ PC4000 EL Gold Rev2 i can pull 290mhz at 2.5-3-3-8 1T but when running both sticks i can only get 260mhz without massive memory errors with memtest. and then windows corruption.

im not real sure what benchies you would like to have us test but we already know that sandra isnt the one to use.
but if i use sandra i actually get some of the worst scores ive ever seen with scores running LESS than an Nforce3 150 with pc3200 yes and thats even when i run my ram at 1:1 290mhz. is that a bloody aweful joke or what ??
running both sticks i get a lesser score.
so to say did it improve ? i dont know but i know just regular im having some serious bandwidth issues to begin with...
i have no clue how or why but i can not make it get higher.
jesus running 290mhz 1:1 you would think id be pulling some very impressive scores but im not.
i think my bench was 3700 points in sandra memtest i havent run the cache test though..

uhh 290 1:1 and only 3700mb/s?

somthing is seriously wrong with your setup. 260 1:1 gets me over the 4K mark

Is the only difference in the 128 beta bios the addition of memory interleave? Since I have flashed to it I am having a hell of time overclocking my system. Should I disable the memory interleave and see how that does or go back to the 1015 bios?

tommcd64 said:
Is the only difference in the 128 beta bios the addition of memory interleave? Since I have flashed to it I am having a hell of time overclocking my system. Should I disable the memory interleave and see how that does or go back to the 1015 bios?

Some people have reported the 1/28 beta bios to be problematic. I couldn't get stable, so I reverted and all is well. I would suggest you test various confirguations on your machine to see what conclusion you come to regarding keeping 1/28 or returning to a prior version.

The only thing I can try is to disable the memory interleave. If that don't do the trick then I will have to flash back to 10/15.

I found the root of my problems: evidently the 1/28 BIOS happen to come at the same time: My machine was turning off all weekend, when I lowered my FSN/HTT and resulting overclock (or stock :eek:) it ran O.K. Kept thinking PSU - so I went looking, then it dawned on me that power supplies run at output within specific temperature ranges.

I keep a clean case, but not once in the 2 plus years I've had my Antec True 430 have I cleaned it out.

Damned, miraculous what a good bloy job will do..I upped to 285 FBS, without changing any other voltage settings and ran 3DMark05 for a few iterations....only been 6 hours, but it looks like the dust (there was some) was the culprit.

I wished my problem was that easy to fix. I have a new psu in and I cleanded everything when I installed it last week.

I'm such a sucker...maybe glutton for punishment. :D

I flashed 1/28....it starts again. WIERD!! (me, not the BIOS). :clap:

Back