• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
V_LESTAT said:
whats up with the multiplier in this bios.
here is an example.

9xmulti and 260mhz FSB and 1:1 ram should equal 2.5ghz but it dont its like 2.3

8x multi and 270mhz should equal 2.5ghz but it dont its like 2.3 ghz or something

right now i have it at 9.5x and 260mhz fsb and its 2.47ghz thats wrong.

basically drop the multi by 1 and raise the FSB by 10 and it should be where you had it before you lowered the multiplier. but its not.

i had 8x multiplier and 275mhz FSB and it wasnt barely over 2.4ghz whats the deal with this motherboard ??

lmfao?? Your either joking or :eek: ...well...I dont know what to say? :confused:

260x9 = 2340
270x8 = 2160
260x9.5 = 2470
275x8 = 2200

Make sure you dont do somones math homework in the future, you might get them bumped back to 3rd grade

Last edited:
Tony420 said:
lmfao?? Your either joking or :eek: ...well...I dont know what to say? :confused:

260x9 = 2340
270x8 = 2160
260x9.5 = 2470
275x8 = 2200

Make sure you dont do somones math homework in the future, you might get them bumped back to 3rd grade

yeah i know what i said isnt right i did the math but listen

my 2 other boards MSUT be reporting the clockrates wrong then

same cpu and ram using an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe and a Chaintech VNF3-250 report
10x - 250 - 2.5ghz
9x - 260 - 2.5ghz
8x - 270 - 2.5ghz

so are 2 other motherboard makers wrong ??

all i know gentleman is that this motherboard is fooked.

everything i try means nothing i get random reboots and 90% of the time it wont boot past the RAID bios screen.

i can start a program or game or 3dmark and the system just reboots.

doing hd tests with HD Tach my raid (2 36gig raptors run slower than 1 7200rpm SATA and certain parts are slower than a U100 7200 rpm IDE

now take my SAME hardware an throw it on the ASUS K*n-E deluxe and fook me WOW its night and day boys.

SATA Raid is SMOKIN NO reboots NO issues at all. even running my OCZ PC4000 EL Gold Rev 2 at 2.7v cpu at 1.6v and 250mhz FSB i have NO issues.

well ive tried everything i can think of with this and nothing works,,, the raid is crap and slower than poop the system reboots whenever it wants...

and i dont know why maybe its cuz i have all those worthless unnecessary dram timings set to auto instead of manually chnging them all.
i do use 2.5-3-3-10 which is fine but everything else is auto and ram freq is 200mhz.

so no sure what the deal is but i am rma'ing it and the company isexchanging it for an MSI NEO Platinum yeah yeah i know its buggy too but i have always loved msi and my msi 865pe neo2 fis2r was a friggin beast best damn motherboard ive ever owned. yanked a solid 950mhz OC with a 3.0C ES with no issues. so im hoping since this will be the latest rev of mobo that it will be as good.

anyways...

im willing to fiddle around with this mobo until that board comes so if anyone has any suggestions for bios settings and way to make the nvraid run the way it should im all ears..

the memtest option when enabled causes my pc to reboot past the POST screen.. should i have UPDATE ALL checked when i update? when i updated i think DMI block was set to not update

UPDATE: even with DMI block set to update and i rewrote the bios when memtest is enabled my system reboots after the post screen

Last edited:
I just want to say that this nf3 mobo is okay, runs, no overclock, does just fine, until I update to service pack 2 from those microsoft bastards, then it takes a poop. won't go online, no task manager, everything locks up. no sp2, it's all good: 80-90 fps in COD with settings all to high, blood on, etc.... battlefield vietnam runs fine at high settings... pretty much I have no real gripes, until I install that sp2 BS. if I had paid money for xp, I'd really be p.o.'ed.

wow this made a big difference, i switched from stock bios because of some issues with memtest on cd not running correctly and bam my cpu temp (which i had thought was running a bit high for awhile now) literally came down about 10C in its reading, right about what i felt it was off by, going from 50c loads to 40c loads or 46c loads to 36c loads makes me feel much better (the 46/36 change was what i had when i changed bios, but at night i like to turn the heat on...its hard to get out of bed into a frigid room....

It is quite strange that temps dropped 9-10C with a bios update. I just got around to updating my bios and load went from 52C to 42-43C. Keep in mind I'm running at 2.5Ghz (277x9) at 1.85Vcore (watercooled). Has anyone verified their temps with any sort of expensive thermometer? I don't have anything to verify temps with, but if someone could do it, I'd feel more comfortable. I'd like to be sure my mobo is reporting temps accurately.

Hello there I just have had the same problem and I fix it :

JUST DISABLE FAST RIGHTS ON BIOS and there you go no more freezing!! :attn:

iannkt78 said:
I just installed the DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250Gb last week and when i play games (CS:S, Lomac, BF 1942, IL2:pacific Fighters), the games freezes up completly (sound and video) for about 10 sec, then everything returns to normal and I can keep playing. But it keeps doing it. Anybody ever have this problem?

System specs are:

AMD 64 3400+
1.5 GB Corsair 3200 DDR
BFG 6800 GT OC
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Fortron 530 Watt Power Supply

Anyone else still getting this "detecting array" bullcrap all the time? Maybe it's an issue with SP2? It's pretty annoying. I think i get it with all bioses.

@Adaman:

If you get the "detecting Raid blablabla...", then you are pushing something too hard (for example memory timings-wise or the CPU or memory clocks).

BTW, what about a new BIOS version of the new beta bios with the 4V Vdimm option enabled in BIOS??? That would be great!

Adaman said:
Anyone else still getting this "detecting array" bullcrap all the time? Maybe it's an issue with SP2? It's pretty annoying. I think i get it with all bioses.

how can it be an sp2 issue when the OS isnt even booted? its the bios

Thanks for the link craig:)

Hey HK, how much lower did you have to run your memory after this BIOS, or did you even get that far yet?

El<(')>Maxi said:
Thanks for the link craig:)

Hey HK, how much lower did you have to run your memory after this BIOS, or did you even get that far yet?

I didn't really test that yet. I can run 1 stick of 512mb PC4000 ballistix @ 255Mhz 2.5-2-2 (2way) interleaved, but 2 sticks keeps getting stuck @ nVraid. Sometimes I do manage to boot through the nVraid and it was 4way interleave.

My friend with 2x 512mb sticks of VX and DFI can do interleaving no probs, so it could be my board/cpu or maybe Micron chips just don't like interleaving.

I rather run 255Mhz 1:1 than run async /w interleave. I doubt it would boost performance enough to make up for the lost Mhz.

What exacly is bios bank interleave ? What is default setting of it on DFI.
And what effect it have on stability/performance ?

Greetz

Bank interleave allows the memory banks to alternate refresh: Since 2 bankc = one memory slot, the increase from a single cycle refresh for the memory is a free bandwidth boost.

Stability wise...If your memory can't handle the interleave, you'll get no benefit. One the other hand, you could see a memory bandwith degradation if interleaving results in out of sequence refresh.

I tried the 1-28 BIOS. It looked nice, but my system kept turning off....not crashing, but shutting down. I disabled auto overheat shut-down and several other memory timings, without luck. Decided I'd just have to live without this BIOS...too bad for me. :cool:

sobol said:
What exacly is bios bank interleave ? What is default setting of it on DFI.
And what effect it have on stability/performance ?

Greetz

Okey thanks for replay ive also readed somewhere more larger article about interleave.

Now im wondering if this option is default enabled or disabled in DFI LanParty UT NF3 ?

Normaly i can't have 1T coz its always fails prime95 tests and computer hangs.
With new bios 1T option enabled and interleave enabled i also dont have stability, but switching interleave to disabled gives me perfect stability, prime worked for 8 h till i turned it off.

Back