• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jiff1 said:
(cant get two sticks over 253 but one can do 265 T1 or 295 T2

We're all in the same boat on that problem. :(

I'm good up to about ~247 on two sticks, ~282 on one stick with my TCCD.

jiff1 said:
Hi all

Anyone tell me if the voltage over 3.1 (vdimm) shows in either bios or smart guard? If I go over 3.1 the bios/smartguard shows my memory at 2.5 (default) and yes I have 3.6 volts going through my 3.3 rail :)

Cheers

Someone must of used more than 3.1 volts? :bang head

Hmmm.

I get somet on boot up screen saying No IDE 80 cable installed, or something along those lines.

What the hell is that????

Also i dunno if it's my overclock or what, but i keep getting a blue screen in HL2, and COD, just dies to a blue screen and 1 press of power button turns it off straight away.

My temps also seem high, and it's pissing me off. I might just leave it at stock. :confused:

dood. I get the exact same probelm in call of duty and now in hl2 as well. IN COD as soon as I pick a team it goes hard textless blue. In HL2 it freezes after a minute or so. If I reinstall COD it works fine - until I reboot, after which it reverts. After two formats, three sets of ram, a cpu swap, about four sets of ATI drivers, punkbuster updates, all not working,
my latest install of cod held up over a reboot but that was jsut yesterday, who knows how it will fare next time I start it.

I am running the first modded bios if that says anything.

also, I have been unabloe to get anywhere near 300HTT (with ram dividers of course) over 2 cpus now, and I am using sub zero phase change. could my board be bad?
is there really no difference in bioses apart from memtest?

Hmmmm what video card and drivers have you got?

Thinking it might be a driver issue.

Iam going to try the 4.12 Beta's, as iam using 4.11 Cats at the moment.

jiff1 said:
Hi all

Anyone tell me if the voltage over 3.1 (vdimm) shows in either bios or smart guard? If I go over 3.1 the bios/smartguard shows my memory at 2.5 (default) and yes I have 3.6 volts going through my 3.3 rail :)

Cheers
ps anyone have trouble overclocking with two sticks of ballistix? (cant get two sticks over 253 but one can do 265 T1 or 295 T2

Same problem here....any chance in getting the vdimm in 0.05V steps as well?

hello @ all,

sorry for my bad english.

it's possible to add 3.5 multiplier at LDT/FSB ?

it's possible to add RAM multiplier ?
in this way if i have 200MHz of FSB i can have ram at 300MHz......it's possible ?

it should be very cool :temper:

Grov said:
Hmmm.

I get somet on boot up screen saying No IDE 80 cable installed, or something along those lines.

What the hell is that????

My guess is that by running at high temps, then cooling when you turn it off, the cable connection expanded and contracted enough to wiggle off. So, open her up and reseat your drive cables and see if that does the trick.

Bill

I had the same problem with the vdimm bios as others here. for a week or so I could select over 3.3 vdimm, ran 3.5 for awhile, with rail well over 3.6
then one day, out of the blue, a windows freeze, and then all I could choose was up to 3.3. anything more gave 2.6 and I had to go to 3.3 in two steps, straight to 3.3 would get me 2.6. reflashed, messed w/ 3.3 rail, tried different bioses, other bh5 sticks, nothing worked.

eventually I got it to where it would accept anything over 3.3 (3.4, 3.5) as 3.35-3.38 in bios, but that was it.

after this problem and some darned weird otehr problems with cpu and games I am chucking the DFI, working with MSI 939 Neo Plat now.

no disrespect meant to oskar or jess,

great work by these guys, they just have a very high performance machine that is very finicky. like a ferrari.

__TRONIK__ said:
great work by these guys, they just have a very high performance machine that is very finicky. like a ferrari.

Well that's how DFI boards are. Personally I prefer them over all the others for overclocking, but you have to know what your doing or you can end up on your azz wondering what you just did :santa:

I'm about to reflash my bios to see if I can get the vdimm going.

hmmm everyone having problems with cod makes me wonder?

Every single game I play works fine but COD MP and I get a BSOD eventually? WTF? I have played vietnam 1h+ and I dont recall running COD longer than 20 min without BSOD. I know theres no way the system was unstable because COD still crashed at complete STOCK, and even underclocking.

Got mine working with the 4V bios. Having another problem though. My 3.3V like reads over .3V lower in the bios than it does on DMM. This is limiting my max vdimm with the bios to 3.38V which isn't enough. Anyone else seen this?

I tested both with a DMM by the way

I would tend to say I know what I am doing :p

I am seeing more and more problems with COD troubles. A common denominator is almost always ATI (but then any overclocker worth his salt is running ati oer the past couple years) and often, the Lanparty UT.
It is a hell of a board for clocking memory, that is a given, so it does not surprise me that steve is a big fan. but for other things like performance/stability overall, it usually takes a backseat to some other board. like Nf7 or K8 Neo2 for example. At jsut 2.3ghz and 240fsb with my bh5, stock PE, I jsut killed anything I ever got on the lanparty. and of course there is the dual channel, so mem bandwidth is considerably higher.
I like Dfi's boards in general, I just think they are unpredicatble. sometimes problems mysteriously go away, other times they are back. what is rock stable today is unbootable tomorrow. I know people will be preaching back on this one, but I am a converted. I like dfi, liked this board, may have jsut gotten a bad one. But didn't see the point in buying another when the very nice 939 was jsut barely more expensive, jsut barely, and that offered the ability to use 90nm chips right now, for the same price as a s754 version of the same chip.

If I was bothered about having a rig that ran perfectly fine and was niggle free, I wouldn't be overclocking in the first place. :p

You pays your money, you takes your chance.

SteveOCZ said:
Got mine working with the 4V bios. Having another problem though. My 3.3V like reads over .3V lower in the bios than it does on DMM. This is limiting my max vdimm with the bios to 3.38V which isn't enough. Anyone else seen this?

I tested both with a DMM by the way

This may sound stupid, but try flashing again, I've had problems with 3 flashes in a row on this board, then all of a sudden you pull off the magical flash, and all is fine, also Jess recommends flashing twice every time I think, flash once, then flash again straight after, before the reboot.

It's a funny old board, but when it works, I love it.

Tony420 said:
hmmm everyone having problems with cod makes me wonder?

Every single game I play works fine but COD MP and I get a BSOD eventually? WTF? I have played vietnam 1h+ and I dont recall running COD longer than 20 min without BSOD. I know theres no way the system was unstable because COD still crashed at complete STOCK, and even underclocking.

I had the same problem as this, I switched to the cat 4.12 betas, and switched off fast writes which cured it.

billsen said:
My guess is that by running at high temps, then cooling when you turn it off, the cable connection expanded and contracted enough to wiggle off. So, open her up and reseat your drive cables and see if that does the trick.

Bill

Hi there.

So what is the cable it's on about?

It still keeps coming up on every boot up?

It's no IDE 80 Secondary or somet along lines. I have no idea what it is.

Grov said:
It's no IDE 80 Secondary or somet along lines. I have no idea what it is.

Basically, once IDE speeds hit a certain point, an 80 wire IDE cable was needed rather than the old 40 wire one, to help reduce crosstalk/interferance with the higher speeds, so if you're using an old IDE cable, that could be causing the problem, of course, if you're using an 80 wire cable anyway, I have no idea. :(

Back