• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So guys.

If i get some of that new OCZ VX PC3200, do i just flash to to 10/15 BIOS with the 4.0 Vdimm?

Also i suppose id need to replace the heatsink on the board as well? Aiming for 10x255 around there.

Vantec Iceberg?

Jess1313: what about BIOS with newer Memtest86? ver. 1.40 will be a good idea...

I just installed the DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250Gb last week and when i play games (CS:S, Lomac, BF 1942, IL2:pacific Fighters), the games freezes up completly (sound and video) for about 10 sec, then everything returns to normal and I can keep playing. But it keeps doing it. Anybody ever have this problem?

System specs are:

AMD 64 3400+
1.5 GB Corsair 3200 DDR
BFG 6800 GT OC
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Fortron 530 Watt Power Supply

rite, can any1 tell me the exact command to flash the BIOS? this my first DFI board (been using Abit since..I can't remember) and its bios (the Abit one) always come with an runme.bat file :D
Im only trust the old Floopy when it comes to BIOS flashing so please dont tell me to use the utility to flash BIOS in windows
cheers
P.S: Can I get around 3.2v for the Vdim with 4v-BIOS consider my [email protected]?

Last edited:
Just use winflash.

It's pretty easy. Id never flashed before, now i have flashed again to the 10/15 BIOS.

Just tick the DMI area and bootlock options, open up your file, then press flash.

P.S anyone know where Jess is?

new user bios question

I will be getting my first dfi board tomorrow and my first amd64. I ordered the lp ut nf3 250 and 3400NC cpu along with the xp-120hs and 70cfm fan. I was looking at the modded bioses. I was looking to use the fourth 10/15 bios. Is this bios okay even if I don't want above 3.2 for my vdimm? Also a question about the passive cooling on the chipset. Does this need to be replace when oc'ing? I have 40mm fan that might fit on it. I also have a thermaltake crystal orb that is laying around doing nothing I was wondering if it would fit. I have had a lot of experience with the nfs-7 bioses but this is my first with this. Thanks for the good posts that have helped me to understand about the htt and oc'ing. I have 2 512mb sticks of mushkin level 1 pc3500 ram. On my abit board I have it running at 230x11.5 at 2-2-2-11. Hopefully it will do well on the dfi board. I know my timings will need to be looser.

Samurai Jack said:
The temp problems are being worked on by DFI.

SJ

Any word on a solution for this yet? I put a temp probe on my cpu and the mobo sensor is showing almost 9C hotter than the the temp probe.

No matter what bios I use I just can't get the temps down on my 3400NC. I still idle at 43C without overclocking. I am oc'd right now at only 212x12 and my idle is 48C with load of 58C. I got this board because of the great overclocks people were getting out of it but I am a little frustrated with the temp issue. I don't know whether I should rma the board for a replacement or get a refund and go with a different one. The issue is not one of proper heatsink placement nor proper fan cooling.

The temp is reading incorrectly.. Mine says it's 39c idle, which is just not true. As long as you're stable, I wouldn't worry too much about the temp reading.

My idle. just-booted temps in the BIOS or into windows are always near 50C -- even w/ stock voltage and an XP-90 heatsink. Currently ITE Smart Guardian reads 52C w/ 1.5volts on the CPU and my tornado on full blast (it's the same w/ the tornado on minimum too). WACKY.
Yes, I've re-mounted the HS many times in hopes of better temps--perhaps there's somthing better than crisco. . . .lol. . .no, jk, even w/ AS5.

Whats the holdup on a new bios from DFI? Its been forever...

Were pretty much screwed untill they finish the NF4 then maybe they will get around to the less important NF3 users...Way to blow DFI

OMG I'm experienced this issue right now with this new board!
I hate Thermal Thorttling too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAACK!

Continue reading (in anticipation for an answer)

Tacoman667 said:
Does this new BIOS fix the problem where you have to clear CMOS after changing the CPU Throttling option to Disabled? I hate that damned CPU Throttling!

I started a forum...

To find out how I could disable CPU thermal thottling and I eventually came across this forum.

Thanks to you (jesse) i've been able to do just that!
Thanks a bundle bro!

Now to find out how I can increase this overclock.

Thanks Jess!

Got my DFI motherboard Thursday, have been sweating bullets because after 3 times of cleaning and reapplying Arctic Silver 5 to the bottom of my Zalman 7000Cu cooler, the temps wouldn't drop below 50 C, even at startup. Applied the 10/15 BIOS, and I can cut off that %#^&# ThermoThrottling. Now at 39 C with my 3000, I'm feeling just a little bit more at ease. Hopefully I'll be back to sub-35 C once the AS-5 finishes curing.

Also, I know you don't remember, but you (or your likeness) helped me out a lot on the Abit forums when I was still screwing around with that damn KV8-Pro. I swear, that was the first VIA-chipset based motherboard I had touched in about 3 years, and it just reminded me of all the reasons I stopped using VIA-based boards. I really appreciate that you tried to help.

Also, this is probably a moot point here on the DFI forums, but avoid the Epox 8KDA3J like the plauge, it has some serious CPU undervolting issues (which is why I finally switched to DFI).

Tony420 said:
Whats the holdup on a new bios from DFI? Its been forever...

Were pretty much screwed untill they finish the NF4 then maybe they will get around to the less important NF3 users...Way to blow DFI

While i think they should have released an offcial BIOS, it doesn't really matter, as the 10/15 BIOS is mint.

sure, 10/15 is good...but not good enuff. I am SICK AND TIRED of getting coldbooting and no post 50% of the time when I change my IDE bootup from IDE to NVIDIA stripe and visa versa. If Tictac or trats or somone made a bios id be willing to bet we would also sqeeze some more mhz out of our ram/cpu...

at the end of the day all I require from DFI is them to COMPLETLEY fix the coldboot issue...it drives me up the wall!

whats up with the multiplier in this bios.

default for my 3200+ clawhammer is 10x ok thats 2.0ghz

if i drop it to 9 its like 8 if i drop it to 8 its like 6. what gives.

here is an example.

9xmulti and 260mhz FSB and 1:1 ram should equal 2.5ghz but it dont its like 2.3

8x multi and 270mhz should equal 2.5ghz but it dont its like 2.3 ghz or something

right now i have it at 9.5x and 260mhz fsb and its 2.47ghz thats wrong.

basically drop the multi by 1 and raise the FSB by 10 and it should be where you had it before you lowered the multiplier. but its not.

i had 8x multiplier and 275mhz FSB and it wasnt barely over 2.4ghz whats the deal with this motherboard ??

also the HTT frequency seems to be really screwed up.. i was running 10x multi 250mhz fsb which is 2.5ghz and the HTT was 1200 mhz which would equal 4x HTT correct ? or is that 3x htt ?? that was leaving it at auto.

whatever the trick is to this motherboard and the 10/15 bios its really got me stumped. its bad enough that the nvidia raid took me 2 days to make it work cuz of the way this bios is using a PREBETA nvidia rom well thats rubbish why are you guys using a nvidia sata rom that DFI has pulled from the public why havent you put in it a good working sata bios.
the performance of this nvidia sata is a total turd and im VERY disappointed.

someone throw me a bone here cuz this mobo is confusing

oh yeah the damn non booting issue wow talk about making me mad,, it goes past the nvidia raid bios screen and the system reboots, over and over sometimes once sometimes 3 times. this is insane and rediculous in my book.

maybe i need to go bakc to the dfi bios from their downlaod section of their website. but it seems like a pretty old bios to me.

You might want to try a calculator.

8 x 270 = 2160
9 x 260 = 2340
9.5 x 260 = 2470

BTW, as soon as you go over 200 HTT, you need to take the multi off of Auto and use the appropriate setting. Here's a loose guide:
5x - only @ 200
4x - up to 235-245
3x - up to 245-265
2.5x - up to 320
These aren't set in stone, but should get you in the ballpark.

Back