• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you leave it on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How long do(es) your computer(s) stay on?

• 24/7

Votes: 726 54.3%
  • Only while in use

Votes: 286 21.4%
  • Depends

Votes: 325 24.3%

• Total voters
Mine is the computer that is never off. No reason to turn it off. They're not that expensive to run 24/7. Myself and my two roommates run all three of our rigs 24/7.

i turn mine off when i will not be using it until several hours later, but if i am downloading a large file i will leave it on at days at a time if need be, so i voted depends.

touser said:
i turn mine off when i will not be using it until several hours later, but if i am downloading a large file i will leave it on at days at a time if need be, so i voted depends.
Help us to help you. Fold!
Alzheimer's isn't going to cure itself.

Last edited:
Anyone scared to leave their computer on after they put a new peice of hardware in? I know it takes me a few nights to 'trust' the new hardware...

Slick..

slick306 said:
Anyone scared to leave their computer on after they put a new peice of hardware in? I know it takes me a few nights to 'trust' the new hardware...

Slick..

Nah, I jus' toss 'er in and keep on foldin' (YEE HAW). Ain't nevuh 'ad no BSOD neither. I don' even know what that BSOD thang y'all talk about is. No siree! I luv that Billy Bob Gates fellah up there in Warshintun. He take gooooood care uh me an' I ain' nevuh bin nuhvus 'bout no new hahdware.
</sarcasm>

And you thought that L3375P34K was hard to understand.
Actually, I'm only nervous until I finish stability testing.

IdeaMagnate said:

Nah, I jus' toss 'er in and keep on foldin' (YEE HAW). Ain't nevuh 'ad no BSOD neither. I don' even know what that BSOD thang y'all talk about is. No siree! I luv that Billy Bob Gates fellah up there in Warshintun. He take gooooood care uh me an' I ain' nevuh bin nuhvus 'bout no new hahdware.
</sarcasm>

And you thought that L3375P34K was hard to understand.
Actually, I'm only nervous until I finish stability testing.

Nice, liked that one!

The only thing that makes me nervous is a crash when I am not home or sleeping, and I might lose folding time! :D

"only while in use"...

My comp gets slow and laggy after a while. Must be the memory management of Windows :rolleyes:

--Garfield

Back