• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED First Time Overclocker Needing Help. AMD Pro, Gigabyte Mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The CPU-z Memory tab will show you the current running frequency of the ram. The CPU-z SPD tab will show you the maximum rated frequency for the ram at the stock 200 mhz FSB. Proxish, I'm starting to think that TMPIN2 may be a bogus, false reading to be ignored. If it were me, I'd start to overclock and see what happens. Disclaimer: "trents will not be held responsible for any damage done to equipment by overclocking. Overclocking voids all warranties". But you only go around, once Right?

tumblr_lzhvh1VcLe1r4v5l4o1_400.jpg

They are ****ing roasting, couldn't hold my finger on them for more than 2 seconds.

I guess this means my two mini fans will be moving home to the mosfats? If so I can have that done in 10 minutes. I'll make sure they are right on top of them, no space for air to escape.

If no success then I'll measure up to see the biggest fan size that will fit so that the mosfats can, as Arnold in Batman and Robin would say, COOL AFF!!!

Was there the smell of roasting flesh?

Oh, and thanks for the photo. It's always nice to see what members actually look like! And I take it from the photo that you must have used your thumbs instead of your fingers to test the mosfet temp.

"You only go around once" = "You only have one life to live so go for it!"

There was no burning flesh, luckily.

I used my finger and tested 3 parts of it, all equally hot. I couldn't get my thumb in, hands are too big.

That's not what I look like... On the outside anyway, but on the inside... Maybe...

Oh, never heard it said that way before. Thank god you didn't say the dreaded YOLO *Hiss hiss* Here in the UK we tend to just say... Ah, **** it, why not... lol.

Relocating the fans now...

Yeah, I think you are wise to move your fans over to the mosfets there behind the CPU socket. They're the most vulnerable components on the board actually.

Oh my tits, turned on the pc, TMPIN2 is sitting at 56c :O

Running a blend now... Hit 70 so far... I wonder if there is a way to just have those tiny fans run at 100% constantly...

[Edit] Just realised it was sitting at 60c before anyway... Ffs...
Just made a quick measurement, I could maybe fit a 6cm in there, albeit, two cm's above the mosfats, instead of the two 4cm fans... Would that make a major difference?

If they are 3 pin fans they will run full speed. They can't be controlled by the bios. If they are four pin fans then you have PWM control of fan speed in bios. Look in HWMonitor and you can see what the fan's speed is if it's a three or four pin fan connected to a motherboard header.

Well, I guess we found out what TMPIN2 is now!

Now get a 50 mm fan for the NB.

All the fans in my PC are 3pin... I think even the front one.

A 50cm for the NB? But I thought the temp of it didn't even change when I had the 2 40mm on it...

Sorry for questioning you, I'm just confused...

Here is the new blend, only a 3c drop.
17.3.13.JPG

That was when we thought the NB was TMPIN2. Now you really do have the fans on TMPIN2.

How hot is the NB heatsink to touch? That may or may not be TMPIN0 as there may not even be a sensor for that component but if the NB sink is uncomfortably hot to the touch it would be wise to eventually put air on it. The NB is the PCI/PCI-e controller and your video card is plugged into that subsystem.

For some reason, your previous post didn't load properly when I first read it.

Just checked it, it's not that warm, I was able to keep my fingers on it.

No "mofats". "Mosfets" or just "fets" for short. No, you now have two fans on the mosfets as I understand what you were saying in post #148. I understood you to say you moved the two fans from the NB heatsink over to the mosfets area and TMPIN2 went down about 15c at idle when you did. Those two fans seem to be doing the job on the mosfets. 72c under load for the mosfets is nothing to worry about.

What I'm suggesting is you get another fan (50 mm) to cool the NB sink since you just took the fans off of it to use on the fets.

Why are we having such a hard time communicating here? What is it about what I'm trying to say that is confusing you?

Right, sorry. It's my fault I'm not understanding. Dyslexia mixed in with a lack of sleep is making thing slightly difficult at the moment. But again, my apologies.

I was wrong in my earlier statement, my previous blend before the fans were moved had TMPIN2 at 60c idle.
My new TMPIN2 with the fans now covering the mofets is 56c idle.
My original TMPIN2 at the very beginning was 76c, and 95c under pressure. Which I imagine I was, as I was constantly using Photoshop while watching a show, or playing games.

I will buy a 50mm fan and install it on the NB, I think a 60mm fan might even fit, I'll measure up before I order. I just didn't understand why I was ordering one, and was trying to learn why I was placing one there when no temperatures shown were effected, for future purposes and overclocking.

Right, sorry. It's my fault I'm not understanding. Dyslexia mixed in with a lack of sleep is making thing slightly difficult at the moment. But again, my apologies.

No, my apologies.

I was wrong in my earlier statement, my previous blend before the fans were moved had TMPIN2 at 60c idle.
My new TMPIN2 with the fans now covering the mofets is 56c idle.
My original TMPIN2 at the very beginning was 76c, and 95c under pressure. Which I imagine I was, as I was constantly using Photoshop while watching a show, or playing games.

What is now your max TMPIN2 temp under stress? That is what we need to know.

I will buy a 50mm fan and install it on the NB, I think a 60mm fan might even fit, I'll measure up before I order. I just didn't understand why I was ordering one, and was trying to learn why I was placing one there when no temperatures shown were effected, for future purposes and overclocking.

Your motherboard doesn't have an abundance of temp sensors and none of the temp lines in HWMonitor may actually correspond to a NB temp. Then I was also saying after you did the finger touch test on the NB that it didn't seem that hot and I wouldn't worry about putting a fan on it.

No need to apologise, it was my fault.

Ok, brilliant! I'm guessing that means...
After long last...
*Drum roll*

We can start the Overclocking process!...? Lol.

Back