• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars 2011 - Quick Reference Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most likely if there is an abundance of people qualifying for 1 class, there will be a prewars competition. In years past, there have even been additional classes added if all the teams could fill them out (i.e. Double D's, Double E's, and anything lower than that is just too big to handle.... wait... what are we talking about here? :D)

I prefer some double D's, its a big enough size to still be able to keep under control in those crazy situations... wait, are we talking about teams still?

So I'm a little worried about being able to access the internet while I have SLI'ed cards in my rig. My wireless card is in the PCI slot between the x16 lanes and there isn't anywhere else for it to fit.

Even if I wasn't planning to bundle up and go to the garage, I don't have access to anything besides wireless internet. Is there any way to submit scores without being online? Or am I going to have to work a miracle to get this thing on the internet?

Do you have licenses for your copies of 06 and Vantage? If so, you can save results and submit them later for submission online....Geekbench will allow the same thing.

So I'm a little worried about being able to access the internet while I have SLI'ed cards in my rig. My wireless card is in the PCI slot between the x16 lanes and there isn't anywhere else for it to fit.

Even if I wasn't planning to bundle up and go to the garage, I don't have access to anything besides wireless internet. Is there any way to submit scores without being online? Or am I going to have to work a miracle to get this thing on the internet?

Buy a cheap USB wireless just for the wars, ~$20.

You should be able to save all your score validations/screenshots to a flash drive.

Yes you can. You save the file to a flash drive and submit it where you actually have internet.

Wait, do we even need validations for things other then geekbench? I thought that screenshots did the trick.
That still requires paying for 3d06 and vantage though.

Wait, do we even need validations for things other then geekbench? I thought that screenshots did the trick.
That still requires paying for 3d06 and vantage though.

Apparently we have to use validations for 06 and vantage -.-

Well 06' validations don't require purchase, do they? I got the free downloaded version and I have to go online to get my score anyway isn't that what a validation is?

Not sure how vatage works, but I thought you could still validate it. I have a key for vantage, but 06' is just the free version for me.

Back