• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars 2011 - Quick Reference Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Once you buy the key and register Vantage; you won't have to register it again unless you format your HDD and have to reinstall from scratch.

There is zero need to purchase any license for 06 for FWs... The free version allows you to save your results to a file on your HDD, or a USB jumpdrive if you prefer. You can then go to a PC that has web access and also has 06 installed, fire up the program, right click on the main window and select "Submit Saved Score" from the menu... It will prompt you to select the file you had saved previously and once you hit OK, It will send it in to the ORB where you'll be able to get your validation URL.

I wanted to make sure that the $6.95 license for Vantage would allow saving your results file for later submission... So I go to the site and select what I thought was 3DMark Vantage from the drop down list, I get to the page and without even looking I click on "Get It" for the Basic License and go on my merry way to pay for it via PayPal... The whole process is done in 30 seconds and I get my key, so I fire up Vantage and enter the key to register it; only to get this:

"YOUR KEY IS INVALID"

Double checked the key, copied it from the confirmation page three times, pasted it three times and every time:

"YOUR KEY IS INVALID"

So I go back to the confirmation page and start reading more carefully; instead of just scrolling down to the part where the key is written and guess what?

I just bought a license for PCMark Vantage!!!... I swear to God; I should just take myself outside and throw myself a good beating!

I sent an email off to their sales contact to see if they'll exchange that key for one that I can use on 3DMark Vantage.

Will have to wait and see.

That is the point... I format my HDD's just about every time I do 2d... I try to do a format every time I change cards, or do every two sessions on 3d, so being able to register again is kind of important.

:rofl: @ Seba. Sorry, but that was funny! Maybe they'll get you a Vantage key, but I doubt they will since you can't prove you aren't keeping a copy of the PCMark Vantage key...

Chance, you can use the key as many times as you want, I've used my keys countless times.

@ Matt...

I'm almost sure that is what's going to happen, but I'll give them time to respond anyway. Nothing lost by waiting.

Maybe we should start a thread in the lounge or public section and see if people have extra Vantage keys. They come free with alot of vid cards. Anyone running sli probably has an extra.

:rofl: @ Seba. Sorry, but that was funny! Maybe they'll get you a Vantage key, but I doubt they will since you can't prove you aren't keeping a copy of the PCMark Vantage key...

Chance, you can use the key as many times as you want, I've used my keys countless times.

Welll... I got an email from Futuremark today and they DID switch my PCMark Vantage key to a 3DMark Vantage key... So I'm set with that part.
Remember kids... You only need a key for Vantage... The free version of 06 allows you to save your results file and submit at a later time.

Don't get to see if tweaking helped though, that's an issue for me, at least.

on our vantage and 3d06 runs, do we just need to send a link to the futuremark orb result, or do we need an ss to accompany it also

Miah, not sure if you're aware of this or not, but you have the i7's of E class slated for 4.6s wprime runs...on air...

Better get crackin then, eh? :rock:

That should be doable (barely, heh) for a halfway okish to decent D0.
Hell Geo got a C0 up to 4.3 or 4.4 or so for 3d01 on florida air.

Better get crackin then, eh? :rock:

That should be doable (barely, heh) for a halfway okish to decent D0.
Hell Geo got a C0 up to 4.3 or 4.4 or so for 3d01 on florida air.

You sure? The top 920 score on air is 4.8...and there's NO ONE with a 930 that's broken 4.6...I'm goin balls out on this 930 as soon as it's cold enough, but I don't know that the goal is achievable...if I have something realistic to shoot for I tend to do better (right now my goal is break 5s and take the top 930 score for air :))

Bob- I don't think he meant 4.6ghz, he meant 4.6 seconds for Wprime which takes over 5ghz on 8 threads.

Edit- OK you guys aren't talking about the same things! Bob's talking about clockspeed you're talking about time.

Back