• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN @ rogerdugans house.....yet again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pinky said:
Okay, I have all 3 games already (4 if you include Doom3). But... WTF is HL2: DM? My version of HL2 is only single player... ??????

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. Its a seperate game on the game's list, just like Half-Life: Source and the likes.

SolidxSnake said:
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. Its a seperate game on the game's list, just like Half-Life: Source and the likes.

you mean on the install DVD? I'll check that out...

**Just checked, has HL2, HL:S, and HL1. No mention of HL2: DM.

Nevermind, FINALLY figured out how to access the steam launch menu and was able to select it from there. It's downloading now...

Last edited:
Pinky said:
I'll kick your dad's arse for ya. ;) Sounds like he needs a good whooping!

wupass.jpg

:D

stompah said:
first off its stompah not Stompah, dammit!

Second why do I have to be put on the unable to attend list? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you guys hurt my feelings.

If I still lived in MA right now I would be prepping my gear for tommorrow. :**(

If you aren't here to make me change it, I'll write it anyway I want.
What are you gonna do about it?
:D

In all seriousness, I wish you COULD make it, my friend, and I am sure you know that.
All of us do- we miss you. :cry:

SxS- One of the few pieces of wisdom I have ever learned is this:
If it ain't fatal, it ain't that important.

Life goes on and we all (hopefully) have many interests and things to do in life.
For many, these forums- or any other- play a part for a short while and they move on, rarely to be seen. Nothing wrong with that, though they may be missed by those who remain.
For others of us, forums may play a pretty big part in our lives for a long time, but even then we often have periods of little online/forum presence.

Speaking as someone who has dealt with "anger management issues" in the past myself.......I know it ain't easy. ;)
A suggestion for use at times OTHER than when you blow up:
Start a blog or something- find some safe and non-damaging "place" to rant and rave.
I blow off huge amounts of emotional steam by ranting and raving frequently. This helps keep me from blowing up and acting in ways that could cause real problems. ;)

And on to a LAN update from ME-
My rigs are pretty much set with just a few loose ends to tidy up.
The house is...in need of finishing the clean-up/out. ;)

Those who are borrowing rigs from me:
I suggest bringing your own mouse/keyboard/headphones that you like- most of my spares suck. ;)
Fishy gets the best of the spares.

Don't forget power strips and cat5 cables!

rogerdugans said:
[snipped for allowance of emoticons]

Hehe, sadly I blew up in the wrong place. Never thought my dad would read the whole 9 pages of this thread :bang head :bang head

btw, i'll try to drop by today/tomorrow. I hope i can come tomorrow for like half an hour.

<3 friend's computers HAHA

Anyone comming from the NY *cough* diehard *cough* area, if you want to bring me some yuengling that would rule. Maybe just a 12pk of the lager in bottles if you can find it.

The lan is tommrow
/me runs off to play UT2K4 for hours to brush up.
Saddly, my water-cooling ssytem is going to be a little dry for a little longer. The backplate to my 6002 for socket 939 got backordered, causing me to call Swiftech, and to find out that the 6002 + socket 939 = bad combination due to the stepping on the block. So it looks like I'll be stuck with my stock retail socket 939 AMD cooler till I buy a swiftech storm.

Some bad news-
car trouble for diehrd. :(
Everyone cross your fingers that it is a relatively easy and cheap fix.
Last I heard he is hoping to still make it, but......

Keiron said:
The lan is tommrow
/me runs off to play UT2K4 for hours to brush up.
Saddly, my water-cooling ssytem is going to be a little dry for a little longer. The backplate to my 6002 for socket 939 got backordered, causing me to call Swiftech, and to find out that the 6002 + socket 939 = bad combination due to the stepping on the block. So it looks like I'll be stuck with my stock retail socket 939 AMD cooler till I buy a swiftech storm.

Both the flat and stepped block works fine on the A64. If you have the block, we can fashion an adaptor. I have done it before.

a64comp.JPG

I have the block, should I bring my entire setup? I havn't cut the hole (for the grill + radiator) in my Lian-Li yet, so to do the setup, I would have to do that (or someone with a better dremel hand could, I certionally woudn't mind a quality job over my usual lack of talent style).

Keiron said:
I have the block, should I bring my entire setup? I havn't cut the hole (for the grill + radiator) in my Lian-Li yet, so to do the setup, I would have to do that (or someone with a better dremel hand could, I certionally woudn't mind a quality job over my usual lack of talent style).

i know there are a bunch of people who can help you get set up ;)

crimedog said:
i know there are a bunch of people who can help you get set up ;)

Ditto, there will be some modding. We have a tradition of SOMEONE getting gear and working on it at the party... cough cough...

Compusa will be open pretty late tomorrow, eh? :D

I just tried Dino's house and there was no answer, so I guess diehrd's truck issues have been resolved and they're on their way...

I don't know....
Pinky gets upset when we start messing with hardware.

So bring it. ;)

If I'd known I would have borrowed a good holesaw from one of the guys I work with, but I am sure something can be done. :)

I am finally FINISHED with all my rigs:
Shooting for a new level of geekhood here-
6 linux gaming rigs running. :D
5 with Gentoo linux and one with Xandros.
All I need for them to all be up now is one of the power supplies I have coming here tomorrow.

Back