• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN @ rogerdugans house.....yet again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
donny_paycheck said:
I'll be there, and another vote for CS:S even though UT2K4 is the ****nit.

Well that makes 4 people for CS:S.

Maybe the other guys need to practice. Or we an just play 2 rooms, 2v2. :D

donny_paycheck added to the list. :)

New info:
I have found something that I think will make a good door prize, so there will be one lucky winner yet again. ;)
Don't ask what it is 'cause I ain't saying. ;)

Games Update:
I haven't messed with a thing at this point but there is bound to be discussion at fishy's upcoming LAN as many of the regulars will be there.

The List:
CS: Source - 4 votes
HL2:DM - 3 votes
UT GOTY/Original (same, right?) - 4 votes
Doom2 - 1 vote

SO far it looks like CS and Original UT are tied for inclusion as the last game, but plenty of time for more voting. :)

UT2K4 is the one and only complete, absolute, definitely included game for the LAN.

I think Doom3 is likely but we need to have it running for more players than the default; I can get it to SHOW that up to 32 players will be allowed, but until I actually try it with more than 4, I don't know if it will work or how well.
Doom3 could be replaced by something else if popular demand is there and /or it won't work right. (I think I may be able to get away with stealing a few minutes at fishy's LAN to test things in June. ;))

The third game is definitely open for discussion.

And I thought you got that gfx card because you are rich and have money to burn?
:D

Okay, i'll come if someone can lend me a spare PSU unless I get my FSP530-60GNA fixed. And if I get a ride from my cousin.

What bout a classic CS 1.5 setup for about 30minutes? I haven't played 1.5 in the longest time.

what bout even earlier verions?? BETA!!

SolidxSnake said:
What bout a classic CS 1.5 setup for about 30minutes? I haven't played 1.5 in the longest time.

what bout even earlier verions?? BETA!!

dude have you tried going back from source to 1.6/1.5? it looks like DOG DOO. plus you have to relearn the game... oh my. actually i thought the funniest thing about 1.5 after going back was that the guns look almost paper thin and the grenades don't get any smaller as they travel away from you.

i bought this card because it was a good deal, otherwise i'd still be using a 9800p :p

If we are going old school, we need to go back to 1.1. Anything else isn't worth playing aside from Source.

{PMS}fishy said:
If we are going old school, we need to go back to 1.1. Anything else isn't worth playing aside from Source.

heh, i am a fan of 1.6 > source. I can't stand playing on a damned GF2 =.(.

but deal, 1.1 lan here we come haha

SolidxSnake said:
heh, i am a fan of 1.6 > source. I can't stand playing on a damned GF2 =.(.

but deal, 1.1 lan here we come haha

So get a better video card.

The physical alone make it a better game. You can actually interact with the enviroment.

Plus the graphics, especially blood, make it much better.

{PMS}fishy said:
Ill play, we have to play CTF Facing Worlds if thats the case.
HELL yes. CTF_Face is THE UT map of ALL TIME.

I still have UT GOTYE here, and I am DEFINITELY down for some of that. One of my favorite twitch-n-frag games ever.

Edit: Wow I almost NEVER use so many CAPS in a POST

donny_paycheck said:
HELL yes. CTF_Face is THE UT map of ALL TIME.

I still have UT GOTYE here, and I am DEFINITELY down for some of that. One of my favorite twitch-n-frag games ever.

Edit: Wow I almost NEVER use so many CAPS in a POST

Yeah, you best be down for the next one.

We are having a great time at this one, and +2 new memebers.

Too bad you couldn't make it. Maybe stop down tommorrow. PM me for dirrections and a phine number.

{PMS}fishy said:
So get a better video card.

The physical alone make it a better game. You can actually interact with the enviroment.

Plus the graphics, especially blood, make it much better.

Damn, you make it seem like money grows outta my ***:D

I wish I could get a new video card. It still played like crap on my FX5600... Still, I can play on my GF2, just a tad choppy (the fact it runs 50fps lower than what I'm used to, 100 in CS1.6 and 40 in CS:S, just kinda makes a tad...)..

sometimes the FPS drops to like 15...

Someone who comes to the lan, PLEASE bring a spare vid card (9800p/5950XT+) for me to use, i swear i wont steal it :D

I have GOTY, but would prefer CS:S. Can't guarantee I'll practice, but I have some skills. UT2K4 is also a definite.

R3Dcoat said:
Wow! an actual LAN in my home town. I'd love to be able to come as long as its cool. First post by the way, so HI ALL!

Hi there :). Everyone's welcome! (so long as they're a registered member, which you are now)

Jolly good then, if you could put me on the maybe list that would be much appreciated. I just need to make sure that everything is free college-wise around then.

Back