• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help OCing Intel E8400 :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fritomaster

Registered
Intel Core 2 duo 8400 3.0 Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115037
750 watt PS

8 gigs of

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel
Capacity 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Speed DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)
Cas Latency 5
Timing 5-5-5-15
Voltage 2.0V - 2.1V
Heat Spreader Yes

And last but not least my mobo.
http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherboards/NVIDIA GeForceseries/NVIDIA GeForce® 9300.aspx

The problem is I can't get my cpu to overclock past 3.3.
If I go anyhigher it won't turn on untill i reset cmos.
Can anyone help me?

Since that board has no voltage options in the BIOS (DRAM, NB, and VTT FSB voltages are listed, but can't be changed), and only a limited number of overclocking options in general, I wouldn't expect too much out of it. Post all of your current settings...
Code:
System Clock Mode:
Adjust CPU FSB Frequency (MHz):
Ratio CMOS Setting:
Adjusted CPU Frequency (MHz):

FSB/DRAM Ratio:
Adjusted DRAM Frequency (MHz):

Since that board has no voltage options in the BIOS (DRAM, NB, and VTT FSB voltages are listed, but can't be changed), and only a limited number of overclocking options in general, I wouldn't expect too much out of it. Post all of your current settings...
Code:
System Clock Mode:
Adjust CPU FSB Frequency (MHz):
Ratio CMOS Setting:
Adjusted CPU Frequency (MHz):

FSB/DRAM Ratio:
Adjusted DRAM Frequency (MHz):

Actually u can change voltage.
Ram timings and like 9 other things.

System Clock Mode:
Adjust CPU FSB Frequency (MHz):1466
Ratio CMOS Setting: unlinked?
Adjusted CPU Frequency (MHz):366.7 x9

FSB/DRAM Ratio:
Adjusted DRAM Frequency (MHz):800

Post all of the available overclocking related BIOS options that you have the ability to change, including what they're currently set to, and what they're curently at in Windows. You can use programs like HWMonitor, CPU-Z, RealTemp, CoreTemp, etc. to read RAM timings, voltages (vNB / vMCH, Vcore, Vdimm, etc.), NB strap, etc.

DRAM Frequency 400mhz
FSB:DRAM 11:12
CAS# latency 5.0
RAS# to CAS# Delay 5clocks
RAS#Precharge 5 clocks
Cycle Time 15 clocks
Bank Cycle Time 24 Clocks
Command Rate 2T

CPU
My Core Voltage 1.104 V

I have this CPU and considering getting a O/Cable microATX MB, any suggestions from the experts?

thanks,

gychang

Gychang, you'd be best off starting your own thread in the Intel CPU or Intel MB forum! Just click one of those links to start your thread. Posts in old threads like this one often go overlooked - make a good title for your own thread and you are likely to get good answers!

Back