• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock help FX6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
get your motherboard manual and have it handy, it tells you how to clear the cmos.
follow it in DETAIL if you have to reset it.
do you hear "post beeps when you boot up?

get your motherboard manual and have it handy, it tells you how to clear the cmos.
follow it in DETAIL.
do you hear "post beeps when you boot up?

Well thats at my other house. One sec I know where i can grab the online manual.

And yes. One short beep which i remember means everything is as it should be

Online PDF grabbed and moved to android.

ok, the basics of rescue, if your manual is on the crashed computer it's of NO value.
if you crash and the machine will post but windows will not start, reset bios to default and restart.
if you crash the machine and it will not "post" reset the cmos.

bsod three times and you get to reinstall widows, not from a back up but from the install cd.

ok, the basics of rescue, if your manual is on the crashed computer it's of NO value.
if you crash and the machine will post but windows will not start, reset bios to default and restart.
if you crash the machine and it will not "post" reset the cmos.

bsod three times and you get to reinstall widows, not from a back up but from the install cd.

yeah thats why i moved it over to my smart phone. And you make it sound like you're about to do something thatll blow this thing up haha

ok, open hardware monitor, open aquamark, and click start, let it run, it's short.
when it's done, click open cpuz and gpuz, it opens these automagicly, take a snip. close aquamark, post the snip.

Oh i see. On this board the "MemOK!" buttom is the cmos reset.... seems simple enough

and starting now

tonight do a search (top right of this page) for my thread called "the bone pile" and then you'll see.

see section 2.2.5, page 2-18 of your manual.

were good with the cpu,plenty of room.
you need to look at your sli setup, one card is doing all the work and one is lazier than i am, do that another day.
time for fsb clocking, do you know what the fsb is and where it is in your bios?

Last edited:
ive been noticing a slight drop off in performance a few months ago... guess thats what its been... christ..

Im familiar with the term, more than likely seen it, opening the manual.

in the bios-ai tweaker, the 5th listing from the top.
cpu bus/peg frequency it is now at 200.
raise it to 205, then see what the memory frequency, cpu/nb frequency, ht link speed change to, these are just below the fsb.
look at the top of the listing and see what happens to target cpu speed. save and restart and rerun the aqumark bench mark and post the snip.

run it and post it

your cards are at stock, it may be normal, it's just lower than my single 7770

ok, we are now fully overclocked.
in aquamark, look at the cpu score 23284/23382, it improved.
lower the cpu clock .5 then raise the target cpu speed to 4.6 with the fsb and run it and post it. do this till it crashes then back the fsb back 2.
I will look in tuesday, good night.

Back