• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM sticks that do 220+ FSB so they can be used with locked Bartons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I sure hope you guys get a better chipset come next year because im almost convinced nvidia is done expanding the socket A capabilities.

I know for sure they are worried more about the K8 platform since thats what amd's main focus is anyway.

But other than that the locked chips created a dead-end for the platform as far as overclocking goes :(.

I have :

Buffalo 2 x 512MB PC3200 (CH-5) that dose 220MHz @ 2,3,3,11 @ 2.8volts

Abit NF7-S v2.0

XP 2500+ locked

I'm very impressed with the buffalo ram!! It only cost me $73 a stick :D :D :D :D

Cuda said:
I am using Buffalo pc3200 with winbond ch5 chips. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, but I cannot break 205 stable.

I have the same ram - Bufallo PC3200 with CH5 chips and I can run 222fsb perfectly fine. I have a heat spreader on there (who knows if it works).

My Pair of Corsair PC3500 C2PT sticks has no problems running at 11-2-2-2 @ 22FSB. Will even go up over 240FSB w/out any problems.

I just got done with some more extensive testing of my Buffalo PC3200 512mb stick. She seems to be good to about 222mhz with 2.8v in BIOS and 2-3-2-5 timings. If I use 2.5-3-3-7 timings, it'll go to 230. This is on an i845PE board. I have yet to test those settings on an AMD rig. I have to do a bit more testing on my Corsair stick and my two Buffalo 256mb sticks before I get around to that.

Back