• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here we go with performance driver settings and tweaked gpu memory timings...... Not bad for a $220 card. :D

Attachments

• X800GTO2-11.JPG
    X800GTO2-11.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 780
Z YA LTR said:
Mine will be here tomorrow. Cant wait. I will h2o-ing mine though.

--Josh
then you should be able to go even higher.....

This is my best Aquamark3 ever and I can still go another 100MHz on my San Diego......

Attachments

• X800GTO2-12.JPG
    X800GTO2-12.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 768
This is my best 3DMark03 run ever.......

Attachments

• X800GTO2-14.JPG
    X800GTO2-14.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 756
These scores are very nice. I'm so tempted to pick one up myself it's not even funny. I heard that Newegg was out of stock again?

deception``

deception`` said:
These scores are very nice. I'm so tempted to pick one up myself it's not even funny. I heard that Newegg was out of stock again?

deception``
The sold them out then they got them back and raised the price $10

Sentential said:
Congrats :) I think that might be a record for GTOs am I correct?
dunno as the ORB doesn't really recognize my card yet... I don't think it would be fair to compare this card against a regular GTO. Basically I think of this as a weak cored X850XT.

I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these now, thanks for the thread Houserat. The only thing that's stopping me are Sent's scores.

Sent's X800 Pro scores about the same as your X800GTO2. The X800 Pro goes for $170 as an ATI refurb and the GTO2 goes for $200. How's it possible that with 12 pipes that Sent is getting the same score in 05 and higher in 03?

I am thinking theres something wrong with the x800gto2 theres a reason why they were binned as 12 pipes and clocked down. I say they are failed x850xt's in clocks and/or pipes and they perform pretty weak too. There is a catch why its so cheap, you get what you pay for. That x800pro looks mighty tempting as my next card when I go pci-e, I want at least 14k in 2003(cpu wont really matter) and near 6.5k in 2005(gpu limited) I know my cpu will be alot faster but those are gpu benchies. I am not impressed with anything else except my 9700 but its agp and I dont know if socket m2 mobos will have an agp verson :(

Overclocker550 said:
I am thinking theres something wrong with the x800gto2 theres a reason why they were binned as 12 pipes and clocked down. I say they are failed x850xt's in clocks and/or pipes and they perform pretty weak too. There is a catch why its so cheap, you get what you pay for. That x800pro looks mighty tempting as my next card when I go pci-e, I want at least 14k in 2003(cpu wont really matter) and near 6.5k in 2005(gpu limited) I know my cpu will be alot faster but those are gpu benchies. I am not impressed with anything else except my 9700 but its agp and I dont know if socket m2 mobos will have an agp verson :(
I wish you the best with your "next" card..... hope it goes as well as your Venice adventure. :p But why upgrade? You must have the best 9700 in the history of personal computing. Almost makes me wonder why ATI continues to make new cards considering how awesome your 9700 is. If you took the time to read my thread you'll see I've already said much of what you just stated about this lowly GTO2.:-/

I seriously doubt you'll see any of these scale up to 550-600Mhz on the core as is. I'm interested in seeing how these things do with voltmods and extreme cooling. Let's also keep this in perspective.... my card is a less than a day old.... how about we give it some time before we render this a failed project?

Overclocker550 said:

There have already in this thread been people that have done better than those numbers... This GTO2 seems like the next thing that will spur a lot of discussion in the OC community. Every card is clocked down to guarantee stability for the non-power user that was lucky to possess the knowledge to install the card or turn on a computer. Even at 12 pipes its a good card but being able to be unlocked to 16...come on that is just sweet. Don't look into things too deep...there isnt a conspiracy theory going on.

These cards are cheap, are unlockable to 16 pipes, can be reflashed to x850 xt, and have great potential. IF ya dont like the results your seeing then just go elsewhere man. There are so many cards on the market, but good luck with that 9700 you got directly from god. :beer:

Also, what aftermarket vga coolers are you guys using on these cards. Just looking at the back of this thing looks kinda Borgish. Do the Zalmans actually fit?

Last edited:
the way I put it, its like an x800xl except the x800xl has 16 pipes from the go. Neither overclock very well. I do have a very, very good 9700 but its not gonna touch any x800s in 3dmark 2003 nor 2005 but I dont care for either of those

Well different strokes for different folks :D. We'll just have to see how it goes anyway if this is good for the long term. Either way, gonna need to some more long term results regarding this card.

"I am thinking theres something wrong with the x800gto2 theres a reason why they were binned as 12 pipes and clocked down. I say they are failed x850xt's in clocks and/or pipes and they perform pretty weak too. There is a catch why its so cheap, you get what you pay for. That x800pro looks mighty tempting as my next card when I go pci-e, I want at least 14k in 2003(cpu wont really matter) and near 6.5k in 2005(gpu limited) I know my cpu will be alot faster but those are gpu benchies. I am not impressed with anything else except my 9700 but its agp and I dont know if socket m2 mobos will have an agp verson
"

so what if it's a weak core. it still scores 6.6k in 05, when oced and flashed. if im not mistaken thats better then most xtpe's at stock!

Overclocker550 said:
the way I put it, its like an x800xl except the x800xl has 16 pipes from the go. Neither overclock very well. I do have a very, very good 9700 but its not gonna touch any x800s in 3dmark 2003 nor 2005 but I dont care for either of those
Interesting you would make such a statement when you have neither card and I have both. And in regards to neither overclocking well...... I guess that's just you being you...... the GTO2 card is defaulted at 400Mhz.... and I can run it at 530Mhz..... I guess only in your happy world that's not a good overclock? As always your wisdom is appreciated.;)

So what I'm getting is that the X800GTO2 has a 100% unlock rate so far?! That makes this a better deal than going AGP 6800nu. Is this a correct assumption?

cooper15 said:
yes and after you do unlock you got a better card then the 6800 ultra
That might be a little generous..... It's a good card but regarding performance it's somewhere between a X850XT and a X850XTPE..... Darn good card for $220 shipped. I consider this a very good cheap solution.... equal to or maybe slightly better than the refurb x800pro cards you can get from ATI right now. Keep in mind this is merely a aircooled testing session on a non voltmodded card...... we might find that in the hands of someone like tronik or zork these cards have a lot of untapped potential. Tronik is already getting one and will probably voltmod it.... I'm very interested in the turnout.

Back