• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thiddy needs a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i hear you, well i will be watching for sure, summer is comeing, and id like to give this thing some fresh paint too.

Heya, the stacker is nice, but you might want to give this a look before deciding: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163057

Probably the best looking case available today. Has plenty of quiet fans, active cooling over the hard drives, will hold 2 PSUs, well, just take a look. It's a work of art.

There's also a window version for 10 bucks more: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163068
It is also 300 bucks ;). I like the 830 better :shrug:

Have you looked at the Silverstone TJ10 ESA?

I just put together a dream system with this case...awesome wire management job buy my builder. I'll have some pics in a few days, system is still on the bench as the RAM is giving us issues with the ASUS 790i.

Here's some pics of it used in a Maingear system.

big_rig5.jpg

big_frontfan.jpg

big_drives.jpg

Not bad, but I bet that is well over 300 for the case ;)

I see you are considering the Stacker 830, and that's what I would recommend. I've probably owned 10 different cases since I've been into the whole PC building thing, and this is, by far, the best case I've ever used. It's nice looking, has TONS of room, great cooling, pretty much everything I could ever want in a case. The only thing I can think of to complain about is it can be a little loud, since the sides are mesh. But, I have all my fans running through a fan controller, so they can be turned down when I'm not gaming/benching/whatever. Oh, and the side panels are a little difficult to put on/take off at first, but once you get the hang of it, it will not be an issue.

I see you are considering the Stacker 830, and that's what I would recommend. I've probably owned 10 different cases since I've been into the whole PC building thing, and this is, by far, the best case I've ever used. It's nice looking, has TONS of room, great cooling, pretty much everything I could ever want in a case. The only thing I can think of to complain about is it can be a little loud, since the sides are mesh. But, I have all my fans running through a fan controller, so they can be turned down when I'm not gaming/benching/whatever. Oh, and the side panels are a little difficult to put on/take off at first, but once you get the hang of it, it will not be an issue.
Mesh won't be a problem, any "fan grills" are immediately getting removed :)

Restrict airflow will you!?!??! I THINK NOT!! *grabs dremel*

*whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

I'm waiting....

you like.. i guaruntee. i wish i had room on this one to add a second 120 in the back.. i just mounted a couple of 80mms in the spare psu area useing the adapter

Thiddy, if you think 3d aurora is not bad, get the 3d aurora 570. Its what I have, its HUGE! Has great airflow, 5 drive slots with holes for airflow and easy tool-less installs, is 10% bigger than regular aurora, and good stock fans. Go for it man.

DSCN23940004.jpg

Ill get you pics of my setup later.

Well, I was just thinking of switching over to a tech station instead of a case, but there seem to be none with enough HDD racks/rails. I don't have the time to fabricate one or I'd be ditching my Antec900. :)

It took me forever to decide, finally bit the bullet on the Silverstone TJ10...Just wait I should have it next week..I'll post pics, It's pretty impressive IMO
I'm sure the case is nice, but it is irrelevant since that case is over my 300 "limit" that I set in place for myself. ;)

My next question is...buy from NewEgg or get it refurbed for half the price?

refurbed, I just ordered the refurb 830 should be here in a week.
That would be awesome if you could tell me anything you find wrong with it. I don't want to get one where someone stripped all the holes >.>

Scratches are no problem, it is getting painted.

That would be awesome if you could tell me anything you find wrong with it. I don't want to get one where someone stripped all the holes >.>

Scratches are no problem, it is getting painted.

As soon as it comes I will post whats wrong with it if anything is, cant take pics though i dont have a camera.

As soon as it comes I will post whats wrong with it if anything is, cant take pics though i dont have a camera.
Put your monitor really close. I might have to squint, but whatever works.

ha this is an easy one :p

Lian Li V2000B plus 2

You want to talk about room and airflow... look at my setup... Scythe kama bay in the bottom 3 of 7 cd drive bays feeding cool air along the partition to my ultra 120 then out the back... Gfx card get cool air pulled in the back uncovered pci slots and out the side exaust. The inside of the case at the top is never more than 3-4*F above ambient.

OH ya and room... i store 4 hds in the bottom that i dont use, also have a small cardboard box with parts screws and tools down there 2, while having my 2 hds suspended with stretch magic (ima quiet freak, i really hate hd noise)

These pics are of my case... my fan controler with 4 temp probes (ambient case temp, hd temp, chipset temp, cpu IHS temp) 4 fan channels with 6 fans (front kama bay, front lower, cpu/rear exaust, side/gpu fan), a floppy drive, dvd drive and 2 hds.... (not pictured is my 8800gts and X-FI... but there is room nuf in this case for all of what i have in it plus an EATX mobo, and 2 nvidia quadro 5600's... 5600's are 1.5inches longer than the 8800ultra.

Front
P9050116.JPG

Upper inside
P9050129.JPG

Upper chamber back side
P9050130.JPG

Lower area ... room for 12 hds.
P9050131.JPG

Fan controler
P3020075.JPG

OH ya and if you get a case like this... it has dark corners where stuff hides... namely dark colored cellphones.... spent a good 6 hrs one day looking for my lost cellphone and come to find out its in my case :p

Back