• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mokerlink 2G08110GSM 8 x 2.5Gbps copper 10Gbps sfp+ Uplink Managed Network Switch.

Pros:
Nice easy interface. Just under $80 from ebay.
Easily Integrates into existing network at very low price.
Gets the job done at very low compact price.

Cons:
Has port trunking/lagg without any bonding options.
No IPv6 Support.
Desktop form factor
Not POe

So I started thinking about getting a dashcam a while ago when I witnessed what was essentially a hit and run where no one got the plate of the guy that took off. Finally decided to jump on one when I had a *real* close call on the way to work yesterday - driver was distracted and made an unsignalled lane change right in front of me at highway speeds. Side note - Virginians, use yo damn turn signals. You're not all driving BMWs.

I checked a few lists at work, the Garmin Mini 2 popped up on several for its affordability and small size. Came in earlier this morning. Also grabbed a 64gb Sandisk Max Endurance mSD that's still in transit.

IMG_20240203_083146250.jpg

Edit: Got the mSD card

IMG_20240203_180035763.jpg

Last edited:
I should've paid attention got 1 of those cooler drives that can do under the shroud. Definetly didn't think it would be this difficult getting the backup image opened up on her.

It's a pcie 5.0 drive. Many tend to throttle under sustained transfers and need adequate cooling.

I'd keep an eye on it. The taichi Carrera's pcie 5.0 slot is under a simple plate without a lot of surface area. Using the included one is ideal. :)

I forgot to take pics. Got a 2 TB M.2 to fill the extra slot in my Legion Gaming laptop for 3 TB total. Got a Qi charger that also charges the Pixel watch and Buds.

I purchased one of these from S_I_N a few years ago and for whatever reason he shipped parcel post and I never got it. I did get a refund, but the box fell into the black abyss that is the postal system :rolleyes: . To this day it has never been found. Finally got another one and this time it arrived safe :cool: Now to get an AM5 mounting kit. You know me, go big or go home! 20240206_164052.jpg

Just picked up an open box Gigabyte RTX 4070 Ti Super Gaming OC 16GB for $672 plus tax or $720 all in at Best Buy. It was $850 so I was surprised they discounted it down to $672 in the retail box. Appears brand new, all accessories are included in the box

Gigabyte RTX 4070 Ti Super.jpg

Just installed it and did a quick test with 3DMark Time Spy and it works perfectly. Very quiet, no coil whine, here's the result.

3DMark-Time Spy-24126-25236-19314-13700K-DDR5-6000-RTX4070TiSuper-Win 11.jpg

I was browsing available RTX4070 Super, RTX4070Ti Super, RX7800XT, and RTX7900XTX options today. Somehow, I can't find anything that I would like, and that would be available at a reasonable price. Somehow, all those promos and price drops are skipping most of the EU, or we see them with huge delays.

I was browsing available RTX4070 Super, RTX4070Ti Super, RX7800XT, and RTX7900XTX options today. Somehow, I can't find anything that I would like, and that would be available at a reasonable price. Somehow, all those promos and price drops are skipping most of the EU, or we see them with huge delays.
I also had an open box PowerColor RX 7800 XT in my cart for $402 on Amazon but let it go. It was labeled as "Acceptable" condition while the 4070 Ti Super at Best Buy was labeled "Excellent" which it certainly was. Plus I could just get in my Jeep and drive to Best Buy to pick it up instead of waiting 4 days for Amazon to ship it.

I like the look of the ASUS Pro Art series, but it's unavailable anywhere in my local stores. On the other hand, it's unnecessarily large. I'm also still not convinced of Nvidia power connectors. Prices are also stupid. RTX4070 Super would be fast enough, but it's expensive, and if I spend so much money, then why not get RTX4070 Ti Super? RX7900XTX costs about the same as RTX4070Ti Super in my local stores, and sometimes even less.

I also had an open box PowerColor RX 7800 XT in my cart for $402 on Amazon but let it go. It was labeled as "Acceptable" condition while the 4070 Ti Super at Best Buy was labeled "Excellent" which it certainly was. Plus I could just get in my Jeep and drive to Best Buy to pick it up instead of waiting 4 days for Amazon to ship it.
Yeah I have a BB about 20min away so I can always drive there and snag a deal too.

Not major so I didn't get a pic, but got a polarizing filter for that Garmin dash cam. Took a few pictures and vids, it's a little glare-y at night. Hoping the filter helps.

I bought a new phone 5yrs earlier than planned. I got this P8 Pro in the 256Gb version. Meh. 8pro.jpg

Not major so I didn't get a pic, but got a polarizing filter for that Garmin dash cam. Took a few pictures and vids, it's a little glare-y at night. Hoping the filter helps.
that polarizing filter on my Vantrue dashcam has made a huge difference. before, there were reflections of EVERYTHING on the windshield in the videos. afterward, those reflections disappeared and the picture is so much better because of it. I drive a lot at night, too.

that polarizing filter on my Vantrue dashcam has made a huge difference. before, there were reflections of EVERYTHING on the windshield in the videos. afterward, those reflections disappeared and the picture is so much better because of it. I drive a lot at night, too.
Good to hear, thanks. I'm in that valley of knowledge with photography where I know just enough to know I know nothing, nice to know it helps.

Back