• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is the SFX-L size, so it is a bit larger than the SFX. I'm surprised that Corsair isn't refreshing the SFX series but is releasing SFX-L. The SF450 and SF600 PSUs seem to be discontinued (still listed, but many stores marked them as discontinued/unavailable), so the only SFX is the SF750. All those small Corsair PSUs are great, quiet, efficient, and simply small. I usually install SFX PSUs in larger ATX cases because it's easier for the cable management, and they save space that I can use for some custom wc components or something else. I'm using typical ATX-size PSUs almost only when I need 1kW+.

Good quality SFX with longer cables (good for ATX PC in a large case) is FSP Dagger Pro 850W. I tested the older version and the latest ATX3.0/PCIe 5.0, and both are about the same (even using the same fan). I was using the earlier version on the test bench for 2 years+ with 250W TDP CPUs and graphics cards like RTX4080. No problems at all. FSP full ATX PSUs are great too. The same DeepCool Gold/Platinum series. Worse is that I almost only test/use the Gold/Platinum series, so I can't say much about the budget series of any PSU brand.

Btw. a replacement for the 3D test rig. I only checked that it works. No time to set everything.

DeepCool_PX1300P_pht28.jpg

DeepCool_PX1300P_pht16.jpg

Last edited:
Wire Extension Kit
24 Pin MB Connector
8 Pin EPS CPU/MB Connector
2 x 8 Pin PCIe Connector

This is another Ebay Purchase at $21.09

Wire kit included with the Corsair PSU does not reach the 24 pin MB header in a 19" x 19" 2U Chassis

Attachments

• 20240304_162342-1.jpg
    20240304_162342-1.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 4
I got my third AMS for my Bambu Lab X1 Carbon Friday. And, like rainless, I got angry...because it arrived DOA. No matter which slot I try to load filament from, it makes it to the 4-into-1 hub then jams because the electronic control of the lever below does not work. Not happy.

GRRRRR.jpg

XFX 6800GT which was poorly packaged and broke a cap off, and an XFX 6800XT which had a stuck fan I'm trying to resuscitate. Broke some plastic on the fan hub so wish me luck.

Attachments

• IMG_5327.jpeg
    IMG_5327.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
OK, this is a rage post about a rage purchase.

My buy?

IMG_20240307_210145066_HDR.jpg

Ok, the pros. A coworker got this kit, it's a very solid one. At $30 locally at HD it'll beat any "precision kit" you get at your local PC shop.

The downside? The only reason I got it was last time I had my car in the shop, they replaced the phillips screws on my license plate with Allan security screws.

And I impulse grabbed this kit.

IT'S TOO DANG SMALL!

It's a petty, small time rage, but I'm yelling at the void here.

Back