With the impending release of Nvidia’s latest video cards, Alphacool has released a water block designed to fit on various models of RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 graphics cards. The new block focused on performance improvements reducing the thermal pads to 1 mm and the nickel-plated copper block was made thinner (down to 5.5 mm from 7 mm). Water flow was also said to be improved.
On the design front, the Eisblock Aurora Plex GPX-N brings the embedded RGB LED lighting more to the foreground. This and other design changes are said to result in better light scattering in the water because of the reflections of the changed design.
The Eisblock Aurora Plex GPX-N is available now priced at 119.99€ (~$143.00 USD). Below you’ll find the Alphacool Press Release.
Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Plexi GPX-N RTX 3080/3090Alphacool presents the Eisblock Aurora Plexi GPX-N cooler for reference design Nvidia RTX 3080 and 3090 graphics cards. The cooler offers outstanding cooling performance thanks to its full cover design. The new backplate, which is delivered together with the cooler, also contributes to this. This stabilizes the graphics card and ensures an even contact along the whole cooler. The water block cold plate is made of nickel-plated copper. The cooler covers all relevant components such as voltage converters and the graphics memory.
The Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Aurora Plexi has an LED strip across the entire width with addressable 5V digital RGB LEDs. These illuminate the entire cooler homogeneously and ensures an outstanding ambience in the PC housing.
ATTENTION: The following models were visually checked for compatibility. Please note that this list may change at short notice.
More compatible models will follow in this list for this cooler. We are currently checking other PCB designs from various manufacturers!
- Zotac GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity (ZT-A30800D-10P)
- PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB 10240 MB GDDR6X (VCG308010TFXMPB)
- PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB 10240 MB GDDR6X (VCG308010TFXPPB)
- Inno3D GeForce RTX 3080 iChill X4 10240 MB GDDR6X (C30804-106XX-1810VA36)
- Inno3D GeForce RTX 3080 Twin X2 OC 10240 MB GDDR6X (N30802-106XX-1810VA34)
- Inno3D GeForce RTX 3080 iChill X3 10240 MB GDDR6X (C30803-106XX-1810VA37)
- Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 GamingPro (NED30800191A-132AA)
- Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 GamingPro OC (NED3080S191A-132AA)
- Galax GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB GDDR6X 320-bit DP*3/HDMI (38NWM3MD99NN)
- KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB GDDR6X 320-bit DP*3/HDMI (38NWM3MD99NK)
- Gainward RTX 3080 Phoenix
- Gainward RTX 3080 Phoenix GS
- PNY GeForce RTX 3090 XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB, 24576 MB GDDR6X (VCG309024TFXPPB)
- Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 iChill X3, 24576 MB GDDR6X (C30903-246XX-1880VA37)
- Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X3, 24576 MB GDDR6X (N30903-246X-1880VA37N)
- Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 iChill X4, 24576 MB GDDR6X (C30904-246XX-1880VA36)
- Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity, 24576 MB GDDR6X (ZT-A30900D-10P)
- Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 GamingPro (NED3090019SB-132BA)
- Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 GamingPro OC (NED3090S19SB-132BA)
- Galax GeForce RTX 3090 SG 24GB GDDR6X 320-bit DP*3/HDMI/ (39NSM5MD1GNA)
- KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 24GB GDDR6X 320-bit DP*3/HDMI/
- Gainward RTX 3090 Phoenix
- Gainward RTX 3090 Phoenix GS
Shop Link: https://214743.seu2.cleverreach.com/c/51031976/f51cca188c9-qgpa6p
Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Plexi GPX-N RTX 3080/3090 Specifications L x W x H 224.9 x 121.4 x 25.5 mm Material Cooler Bottom Nickle plated copper Material Cooler Top POM clear Connections 4x G1/4″ Thickness (Cooling Fins) 0.6 mm Illumination / Connection / Current Digital RGB LEDs / 3-Pin JST / 5V Price 119.99€ (~$143.00 USD) Data Backplate L x W x H 224.9 x 121.4 x 25.5 mm Material Aluminum Color Black
- Nvidia Ampere: RTX 3070, 3080, and 3090 – What we Know
- MSI Announces Two Custom SKUs for RTX 30 Series Graphics Cards
- Alphacool Releases Leak Testing Tool
~Joe Shields (Earthdog)