Table of Contents
AMD announced the availability of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 driver corresponding with the release of the new Star Wars: Squadron game. Along with day 0 game support, new Vulkan extensions have been added. Most importantly, several issues have been fixed. Read the release notes and find the download links below.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Highlights
- STAR WARS™: Squadrons
Added Vulkan™ Support
- This extension is used to query the device address of a buffer to allow for shader access to that buffer’s storage via the SPV_KHR_physical_storage_buffer SPIRV extension.
- This extension provides stricter restrictions for handling reads and writes that are out of bounds. It specifies that out-of-bounds reads must return zeros and out-of-bounds writes must be discarded. This extension also adds support for null descriptors.
- This extension extends existing 64-bit integer atomic support to images, which provides more efficient access than buffers. This allows applications to quickly improve their performance with minor changes to their code.
- Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable after updating Radeon Software without a system reboot.
- Screen flickering may be observed while MSI Afterburner™ is running or enabled on the system.
- X-Plane 11™ may experience an application hang or crash when using the Vulkan® API.
- DOOM™ VFR may experience corruption or artifacting in game on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations.
- Performance metrics overlay may fail to open or appear after the system wakes from sleep.
- Call of Duty®: WWII may experience black textures on the ground or walls in zombies game mode.
- Blocky corruption may be observed in Detroit: Become Human™ on some Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Using the Movies&TV application to edit video clips may result in green corruption in the clips.
- Performance metrics may report incorrect values for current VRAM usage after an extended period of gameplay.
- With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
- World of Warcraft™ may experience corruption issues with anti-aliasing enabled on DirectX®12 API.
- Launching Radeon Software after a driver upgrade, may cause the Auto OC dialogue to appear with “0 Mhz” when the Auto OC feature has been previously enabled on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Driver Version 20.20.31.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.12031.1000)
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.9.2.
Joe Shields (Earthdog)