Table of Contents
AMD has recently released the Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1 GPU driver. This update includes support for Marvel’s Spider-man Remastered, Thymesia, and Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading for Halo Infinite. Improvements to the Enhanced Sync are also said to provide better system stability. Several bug fixes are also included with this update. For a complete compatibility list and download link please read AMD’s press release below.
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1 Update
- Support for:
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered™
- Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading for Halo Infinite™
- Enhanced Sync improvements have been introduced in the latest version of AMD Software to provide further stability, and a better overall experience with your AMD PC.
- Display may flicker black when switching between video playback and gameplay windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Video output will freeze in Project Zomboid™.
- Games based on LOVE2D™ engine may be rendered incorrectly.
- Stormworks: Build and Rescue™ crashes during start up.
- Mixed Reality Headsets may flicker black or experience jitter during movement with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a system crash during gameplay with video playback on extended monitors.
- Stuttering may be experienced while playing Call of Duty®: Warzone™ on the Caldera map with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Some stuttering may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with DirectX® 11 API when game is first launched on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6950 XT.
- Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
- While playing Lost Ark™, flickering may be intermittently experienced after changing displaying settings or checking character info with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics.
- Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- VCE presets may be in mixing in VEGAS Pro™ with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
- DaVinci Resolve™ Studio 17 may crash using AMD encoder on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
- The latest AMD LINK Client for Windows can be downloaded through the Microsoft® App Store.
- Hybrid graphics support for Radeon™ Super Resolution is compatible with Radeon™ RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processor notebooks.
- HDR is no longer compatible with 10-Bit Pixel Format. For the best user experience with HDR displays, it is recommended to disable 10-Bit Pixel Format in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Graphics Settings.
Radeon Product Compatibility
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700/6600/6500/6400 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics Radeon™ VII Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6500M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6300M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows 11 version 21H2
- Windows 10 64-bit version 1809 and later