• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII October: y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BTW did anyone keep an eye on the whole jayztwocents and GN where the two were competing against each other? I loved hard when I saw der8aurs response video popup in my sub feed.

@EarthDog can I get example of the UTF-16 username I.D. file that would be Acceptable for this bench by Hwbot.

username: Garnerl52

Thank you sir.

Finally got it. No spaces!!!!

Last edited:
Awesome idea, I have never used this bench before so it was a nice learning opportunity. This is one brutal bench...WOW If you want to shave some time (about a second for me) just change the priority of the binary to realtime.

mllrkllr88 / i9 7940x / Custom Water / 19.655 Seconds

ycruncher.png

Johan45/ Ryzen 2600/ AIO/ 92.036s

Quick run on the HTPC

image_id_2073428.png

Nice to see you found your way here mllrkllr

caddi daddi| amd A-8-6600K| air| 449.847

faster ram but had to reduce the clocks because I'm running the stock cooler

449 847.JPG

Johan45/ Ryzen 2600/ AIO/ 92.036s

Quick run on the HTPC

I saw that on hwbot when I did my submission... I was like, where do I find 2 seconds from? I could try to push cores some more but I'm not sure that'll get around my slower ram... unless I want to try a ram OC...

The speed/quantity could have a bit to do with it. Mystical said it was quite RAM sensitive. This is my 24/7 machine no real tweaks. Probably just rebooted to diagnostic mode to cut down background noise.

Quantity should be ok as long as I have enough, although needing ~5GB on an 8GB system doesn't leave much headroom. As for speed, I knew that was a factor (2nd post in thread). I'll get my B-die out later. I know I've taken that to 3866 on Intel with slack timings, but Ryzen ram OC will be new to me...

Maybe I should just blow some cash on fast ram for benching as it is contributing to me not quite keeping up in various cases.

Last edited:
For this bench you need some stability so getting 34-3600 on Ryzen will probably be the max. I bench a 3600 most of the time on the new AM4 but tried a few runs for the TC with a 2400G and it's definitely not as friendly as second gen Ryzen. Had to drop to 3466 to make it through

Just had a look around online. Ram rated around 4000+ is CL19 so hardly much different from my B-die oc of 3866C18 from memory... or was it C17? If overclocking was easy it wouldn't be fun :)

Edit: found it in another thread, it was 3866 17-17-17-38 1.35v, IO 1.10v, SA 1.20v to save myself looking it up again later.

The easiest RAM I have found to work with the Ryzen is the G.Skill FlareX 3200.

Nice to see you found your way here mllrkllr
Who left the damn door open this time? :D Welcome mllrkllr :thup:

And Mackerel if you're going to get serious about benching you're going to need at least one good set of sticks.

Hopefully one day I'll get a chance to push some hardware, hard again.

I looked at high speed ram, and once you get to 4000+ they're C19. Back to my B-die on Ryzen, in some testing I've got it going apparently stably at 3400C16 but that isn't enough to beat J45's y-cruncher time. 3466C18 was also tested but not stable. I have some more ideas on ram timing tweaks, especially working down the latency, but it'll take some time to do.

Back