• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII October: y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
caddi daddi| 8086k| water| 59.343

man, lots of avx.

Attachments

• 59.343.JPG
    59.343.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 320
Same here. Image size native is 617x387. Not sure why that appears to be downsized...

EDIT: It also appears that he is running W10 and that HPET timer wasn't enabled so that isn't a legit run...notice how the clock field is populated and the status isn't OK?

Last edited:
caddi daddi| 8086k| water| 59.343

man, lots of avx.

Yeah C_D it looks like that run isn't legit to HWBot rules. Timer must be active. Could you please use the supplied background as a background and post bigger pics. That ones almost impossible to read.

Your fastest time is 58.672.

Come on peeps!! Let's take a second to look these over before we post! :clap: :thup:

(G{in}[AK)TION] / CORE i9 7900x/ AIO COOLER / 30.768

7900x 4.4ghz avx.png

i think 4.4ghz AVX is my limit here. 4.5ghz AVX and the system shuts off. am able to do 4.6ghz for non AVX tasks.

mine would not upload until I reduced it this small.
please delete that post and I'll rerun it.

Save it as a jpg or something... 4MB file size (pretty sure we just doubled it) should not be difficult. :)

I'm thinking the upload issue is on my end somewhere, I have been having interwebs issues and they are sending out a new router to try to fix them. again..........

In w10, search for cmd. When you see the icon, right click and run as admin. Then paste the command to enable. In other words, the command line app is what you need to run as admin.

lol, this!

what command?

Edit: your status is ok though???

Edit2: you also ran the wrong one. ;)

can someone post the command line code to enable HPET in windows 8/10 please.

can someone post the command line code to enable HPET in windows 8/10 please.

To change it in Windows 10. You must run the command that is in the program. The problem is that the program does not have admin rights and can't change anything. You must open a CMD window with admin rights. Then you can run "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true".

@Johan45 This bench loves cores, can you show us a Thread ripper Run please (stock ok)

Maybe at the end of the month, having a mobo problem it's going for RMA

To change it in Windows 10. You must run the command that is in the program. The problem is that the program does not have admin rights and can't change anything. You must open a CMD window with admin rights. Then you can run "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true".

It's supposed to work anyway. The program knows it doesn't have admin rights, so it uses the .vbs script under the "scripts/" directory to start a command window as admin. What should happen is that you get a UAC prompt about cmd.exe trying to run as admin. Once you say yes, it launches a new command-line window as admin and runs the command.

I don't know what happened here, since the error is "bcdedit not found". Whatever the case is, this sort of thing happens a lot now since Java and Windows 10 keep updating themselves in backwards incompatible ways and breaking things all the time. The screenshot feature is supposed to open the image after you take it. But that broke (on some machines) after some update about a year ago and I haven't found out why. And about that "SeLockMemoryPrivilege" warning that everybody sees. You need to go to group policy to enable it. I used to have a tool that did it automatically. But Windows has since disabled the permission setting API so that you can no longer do it programmatically. Apparently it's for "security reasons". But you need admin rights anyway to use it. So I have no idea what they were thinking...

Long story short, things change too much and move too fast for me to keep the HWBOT submitter working smoothly. (BTW, HWBOT uses a different API for their competitions than their main site... geez. And I didn't find out about it until recently when I was notified by email about it.)

Thanks for the info Mysticial and welcome! :)

Not at all surprised to hear about Hwbot using something different in comps... I'm not sure they know if they are coming and going at times. :p

Thanks for the info Mysticial and welcome! :)

Not at all surprised to hear about Hwbot using something different in comps... I'm not sure they know if they are coming and going at times. :p

At one point in the past (before Massman) left, I offered to hand them the entire HWBOT submitter app (code and all) so they can deal with it along with their API changes and rules enforcement. (Right now, I have to enforce HWBOT's submission rules.) But they seemed to be a more of a mess than I was. So they were in no condition to maintain it any better than I could. :rofl:

Likewise, the integration with the main y-cruncher program also keeps changing from version-to-version.

Back