• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII October: y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the input mystical, we're just trying to wrap our heads around the software at this point see what makes it tick, a little faster if possible.

Thanks for the input mystical, we're just trying to wrap our heads around the software at this point see what makes it tick, a little faster if possible.

Performance Tips:

Hardware:
  • AVX512 if possible. Prefer higher AVX/AVX512 speeds over non-AVX speeds. (IOW, if you have to sacrifice non-AVX speed to get higher AVX/AVX512 speeds, do it.)
  • Max out your memory bandwidth (i.e. memory frequency). Latency is less important. Make sure all channels are populated. Ryzen, TR, Coffee Lake (6 cores or more), and Skylake X will need all the bandwidth they can get.
  • On TR (24 - 32 cores) and Skylake X (> 8 cores), if you have to sacrifice clock speed to increase memory speed, do it.
  • Cache/mesh speeds on Skylake X will matter.
  • Turn on HT.
  • Enable large pages. This will decrease the Meltdown mitigation penalty on some systems. This is the warning message about the "SeLockMemoryPrivilege" that everybody sees. To enable the privilege, follow the instructions here and restart the computer. If you don't have Group Policy Editor because you're running Windows 10 Home, you're out of luck. Then depending on which version of Windows you are running, you may need to run the application as admin.

Software: (These are more advanced tweaks that require manually running the program and using the Custom Compute menu. You can't do these tweaks through the HWBOT submitter GUI. These tweaks are valid and allowed and you can submit to HWBOT.)
  • Adjust the task decomposition. By default it uses either the # of vcores or twice the # of vcores. But this isn't always optimal.
  • Try a different parallel framework. The default is "Push Pool" for small systems. You may wish to experiment with "Cilk Plus" or "TBB".

Thanks, I'm sure those will come in handy!

but all but the last was run without hpet on........

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

so, why are they all banned??????

@Johan45 I read on the Y-cruncher Home page that a 1950 stock would run 45 Sec. and I know you can OC memory and hit that, maybe 30 to 25 Sec. if you get the board back in time. :)

but all but the last was run without hpet on........

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

so, why are they all banned??????
You still need to turn on hpet. This can be done via the habit submitter.

Options> enable / disable> click enable and you should see a cmd prompt open saying operation successful. Restart computer and try again.

caddi daddi| 8086K| water| 59.48

5948.JPG

rebooting the computer helps.
when it opens the cmd window at the end, hit enter to add the score to your list.

at least the fighting **** secures that I don't care.
time to do it ..............again, where's my everclear, that'll make it better.

caddi daddi| 8086K| 59.301

59301.JPG

dang bunch of roughians here.......

I had to cut the display back to one screen for some reason to get the snip to a size you could see.

Sorry... rough week for me. This is actually a bit comical watching these land and get rejected. :D :clap:

Back