• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII October: y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In w10, search for cmd. When you see the icon, right click and run as admin. Then paste the command to enable. In other words, the command line app is what you need to run as admin.

naw man like right click it and click on run as admin. should be in there.
lol, this!

Edit: your status is ok though???

Edit2: you also ran the wrong one. ;)

Let's see here, lol!

LRG's run was successful (hpet) according to his screenshot. However, he ran the wrong bench. He ran pi-100m instead of pi-1b.

Gin, your run wa fine... but your fastest time was 31.358 I believe. ;)

LRG5 / 2700x(x370) /Air /70.321

Y-cruncherX370.PNG

Sorry the right way

LRG5 / 2700X(x370) /Air / 70.16

Y-cruncherX370.PNG

Last edited:
wOaH DuDe, EpIC rUn!

Jokes aside though, what were the temperatures on the laptop?

@everyone

I'm getting this error message on popup after a failed overclock...should I be concerned...? 1538469666358.jpeg

I didn't have temperature monitoring while running the laptop. It did what it did. Clocks seemed stable so I'm not concerned about thermal throttling. It was boosting to the all-core turbo.

The ram message, I get that too. I think it can try to configure ram access for possibly better performance, but I don't know how that works. At least running as admin doesn't seem to make a difference.

That message seems normal? I get it all the time, mack also mentioned it earlier.
Didn't see that either. My bad again. I am kind of a mess here.

Anyway, yesterday when I was starting over my overclock on my 7900x, I noticed that the screen would go instantly to black when the benchmark began. I was checking hwinfo and saw the temps were at 75c but vcore was at 1.250v. I knew that was too high so I kept trying to lower the offset voltage down to around 1.150v. would far I haven't seen it crashed but I noticed that my cursor would kind of drag a bit sometimes.

On avg, voltage for a 4.6ghz oc should be around less than 1.100v, right? I mean I know that for my 7700k, I need about 1.350v for a 4.9ghz OC but this 7900x needing way less than that is something that is making me trying to get my mind out of the gutter. Something like that.

EDIT: I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION that when I set an offset if say -0.025 and then raised it to 4.6ghz, the voltage in hwinfo showed 1.250v. this was from what I saw last night.

Last edited:
I would think a deca-core CPU would need a bit more than that, honestly... But every CPU is different so you need to figure it out. :)

I don't work with offsets, I just run full on all my overclocks. But do remember the offset depends on the voltage being applied which if left on auto will change with the clockspeed automatically.

Do remember this benchmark uses AVX-512 on supported CPUs. On my 7800X I think I had to run at 4.3 GHz to keep it stable and balance the voltage, whereas for non-AVX I had it running up to 4.9. You can use AVX offsets to lower AVX-512 clocks leaving it higher for non-AVX loads.

Yep, I ran 4.3 GHz (-2 offset) for this benchmark on the 7960X. Temps hit 90C already. Not sure I can turn on HT and maintain 4.3 GHz honestly... mine was a 16c/16t run.

Thinking more, it looks like my WR sub was at fixed 4.3 (regardless of code)... I now wonder, if there is enough non-AVX code to benefit from a higher non-AVX clock too. Something to try when I get back.

As for HT, as said, in previous testing it did give a boost when I tried it on/off. How it balances vs clock is something that would need to be tested.

I know HT gives a boost, this bench will run with as many threads as you can give it AFAIK. Not sure I am too into the particulars of it though, LOL! I know that I should run with it on as the clock speed will never make up for an additional 16t (or 8t, or 6t, etc). :)

My submission from earlier needs to be added to the list. I will get a full run in with all c/t soon.

Got it, I think I missed it being under the pic

the AVX offset is set to keep the CPU at 4.2ghz. I know that it can do 4.3, but I am currently working on voltage.

All I'm saying is that the voltage works differently than what I have worked with before on other processors in the past.

I know HT gives a boost, this bench will run with as many threads as you can give it AFAIK. Not sure I am too into the particulars of it though, LOL! I know that I should run with it on as the clock speed will never make up for an additional 16t (or 8t, or 6t, etc). :)

The complicated part is that, HT does not directly help with AVX-512 if the code is dense enough, but the question is how much does it help with the rest of the code? Something to test, and I can't do that on my laptop as it doesn't have HT.

This bench also loves memory. I have received several times (when running 2x4GB sticks) a warning that I do not have enough memory.
I don't know if this is a good run for my memory. My new motherboard has many presets for different memory speeds. I can't get it to run the very tight timings -3733-3866-4000-4133 @1.70v-1.85v. HOW much voltage is allowed as I have gone up to 2.0 to try and get those speeds to run??
I'm currently running tight timings at 1.65v -3866. MB failed to boot with the memory at 4000. Here is a screen shot. Any advice on getting it to run faster :)

Thank You :)

3866 with AIDA memory test.jpg

You can see from the hwbot submitter 1b runs take >4.79GB, so on an 8GB system you'd want to try and keep it clean but should be ok overall.

I haven't tested it, but I suspect that ram bandwidth matters more than latency, at least on faster CPUs.

Oh, while you're doing the 1b runs, you can also do a 25m run to fill out hwbot if that is of any interest. As that runs a LOT faster (under a second on a fast system), it can tolerate instability a lot better than 1b so you could get away with higher clocks. There's also 10b tests, but unless you run 48GB+ system ram, that might kill your swap drive.

Back