• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Running strong at the dinner hour!

CC_0413_1800hrs.PNG

Ranking:

1. **OCF**
  2. EVGA
  3. CPC&Bit !
  4. VGT
  5. TPU !
  6. TSC! Russia
  7. OCN
  8. HWC
  9. OCAU

I can't remember EVER seeing CPC&Bit ahead of OCN - CPC is here to RACE this year, and something is also not working for OCN - maybe it's just a natural bigadv 24 hour cycle of ups and downs, but that's a heck of a slip just now.

Did you notice the rally going on with TPU! Trap door spiders, all the way!

Voodoo do'er said:
I can take the late night. :borg:
OK. 10 -1 or 11 - 2, or ??

Fold 'em Fold 'em Fold 'em!!​

@Angry: At least one is now racing against us! None of those three however.

I have a bigadv wu to send back soon, and 3 others to follow. I will be off the net after 7:20 pm, until almost 8 pm.

Last edited:
looking good

We 're #1 right now, but not by much. VGT is getting close. Fallowed by EVGA.
It's still anyone's game.

Attachments

• points_all_adj.png
    points_all_adj.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 152
  • points_all_raw.png
    points_all_raw.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
holy crapola! I just got a 14k on my GPU, eta 1.24 days :(

eta updated...now 7hr 12min :)

opps..read the wrong ling in HFM...eta still 1.24days :(

Last edited:
Tough luck, kyfire. :rain:

I see TSC! and OCN are really close - I expect a pass by OCN before too long

. CC_0413_2000hrs.PNG

VGT continues to ease up closer to us. Meanwhile OCN, TSC! and TPU are all battling each other! OCAU has moved out of the caboose, and left HWC Beavers, inside it.

Poor Beavers! Nice rally by OCAU.

Last edited:
Was just over on OCN, about 20 mins ago one of their folders said he had 500k. to upload

OCN could use the boost, and that will surely help them out. I'm not too worried about it:
CC_0413Personalppd.PNG

Voodoo do'er, grab the 9:30 update. I wasn't sure what "late night" meant exactly.

Last edited:
We're still #1 fallowed by VGT and evga

OCN took a nice jump . VGT tisk tisk where are your points.

Attachments

• points_all_raw.png
    points_all_raw.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 143
  • points_all_adj.png
    points_all_adj.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 142
good lord what are you folding on ?
OH ya, it was 10:30 where I'm at :blah:

All my times will be on PDT.

Tanker is the 4 X Opteron that earns the vast majority of my points these days. The other 3 pc's are a 2600K, a i7 940, and a (rather slow) 2 x quad L5420 server. They all run native Linux, except the 940, which runs Linux in a VM, on native Windows 7.

Since that screen grab, the ppd estimate has climbed to 497k for tomorrow. Actual points never get that high due to time spent in transmission, and etc. Tanker for instance, takes a full 30 minutes to send in each work unit, with no other bandwidth being used. :shock:

I see the Beavers have given the caboose back to OCAU.

Last edited:
Since that screen grab, the ppd estimate has climbed to 497k for tomorrow. Actual points never get that high due to time spent in transmission, and etc. Tanker for instance, takes a full 30 minutes to send in each work unit, with no other bandwidth being used. :shock:

Sound like you need more internet bandwidth! (if it's not Stanford issue that is.)

Sound like you need more internet bandwidth! (if it's not Stanford issue that is.)

I'm on the end of a long DSL run. D/L speeds are OK, but upload speeds are horrid (very asynchronous). Almost nobody competes for the modest bandwidth in this area, and I don't want a fixed expense that's rather high. It's got me this far. :thup:

CC_0413_2200hrs.PNG

We're still in the lead, but EVGA has passed VGT, and both are challenging us! CPC&Bit are a big step off the leaders, rather separated from everyone else.

OCN has slipped back and TSC! HWC, and TPU are REALLY in a knot they're so close.

OCAU has fallen off the pace.

We need to

Fold! Fold!! Fold!!!​

Last edited:
I'm on the end of a long DSL run. D/L speeds are OK, but upload speeds are horrid (very asynchronous). Almost nobody competes for the modest bandwidth in this area, and I don't want a fixed expense that's rather high. It's got me this far. :thup:

Well guess google needs to take over the world with there Fiber so you wont have that problem. :chair: :D

Well guess google needs to take over the world with there Fiber so you wont have that problem. :chair: :D

I saw where they announced they were going to make it available in Austin, TX.

Reasonable price options, too!. yeah! :beer:

I saw where they announced they were going to make it available in Austin, TX.

Reasonable price options, too!. yeah! :beer:

Yep although there moving too slow in my opinion. If there was a way to "overclock" google to get that done faster. :blah:

Yep although there moving too slow in my opinion. If there was a way to "overclock" google to get that done faster. :blah:

Absolutely! Tomorrow I'd like to have it - I can move!

Back