• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought so - I was watching a build video on that last night! Sweet design.

This is more close and exciting than I thought it would be.....:thup:

It always has it's moments, for sure! The winner can usually be guessed at after 2 or 3 days, but then there's all the rest of the places still to be settled.

First place is a nail biter! VGT has passed us to take second!

CC_0414_1100hrs.PNG

EVGA coninues to pull away just slightly.

TPU and CPCBit are slightly apart, but the remaining teams are ALL fighting a close battle for the next position.

Gonna be adding more rigs shortly :)

Great! Now -- who else can we recruit or borg?

There is a large discrepancy between the two stats sites atm. The issue is being sorted out right now.

The stats are being corrected. Hopefully the two sites will match up, soon. I'm very glad this wasn't discovered on the last day of the race!

After the next update at 2:30, I'll be gone for two hours.

A quick update:

The stats sites still don't match up - they're a lot closer, but this isn't hand grenades.

Official site shows:

CC_0414_1400hrs.PNG

If correct, we're in close second place, with VGT just off the pace. OCN and TSC! are in a bunch, as is OCAU and HWC.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, should have swapped over Saturday. Up and folding now.

Was distracted with the V8 races. As a plus I did see the start of the race from a Heli.

I will try and get some other comps added for the CC.

^^^^^ Thanks!

CC_0414_1600hrs..PNG

Besides our close race with EVGA, it's the other end of the team race where several teams are clustered:
OCN, HWC, OCAU, and TSC!

Bit and VGT are the only two that have space around them. Let's see if the other stats site matches up properly:

CC_0414_1600hrs2.PNG

We're not matched up yet, EVGA is matched, VGT isn't - Hmmmm... Not much different, but still..

(sent PM to EVGA Captain)

Who can you recruit to race with us?​

Last edited:
points_all_adj.png

Now that's close!

points_all_adj2.png

Fold! Fold!! Fold!!!​

Last edited:
I have posts in the Main topic area at LinusTechTips.com - hopefully draw some people over to the Folding section and also let some of the regular Folders know what is going on and have them switch up.

Two more systems added here. :)

Well have a another computer that i'm trying to sell, so I just brought it online, so add in a 3570k @4.0GHz and a 6950...

The 6950 didn't want to run at 1st had to upgrade from 13.1 to 13.3 beta 3 drivers to get it going...

Great job, guys!! Let's see how the 8:30 update looks.

We're 1.751 Million race points ahead of EVGA. After that, the gaps soar until you get down to the lower 5 bunch of teams - they are neck and neck.

Both VGT and Bit-tech have found a niche somewhere in between these two groups. They're just enough to make you nervous -- for now.

Last edited:
9:30 p.m was a good update for us. Our lead lengthened just a little more.

Looking ahead, we will have to contend with those llittle "Ankle Biter" 4P systems of EVGA's, tomorrow, as they cycle through their returns of big advanced work units.

That shouldn't be a worry for us. What IS a worry for us, will be in recruiting still more pc's, for our team.

We have a large pc oriented community here, and so far, we have only touched upon a small pecentage of those who regularly participate on distribued computing teams (SETI, Rosetta) and of course, the Benchmarkers - but they're always ready for a chance to race a system!

Now we need idea's to reach out to more people, and bring them into the race. Not much here for laptops, but anything bigger would be great.

Think about what we can do to make that happen, and let's get on it tomorrow.

In Basketball and Football, you win because you have a great defense.

In the Chimp Challenge Race, you win because you can recruit effectively.
You bring in more folders/racers to join your team.

And I'd like to give a big thanks to the racers who have joined us for this race.

We wouldn't be in first place,
without your considerable help.

End of the day - Sunday the 14th.

How about a 20 Million + day!

Feast for the eyes!

CC_teamOutput_0414.PNG

OK, it's not a sexy new computer build - but it's SWEET, nonetheless!

<< Congrats on a great day of folding! >>​

Yes I saw that a few mins ago, fantastic to see :D I also had my highest ever production day using only my own hardware :D

And a sweet little darling that is, too!

At the 10:30 pm update, we're holding our lead over EVGA, and both of us are still SLOWLY pulling away from VietnamGlobal, and CustomPC&Bit.

The lower tiered teams are still quite close. Looks like it will require one or two more days to get some ranking that will give any of them breathing room.

points_all_adj2.png

The 11:30 update just came through, and updated our image, above. VGT has REALLY cycled a load of wu's, and has closed the gap with both EVGA and us, significantly. Now just 2 Million points separate EVGA from VGT!

You can see it better in this static image:
CC_0413_2300hrs.PNG

Big step up by Vietnam Global! Meanwhile, Bit-tech continues to SLOWLY pull away from OCN. Now with a lead of about 10 Million race points.

Last edited:
12:30 am update. I'm linking these two pics, so they'll update every hour, automatically, while we sleep.

points_all_adj.png

points_all_adj2.png

Very little movement in the teams this update. The Vietnam Global Team has sent in their cycle of bigadv wu's, so it's back to regular production. It won't wear us down, but it will make it very difficult for OCN to ever catch them - unless OCN has an ace up it's sleeve.

We shall see.

A little spotlight on one of our visiting teams: This is the Pit_Crew from the PCPitStop folding team. Although they have just a handful of folders here, they are among the strongest folders on their team.

And look what they've cooked up for us, today:

cc_0413_dailyTotal.PNG

Over a million points today!!

:thup: That's some Pit_Crew alright. :thup:

Magnifique! :clap:

Last edited:
At the 12:30 update -

Our second full days of racing comes to an end at Noon, but we can't get those stats until 20-30 minutes later.

We're #1, but EVGA is close behind us - incredibly close considering all the points that have been generated so far in the race.

Vietnam Global is prowling near the benches of the field, just waiting for one of the two starring teams to take a misstep. Then they'll be glad to fill in. Great job by a first time racing team. No missteps that I can see, so far.

CustomPC & Bit-tech is sitting on the team benches, relatively apart from the others. Just folding, and watching the results. Then folding some more. Not able to jump into the top tier of racers, but able to keep the lower tier, from catching up with them. This is definitely the strongest race I've seen from CPC&Bit-tech.

Then we have Overclocking.net, TSC! Russia, Hardware Canucks, and Overclockers Australia, still unable to get any significant separation from the others, but unwilling to yield any rank, either.

Tech PowerUp! looks to be overwhelmed, but they are an experienced CC race team. With a little luck, they'll be back, and fighting for a better ranking.

Back