• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, Stanford (or more accurately UVA I think for bigadv) has the bandwidth. I'll be really sad when I lose this connection. It can get 50-90 MB/s upload/download on the bandwidth test programs. Also will be really sad as the 4P is on "free" electricity.

[07:21:15] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
[07:21:17] CoreStatus = 64 (100)
[07:21:17] Unit 4 finished with 81 percent of time to deadline remaining.
[07:21:17] Updated performance fraction: 0.811617
[07:21:17] Sending work to server
[07:21:17] Project: 8104 (Run 0, Clone 7, Gen 9)

[07:21:17] + Attempting to send results [April 14 07:21:17 UTC]
[07:21:17] - Reading file work/wuresults_04.dat from core
[07:21:17] (Read 91366289 bytes from disk)
[07:21:17] Connecting to http://128.143.231.201:8080/
[07:21:50] Posted data.
[07:21:50] Initial: 0000; - Uploaded at ~2703 kB/s
[07:21:50] - Averaged speed for that direction ~3783 kB/s
[07:21:50] + Results successfully sent
[07:21:50] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@Home.
[07:21:50] + Number of Units Completed: 122

points_all_adj.png
points_all_raw.png
points_all_adj2.png

Just thought I would help get things rolling again. :salute:

Last edited:
my linux distro is now crap in a handbag... and the devs lairs :argue:

I can't keep my system stable in linux, had to reboot into windows. it never likes a OC'd system no matter how stable it is.
I may power down for 30min to switch over to a new one (sabayon linux. prepping the test system)

EDIT
as of now I'm stilling folding
the test system is a old laptop.

Last edited:
It would be most excellent in the first post if the score was updated in there too. This thread gets longer by the hour making scores more difficult to find (though I suppose going to the end and working back is easy enough).

Thanks for your efforts!

Still neck and neck. Makes it exciting. Had a power outage sometime in the night, don't know how much ground I lost but up and running full speed again.

I finished my last unit in Linux, now I've booted into Windows to get my 2 560Ti up and running. Jumped from ~30K to 60K PPD. Will be running until the end of CC. Also just fired up my HTPC on v7. Not sure how much the GPU will do but it's only running 55-57* load. (AMD HD 5450)

Last edited:
"Ankle Biters" eh? They're sure working - that is one close race.

Can I suggest we link to an offsite image that gets updated?
like:
points_all_adj.png

You certainly may! Only problem is, after the race, the link is gone, and the images along with 'em.

Vietnam Global is still right behind us!

points_all_adj2.png

I see OCAU has passed TPU, so Oz is no longer in the caboose. They've also managed a pass of HWC. Well done
OCAU!

In the lower pic, note the OCN, HWC, TSC! and now OCAU figures: 18, 18, 17, 16. They're in for a fight!

For us it's simple -
Fold and Recruit!​

Last edited:
I should have quoted EarthDog as It was a suggestion to the front page.
Save you editing it repeatedly, I understand that keeping a record of the points is also useful.

Thanks! I haven't heard that song in a long time.

Two years ago, HWC hosted the stats page, and set up a great little "chat box" where all the racers could post a brief message that everyone could read and comment on.

One thing that had become clear is that TSC! Russia had huge update swings. Once in the morning, and once at night (Moscow time). Their other updates were very small.

So one night late, a Russian from TSC! is in the chat box, waiting for his buddies to arrive, and knows a little English - so we ask him "How come these big swings in your teams updates?

"Russian folding man gets up in the morning. Takes ****.
Uploads finished wu. Goes work.

At end of day, comes home. Takes ****.
Uploads finished wu. Eats, drinks. Goes bed."
We were left helpless. :rofl:

I finally got my new rig built and running yesterday evening, FX-8350, 16GB 1866MHz Dominator ram and Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X. They should be making their first dump in the next 3-5 hours. I just hope the 7970 gets a core17 unit or i'll have to shut it down. Now, some pics.

comp1.JPG

comp2.JPG

Yeah, the "little guys". I knew what you meant. I looked at Socket F, but decided against it. I wasn't confident they would be able to meet the deadlines for the big advanced wu's, in the (near) future.

@the_cultie:

Thanks for the pics - very sweet set up there. What case is that?

Wow! VGT is RIGHT behind us! :shock:

Last edited:
Back