• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Done, and thanks for showing how a linked image would update itself! Who knew? :shrug:

We're settling into a great race tempo now: From EOC, at our 10 am and 1 pm update (EOC's Noon and 3 pm update - they're on Central time):

A great 2 M update, followed by

(drum roll please!)

an unreal 4 M update!!​

cc_0415UpdateEOC.PNG

And just look at these Top 20 producers, to know why we're doing so well:

cc_0415Top20.PNG

Astounding numbers! I've never seen such folding power from our top 20 group.

KGH - new highs for our newest superfolder!

Our Regular Superfolders: If they're in your rear view mirror - you're about to be hammered!

P4EE
Orion456
Computekinc.us

Sagar Rawal - new to our team - folds like a Typhoon! :clap:
Edward2 - welcome back! Had me worried over the weekend! :grouphug:
Pit_Crew - into our top 10 after only 2 days of racing?? Incredible! :thup:
Folding Addict - loves all things 4P! :D

thideras - when there's a race to be run, there's thideras to run in it! :p
Equinox - From TheRaptorPit (TRP) team, on vacation, folding in our top 20! Dude! :soda:
rabidusv - might be his first time in our Top 20! (not sure, been away). Well done! :D

Well done! :beer: :soda: :soda: :beer:

As for who's missing - first name is Adak!

I've been visiting other teams for awhile now, and just came back to a greyed out (inactive) listing on EOC. Won't be back into the Top 20 until tomorrow, since my average has to climb away from days of zero production.

Second name missing is ... ?

Last edited:
At the 2:30 pm update:

Top 3: in Millions of points
Code:
Name    Gap from us
====================
OCF   
EVGA           -2
VGT            -6

VGT has rallied up, despite our great updates mentioned above! EVGA and all the other teams, have shown very little movement, relative to any other team.

points_all_adj.png

points_all_adj2.png

Fold! Fold!! Fold!!!​

3 pm update:

We're still in first place, by 2 million race points (roughly), VGT has fallen back to an 8 M deficit.

(This is a static pic and won't update) See post above, for one that will update.
cc_0415_1500hrs.PNG

CustomPC & Bit-tech is the only team in the race that has separated itself from immediate threats. Every other team has a threat, or IS a threat, to another racing team.

That makes for a fun race, any day! :clap:

Fold!!!​

I'm off the net for a bit as wu's upload, and some running around gets done.

Last edited:
Just realised that our old HTPC is sitting unused, replaced two weeks ago with a HP Proliant, so I will add an I3 with a 6850 when I get home from work.

After is gets a good clean out.

Doing great guys, keep up the folding!

Here's hoping they add some more beta slots for us AMD folders.

Just realised that our old HTPC is sitting unused, replaced two weeks ago with a HP Proliant, so I will add an I3 with a 6850 when I get home from work.

After is gets a good clean out.

Excellent! :clap:

5 p.m. update:

We have an IMMEDIATE threat - from both EVGA and VGT!!

cc_0415_1700hrs.PNG

If you have some folding power that COULD be added here - please add it now to the team.

Last edited:
I love it as well! Funnest thing you can do in folding, with your clothes on.

I just turned in an 8101 - it's the biggest/slowest wu, but it's way worth it. Unlike the old "Patty Melts" wu's from years past. They were ABSOLUTE dogs, and low ppd, as well.

7 pm update:

EVGA and VGT have held their relative positions, behind us -- very worrisome! If you have some ANY untapped folding power NOW is the time to tap it!

OCN and HWC continue to fight it out on one level, while OCAU and TSC! battle on the next level down.

CPCBit-tech is out in no-man's land, neither in the top nor the bottom tier of teams.

TPU can't get out of the caboose, no matter how hard it tries, at the moment.

cc_0415_1900hrs.PNG

Our 9 pm. update on EOC (they use Central Time), was an OK 1.89 M. That's OK - but it's not enough to stay ahead in the CC.

We need MORE folding power!​

Last edited:
stupid 7647 projects take forever!

I added another co-worker's PC at work and will be getting an image on the stock PCs in the office tomorrow, should be good for 10k each I think.

Pretty much sums it up for me:

@warmon6:
I wish we had more teammates like you, buddy!

@dragonhunter:
Thanks for the kind words - and thanks for the extra folding power. I look forward to seeing the build description and pics when you get a chance. Folding Addict will do backflips and headstands for them, I'm sure! :p

Last edited:
Back