• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Main rig went down last night, don't know why, temps seem to have been fine.
Back up and running and both GPUs got 0x17 WUs so PPD is up, the 0x16 WUs drop PPD massively. My living room is heating up...

My Game Server Rig went down last night as well, went to switch to it on the KVM this morning and nothing...shut off, turn back on, no post, repeat, no post, third time it posted.

Its back up, and going, the board in it has always been semi-flaky, but never done that.

Managed to scrounge together a PSU setup for the Phenom II X3, and Radeon 5830. Folding@home client automatically added the 5830. Is it worth it to fold on it?

I'd say just do it and see how much it increases your power draw and if that is worth it for you. You see how many PPD it generates when you fold on it. I'd assume it could work.

I have an old 9800GT lying around here, any chance I can just add it to my current rig (signature) and fold on that too?

4 am update:

In a stunning leap, Vietnam Global Team has passed both us, AND EVGA!!

cc_0416_0400hrs.PNG

And how was YOUR morning, so far? :D

@idkfa: my experience is that every card you add, slows down the production in the other cards, so no, I don't believe you'll see any net gain by adding the 9800GT card, into the sig system.

But I'm far from being the authority on GPU folding.

@Angry: ¿Porque no? (Why not?) :burn: :burn:

Last edited:
I had this nightmare - dozed off in the recliner. In the nightmare another team had passed us in a big leapfrog, and then their folders were posting how happy they were, in our forum.

Wait -- what's this?

Feel good .. never better :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:rofl:

We are waiting for your big 'dump' .... :D

BTW, thanks for taking screenshot of stat. The stat site is blocked from where i work :D

"Our" fastest folder has decided to race with EVGA this year, so that cuts down on the "dumping" we can do, quite a bit.

5 am update:
VGT has done it again!!

cc_0416_0500hrs.PNG

That is a great jump up the ranks, by VGT! :attn: EVGA is going to **** when they wake up and find this change in the rankings!!

Edit: Sbinh, you had a 6 am (Central Time) update of 687K points? Wow! :clap:

Last edited:
Feel good .. never better :D
Hey Hey, we all know that you are just a ringer from [H] for VGT.... :D
You guys sure are pouring it on. :thup:

I sure was surprised to see your post over at evga right after I straightened XZ out about you NOT being a ringer for VGT.
I didn't know you read their forum.

Sry guyz, i'm out. My video card was artifacting bad as posted here and now it's dead.

No bleeps, no errors, no display. Lucky I have onboard video so that's what I'm using until I get it replaced/RMA'ed.

Good luck fellas!

Sry guyz, i'm out. My video card was artifacting bad as posted here and now it's dead.

No bleeps, no errors, no display. Lucky I have onboard video so that's what I'm using until I get it replaced/RMA'ed.

Good luck fellas!
Sorry to hear that.
At least it gave it's life for a worthy cause.

Those terrible WUs are not worthy... :p

That sucks though..

Due to those terrible WUs I have stopped folding on the 7970.. I gave the CPU that core and end up folding more PPD that way. Im just waiting for the all clear from others to turn it back on. :)

Remove it out of the list in the client so only the CPU is there. Assuming you are running the v7 client, click on configure, its in one of the tabs, and remove the GPU entry.

Hey Hey, we all know that you are just a ringer from [H] for VGT.... :D
You guys sure are pouring it on. :thup:

I sure was surprised to see your post over at evga right after I straightened XZ out about you NOT being a ringer for VGT.
I didn't know you read their forum.

kaka .. I come there from time to time .. just after XZ called for "time-zone" competition... but still .. don't like those whining ******* .. :D

so there is a way to not fold with you gpu... how may I ask?

It's not impossible to fold with the Gpu, it's just when it's dead, then how are you going to fold with it? :rofl:

Checked in properties and it doesn't even show in display adapter.

Attachments

• its-dead-jim.jpg
    its-dead-jim.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 59
I think I may get my hands on a dual quad xeon server board tomorrow, a loaner from a friend so I may be able to add a few more ppd.

Back