• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
8 pm update:

We're losing our lead over both EVGA and VGT. Down to 1 and 2 M race points, respectively. We need to pick up the pace, or we're racing for third place.

cc_0415_2000rhrs.PNG

OCN and HWC appear to be getting some positive separation from the rest of the second tier teams. TPU has slid back, just a bit more.

Last edited:
Anyone have any 4Ps they forgot to switch over?

Forgot? no. They just decided not to. Fortunately, they are very few. Unfortunately, at least one of them is folding for our main competitor in the race, and he's a super strong folder (reaches 2.5M/ppd).

Told us not to worry, he'd be back. Everybody believed him because he's raced with us since water was wet, but ...

We have been passed by EVGA, and are being threatened by VGT.

cc_0415_2100hrs.PNG

On the lower tier, it's OCN vs HWC (even), and OCAU vs TSC! (+1 for TSC!).

Fold Everybody, FOLD!!​

Last edited:
Forgot? no. They just decided not to. Fortunately, they are very few. Unfortunately, at least one of them is folding for our main competitor in the race, and he's a super strong folder (reaches 2.5M/ppd).

Told us not to worry, he'd be back. Everybody believed him because he's raced with us since water was wet, but ...

Who we talking about here?

Sorry, FoldingAddict, I don't want to dwell on the negative. Brings everybody down, and we've still got a race to run! :burn: :burn: :burn:

Voodoo do'er: If your undead guy has a nice desktop, set him up! :p

I started folding to day just for this... hope it will still help...

:welcome: briansun1! I have added you to the sign in list. Thank you! :D

11 pm update:

EVGA has the lead - by a slim margin. Vietnam GT is still dangerously close behind us!

cc_0415_2300hrs.PNG

Fold! :burn::burn::burn: FOLD! :burn: :burn: :burn: Fold!​

Last edited:
Fiddle Fudge! just got a core a3, have way decent points but dang 1.5 day eta :(
Good news tho, my next update will push me over the 100k mark! :)

Good news tho, my next update will push me over the 100k mark! :)
Way to go :thup:
Do you have your GPU folding, too? Even though I put mine to fold for about 10-12h a day and not 24/7 for the race, I am able to more than double my PPD :)
Stay away from the -beta flag though. It gives a nice quick return bonus but Im under the impression that those core17 units draw massive ressources from the CPU, so I stick the core15 units.

And I try to lay hands on some friends machines, although they don't really see what we are doing here :(

edit: Oh with my next 2 WU's I should break the 500k, quite a milestone for me :)

Last edited:
Way to Fold kyfire! :clap:

12 am update:

We're still second, but RIGHT behind EVGA! We didn't gain much, but we gained a LITTLE. wheee.gif wheee.gif

VGT has dropped out of their rally, and slid back a bit, in this hour.

cc_0416_0000hrs.PNG

In the lower tier of teams we still have some very extended races going on:

OCN vs HWC (HWC is +1)

and

OCAU vs TSC! (TSC! is +1)

TPU is maintaining a position, just back of the above four teams
:thup: Fold! :thup: FOLD! :thup: Fold! :thup:

Last edited:
This was so funny, I had to link it in here: "Dog wants a Kitty."

"Oh, c'mon on!" :rofl:
"You get me a snake, I'm gonna chew the arms right off this couch!" :rofl:

@voodoo do'er: Very funny! "Then you know what I did with it? ....". :rofl:

1 am update:

EVGA has pulled ahead substantially with this update. :rain:

Our EOC update was good at 2.6M, but EVGA had an excellent one, and excellent beats good.

We have pulled 6M ahead of VGT, so that's good.

CustomPC & Bit-tech, TSC! Russia, OCN, OCAU, HWC and TPU! have all remained in locked step. All shifts in position, are minor, or short lived. They could almost be Marines on the parade ground, passing in review.

These are linked, so they will update throughout the rest of the night.

points_all_adj.png

points_all_adj2.png

Fold 32, Fold!!​

Last edited:
Way to go :thup:
Do you have your GPU folding, too? Even though I put mine to fold for about 10-12h a day and not 24/7 for the race, I am able to more than double my PPD :)
Stay away from the -beta flag though. It gives a nice quick return bonus but Im under the impression that those core17 units draw massive ressources from the CPU, so I stick the core15 units.

And I try to lay hands on some friends machines, although they don't really see what we are doing here :(

edit: Oh with my next 2 WU's I should break the 500k, quite a milestone for me :)

Yes, folding on my GPU too. Also pressed the wife's rig into service (about 16 hours a day)
Yea, from what I've been seeing from another team (whom shall remain nameless,but is no threat to us) the core 16 and 17 are nice points but they've had issues with crashes and failures (especially on Linux rigs).

Well as of the 3am est F@H update I've cranked out 103152 points total. And I only started folding a week ago!

the core 16 and 17 are nice points but they've had issues with crashes and failures (especially on Linux rigs).
I had no issues with crashes (heard of crashing core 16's) my main problem was folding a core17 almost cut my CPU PPD in half :-/

Well as of the 3am est F@H update I've cranked out 103152 points total. And I only started folding a week ago!
Solid work! If I don't want to see you get past me, I have fold harder, like a lot :attn:

Back