• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I flung some poo from Castrovalva a little bit ago but she was assigned a WU that won't finish till after the CC.
Logopolis is fixing to fling some in about 4 hours and that will probably be her last shot for the CC as well.

That's ok, I got my primary folder (Laptop with pentium t2390) will be giving it's last Wu in 16 Hours.

*It's been slowly working on a 7809 for the past several day's. Been taking 54min per frame. So this will be the last WU this will laptop will fold for the CC and it will go into full retirement afterwards. Just these newer WU's are taking so long on it that it not worth running on it any more. Although it has been a great folder for all these years*

Now I have pressed my Core i7 920 into service (last night) for the final push.

I haven't been folding to heavily on it mainly because my family uses this PC for many things including moderate gaming. Although, between the fact the my family wont be using it too much for the next few days and to make up a drought that been going on in my stats (due to my laptop getting hammered by the 7809)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=637049

I couldn't hold back on using my top cpu for the fold.

Seriosly though, we have not had to scratch and claw like this since the_cultie got trapped inside the Pooflinger's stern Crapper!!:shock:

I'm afraid it was last year, and we swore never to speak of it again :sly:

Thankfully they have fixed that issue in the new ship :rofl:

Well, I think today I will turn in more points that I have during the rest of the week (2 8105, one is already turned in). After that though I'll be done (nothing else will finish by the end).

Well, Logopolis just flung it's final load of poo for the CC.
It's been fun but now I must bid you adieu as I have to go run down some people that mowed me over while I was aboard the USS Poo Flinger.
Good luck and happy flinging. :salute:

Last edited:
4 pm update.

Our lead has grown to 19M, but we have many hours still to go.

Fold on! The race isn't over, and we certainly haven't won it.

points_all_adj2.png

Thanks Brother John! I know you'll have fun chasing that folder down.

Last edited:
I'll dump another 17,000 in about 2 hours.
Came home and was running on 4 cores. Apparently the power went out today, and she always restarts with 4 instead of 6 cores when that happens.
Should meet my goal of 500,000 for the CC as things stand. Last update put me at 450,000. Still have 19hours to go. It will be close if I get another 10139 as they take about 19 hours for me to finish. Been getting a steady stream of 807* for the GPUs.

I thought it was over at noon PST on Tuesday? Will let her rip till midnight if that is the true end.
Or are we on ADAK time again :)

Last edited:
I'm leaving town early tomorrow for a few days, will be back in town for an Overclocktagon session this weekend, and back out of town next week for 4 days. My participation in the Primate event will be on hold for a bit. WTF Team 32 !! :cheers:

I'll dump another 17,000 in about 2 hours.
Came home and was running on 4 cores. Apparently the power went out today, and she always restarts with 4 instead of 6 cores when that happens.
Should meet my goal of 500,000 for the CC as things stand. Last update put me at 450,000. Still have 19hours to go. It will be close if I get another 10139 as they take about 19 hours for me to finish. Been getting a steady stream of 807* for the GPUs.

I thought it was over at noon PST on Tuesday? Will let her rip till midnight if that is the true end.
Or are we on ADAK time again :)

Nope. I jumped onto "medication time" - real time is 18 hours and 10 minutes to go.

Alright, well my last unit was submitted (360k). Best of luck team 32, and good folding!

Wow at the ones able to contribute close to or above skynet like ppd (2mil ppd) and everyone in the folding spirit in general. It just amazes me how people can selflessly help others out and never really be acknowledged for it ,other than self gratification, in these times when we are bombarded with constant negativity on television news and radio media. Hats off to you and thanks.
Fold on.

Thanks, EXT64 and TheNewbie, for all your help.

(I never knew penguins were so good at tearing down computers! :p)

10 pm update.

Our lead is better than ever, but it's never been a commanding lead, during this race. VGT has ALWAYS been RIGHT THERE!

We have lost a few folders, as you've no doubt noticed. It won't be a problem as long as we lose no more folders.

Stay The Course!​

points_all_adj2.png

Finish is Noon, Tuesday!
Pacific Daylight Time (-7 UTC)

Back