• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
4 am update.

We have 8 hours of racing left.

Our lead is only comfortable if we fold like crazy for each of the next 8 hours.

Enjoy the pic,

And keep folding!​

(dynamic)
points_all_adj2.png

(static pic, will not update)
cc_0423_0400hrs.PNG

Last edited:
I started F@H for this comp and my goal was to make it into the top 500 on team 32 by the end of the comp.

Sitting at position 509 tight now.....soooooo close.

Rigs went offline last night since I had to start a review and swap parts and...... :(

GO TEAM GO! Close it out!

And Medium folding becomes full :)

I must be getting double points because my ppd is over 50k now

Last edited:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130423T12&p0=137&msg=CC+Ends+In:

Just for those that need a countdown timer to know when the CC ends. :p

As for me, My last WU for the CC was given just a few hours ago (laptop finally submitted it's WU). :cool:

Sadly I had a WU on my core i7 920 line up last night to be turned in later this morning/noon time *EDT* but someone turned off the desktop last night so now it wont make the CC deadline... :rain:

So with nothing else that can complete a WU in time, I'm officially out of the race. :salute:

Carry on my brothers and go as far as you can to finish this fight! :attn:

Way to Fold guys...Finally got back into the top 20 on the team. Been a real tough week to stay in there. Still pushing hard..Lets finish this

I returned 0 points last night... checked the log and my GPU client kept crashing all night "unstable machine". :bang head

Dunno what happened, it's a brand new card, didn't even had the time to put an OC on it yet. Oh well, will reboot and hope it's gonna be fine.

Both my CPU clients have returned their last WU now. :salute:

I returned 0 points last night... checked the log and my GPU client kept crashing all night "unstable machine"
I was having the same issue yesterday with one of my cards, for about 3 hours I kept getting nan errors. I deleted the slot then re added it and all is fine again but it's only doing half the amount of work it had been doing. :(

I believe the key is to find just the right driver for that make and model and revision, of the cards hardware and firmware.

And sometimes, it just doesn't work.

Is there a graceful way to finish the last WU without requesting another one?

If using the newest client - the Pause/Fold buttons are gone. Right click the slot and you will see the option - click on Finish. This will finish the current one and then pause...

I believe the key is to find just the right driver for that make and model and revision, of the cards hardware and firmware.

And sometimes, it just doesn't work.

Adak if this was to answer my post #529, the cards been running fine since the cc started. A 450gts it's been putting out about 14k ppd since. So I don't know if it's a driver issue. I'm not going to worry about it though, it's one of the rigs that need to be taken offline when the CC is over in 4 hours. BTW thanks for all your help.

Adak if this was to answer my post #529, the cards been running fine since the cc started. A 450gts it's been putting out about 14k ppd since. So I don't know if it's a driver issue. I'm not going to worry about it though, it's one of the rigs that need to be taken offline when the CC is over in 4 hours. BTW thanks for all your help.

No, it was just a comment from some folders who worked out a problem with their card. They just kept searching for a driver version that worked well, and finally found one. 13.3b3 if I recall was their ticket.

But sometimes I know, it's just a bit of bad luck, or a bad wu, that can set them off throwing errors.

I'm very grateful for your help in this race, Mandrake! :thup:

i have anouther 8k worth of points from my 6870s coming in in an hour and a half then im donesky. after being plauged by problems this whole chimp challenge i finally got all the bugs worked out last night. better late than never

8 am update.

First, a bit of beauty for y'all.

This is the top 20 list for TRP. Note all the greyed out named on the list? Some no longer fold, it's true, but nearly ALL the rest, came over and donated 10 days of folding.

That's a wonderful thing to see, in a volunteer effort! Great job, TRP! :soda: :cheers: :soda:

cc_0423TeamOfGhosts.PNG

Still on-going of course, but I can't thank everyone after the race finishes, and show this.

(static)
cc_0423_0800hrs.PNG

Three hours and 9 minutes to go!!

@rustyfender, sometimes that's just the way it works out - we appreciate the effort you made! :thup:

My 2600k is pulling 26186 PPD and my GF460GT is pulling another 12084PPD. Are these in line with what they should be putting out? I was wondering as I am not that familiar with folding.

I was having the same issue yesterday with one of my cards, for about 3 hours I kept getting nan errors. I deleted the slot then re added it and all is fine again but it's only doing half the amount of work it had been doing. :(

Yep, NANs all night here too. I rebooted the whole machine and now it seems okay. Just spat out its last WU for the race.

What's NAN by the way? :shrug:

First, a bit of beauty for y'all.

This is the top 20 list for TRP. Note all the greyed out named on the list? Some no longer fold, it's true, but nearly ALL the rest, came over and donated 10 days of folding.

That's a wonderful thing to see, in a volunteer effort! Great job, TRP! :soda: :cheers: :soda:

Yep, we're quite a small team and only 2 remained to hold the fort. :salute::salute:

Going right back there this afternoon, we lost a couple hard-earned positions during the race. :attn:

Back