• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 1200 getting custom loop love for the 1st time.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Build turned out nice :)

Post up some temps, sure the are going to be epic

I'll run a bunch of benchmarks tonight to get a range of temps. Blender Benchmark tends to be the most intensive and real world so it's my favorite. Still looking for a solid bench to stress my VEGA 64 in a real world test. Aida64 isn't realistic... Got any advice? Valley Benchmark doesn't seem to really hit it hard enough. FurMark seems intense but I'd like more options.

don't use Furmark, that just pounds on GPU's

You can loop Timespy Extreme , that should give you a good indication of the GPU cooling

This is a snapshot of a 2nd run of Blender Bench (each run is about 20 minutes). 5.2GHz no AVX offset, Uncore at 5.0ghz 1.44 Vcore
I did reset HWiNFO to give averages while under full load as everything normalized. My coolant temp is EC_TEMP 1 and has been at 30°C for over 20 minutes now w/ room ambient at 22°C. My previous AIO on this same clock would have the coolant go as high as 36°C and sometimes 38°C depending on room ambient temps.

I'll run GPU stresses later.

Render Bench 52 52.JPG

Last night for 20 minutes I ran Blender Benchmark and Valley Benchmark (HD extreme settings) at the same time so my 8700k was at full load at 5.2ghz no AVX offset and my VEGA 64 was also on full load. While my window was open the VEGA 64 hit a max temp of 39°C and the 8700k hit a max temp of 84°C. The amount of heat my case was kicking out was insane and the coolant temp reached 34°C max. I was HIGHLY impressed! When I closed my window the temps on my 8700k went up to 86°c as the room was getting hot lol.

Real world gaming and video rendering this system will do perfectly now. I don't do any crazy youtube vloger stuff, just some self tape editing to help my wife who is an actress. Gaming is mainly Battlefield V when I have time. Also a lot of PLEX usage while gaming at the same time. When PLEX is analyzing a movie/tv show to create thumbnails and all that the 8700k at full load seems to max out at about 70°C and this is the main thing that will push my CPU on a daily basis.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I'm still figuring out how I really want to have my loop though as I want as easy of a time as possible for draining/flushing... I know a couple people have chimed in so here is a better pic to look at it.

20190302_132919.jpg

Antec Final Blue.jpg

Last edited:
No pictures ?

Temps look great. What is your room ambient ?

I think the auto merge borked my photos...
Ambient is what ever mood my wife is in..................................
But I try to keep it around 70-75°F so around 22-25°C roughly.... We are in Los Angeles so night temps right now in winter are "very cold" (I'm from Buffalo NY hence the quotes) but 100° weather is just weeks away.

Looking great! Glad you went ahead and over-radded the sucker. How are you overclocking the vega 64 right now and what are you hitting? I have a hard time hitting 1700MHz @ 300w (I can set it and run stable, but afterburner reports lower clocks). That's just for fun though, normally I play at a more sane 1650MHz with a mild undervolt to run around 250w. I'd love to see what it can do at 350 watts, but I think I'll get another radiator first.

Looking great! Glad you went ahead and over-radded the sucker. How are you overclocking the vega 64 right now and what are you hitting? I have a hard time hitting 1700MHz @ 300w (I can set it and run stable, but afterburner reports lower clocks). That's just for fun though, normally I play at a more sane 1650MHz with a mild undervolt to run around 250w. I'd love to see what it can do at 350 watts, but I think I'll get another radiator first.

I plan on seriously benching the VEGA 64 this weekend as I have an investment advisory conference for the rest of this week. (I'm a partner in a Registered Investment Advisory firm). Before I do though I think I'm going to flip the front rad for easier draining and switch the rear tubes going to the rear rad as I think it will just look better. I want the loop so that all I have to do is slightly tip it to the side to get it to drain (it's heavy as all hell). Any advice on tube plumbing is very much welcome.

I did undervolt the VEGA 64 a bit w/ +50 power limit and the memory is at 1100. The core clock seems to bounce around so I'll have to spend more time on that. Usually it's around 1600 give or take.

your run looks pretty epic, if you can always avoid crossing over one another for the best look IMO

your build did a nice job of avoiding that

Before I do though I think I'm going to flip the front rad for easier draining and switch the rear tubes going to the rear rad as I think it will just look better. I want the loop so that all I have to do is slightly tip it to the side to get it to drain (it's heavy as all hell). Any advice on tube plumbing is very much welcome.

If you want to go like that i tell you what you need to do to be effective, but you ain't gonna like it.
20190302_132919 edit.jpg

this way you dont need any tilt if the front rad is rotated.

8700k 5GHz 1.29v no AVX offset Prime95 small FFT run for 1 hour. I'm happy w/ this.
Notice how the fan speeds are about 900 rpm. Silent wings 3 high speed 120mm fans and you can't even tell the PC is on. I even have the D5 pump on 100% and you can't hear it. 28dB noise level just 6 inches from the computer.

5ghz prime95 1hr.JPG

Last edited:
If you want to go like that i tell you what you need to do to be effective, but you ain't gonna like it.

this way you dont need any tilt if the front rad is rotated.

I am going to go ahead and try it. I got the part to drill a 1 inch diameter hole into it. I'll keep you posted.

:thup: , use painters tape to mask before drilling. Take out your GPU or mask your HW properly so bits of metal won't short anything.

Today I flipped the front 360 rad (400 x 130 x 60mm) so the ports are on the bottom for easier draining.
I also slightly changed the tubing in the bottom half in hopes that it would look better and comparing old pics to current it actually does look a bit cleaner.

An odd effect right now is that my idle temps have dropped 2°c from doing this.... I did raise the front rad a few inches higher to ensure my drain is the lowest point... Perhaps because there is a fan directly blowing on my rez it's chilling it further? I get 2 more silent wings 3 high speed 120mm fans in the mail tomorrow to complete the 6 fan push/pull on this thick rad.

I decided to go this route for a bit before drilling into the case again. This already took me about 4 hours to drain, flip the rad, re-cut tubing, check for leaks, and now it's bleeding. Perhaps in a week or two if I really want to drill into it to make the draining even better I'll do it then. At least this was the path of least resistance for now.

20190309_153900.jpg 20190309_154014.jpg
20190309_153936.jpg 20190309_154004.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, it does look a lot cleaner. No idea why the temps changed, maybe a little bubble trapped in one of the rad?

Oddly the shortest tube was the hardest to cut and connect... The one going from the front 360 rad to the rez.

Yeah the drop in temps are perplexing because after half a day the temps are still noticeably lower by a few degrees. Perhaps things are just more efficient now?

The last 2 silent wings 3 120mm high speed fans came in today so now my push/pull is compete on the front 360 (400 x 130 x 60mm) rad.

But now even though the top 280 x 130 x 38mm rad is being pulled by the 200mm top fan, it's looking a little lonely and could use 2 more fans pushing on it don't you think?.....

20190310_193947.jpg

20190310_193935.jpg

Last edited:
Back