• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom DD Torture Rack Build Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How did you tighten your barbs? My rule of thumb is to tighten it hand tight and then do 1/4 of a turn with a pipe wrench.

It's not the barbs that are leaking, it's the reservoir top. But yes, that's pretty much what I did for the compression fittings.

So here is what I'm seeing. The outer edge of the reservoir sticks out from under the top, and that is where it is leaking from. You can kind of see it in the pic.

DSC_0036.JPG

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you bulged the oring, try loosening the top a bit and then tightening it just till it's snug (not till it stops)

It actually wasn't that tight. I only tightened it by hand and even taking the top off, that bulge didn't go away. I can just set the top there and feel that edge over the side. If the res isn't filled to the top it doesn't leak. I'm thinking that if i just keep it 80% full then I won't have to worry about it.

As far as the flow rate, how hard should the water be coming in to the res? Should it be squirting in like a hose?

sorta depends, you've got a pretty high restriction loop, it shouldn't be blasting in there, but it should be moving a decent amount of water. I'm wondering if you have a defective o-ring or something...is it sitting correctly in the groove (if there is one)?

Based on that picture and the previous one I'd say it's bulging when you tighten it...that's all I can think of.

Leak test passed!!!! Cable management has been a b!@tch. No place to hide cables in an acrylic case! :mad:

That corsair looks nice. The Ultra was $250, and while I don't want to go cheap on my PSU, I don't think I could physically fit it in here! I eventually plan to upgrade the MB, CPU, and probably another GPU. Is 750w still enough? I was thinking of possibly upgrading.

Speaking of GPUs, I successfully OC'ed my XFX HD4890 to 1000MHz (the highest ATI Overdrive would let me) and the memory to 1150MHZ. It's staying nice and cool. Having a little trouble with the CPU though. Can't get it stable past 3.8! :mad:

What about taking a look at the NZXT 1000W PSU? It's pretty cheap and offers great performance. I've always liked the Corsair HX and Antec TruePower series as well. It depends on your budget and what you want.

Rig is looking good though. I've thought about doing a torture rack for a while, but I really like the Dimastech units and they're pretty expensive to get her in the U.S.

Still having a hard time with my CPU OC. In BIOS I'll set the CPU voltage to 1.42, but it will show up in AMD OD as 1.35 and CPUZ as 1.40. Regaprdless the the temp never reaches 37c but whenever I stress test it crashes after a couple of minutes. I've read through DOLK, at least his write up, not all the posts afterwards. Any ideas?

So here's how it's looking. Still waiting on my fan controller to arrive. I think I like it better with the fan grill off. Plus the fans pull enough air through the rads to keep the HDDs cool.

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

Still having a hard time with my CPU OC. In BIOS I'll set the CPU voltage to 1.42, but it will show up in AMD OD as 1.35 and CPUZ as 1.40. Regaprdless the the temp never reaches 37c but whenever I stress test it crashes after a couple of minutes. I've read through DOLK, at least his write up, not all the posts afterwards. Any ideas?

I may have missed it, but CPU are you running with the GD70? You may want to start a new thread in the AMD section...but I'd be glad to attempt to help. I've overclocked a few AMD chips before :)

My CPU is an AMD Ph II X4 955BE. I know I need to update my BIOS, but I'm just surprised that I can't get it stable past 3.8 :rain:

It could be your NB-CPU voltage holding you back, or your HT is running too hard. The 955 BE chips also like to have a NB running in the ~2700MHz range around the 4GHz mark. Without all the minor details its kinda hard to say, or it could just be a bum chip.

Well, I can't get my computer to boot, and I think one of my RAID drives just went out. Whenever i restart I can hear clicking coming from one of the drives and in BIOS it doesn't even recognize my RAID drives! :mad:

Back