• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great CPU Giveaway: Final Week

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bubba gump said:

Darn! Coz i was pretty sure it would be a whole model car, to scale on every curve such and such :D

Nope... Just one part. Re-reading that quote (Dodge commercial) is the *hint*...;)

lol, havent seen the new one, only seen the one w/the charger on the trailer and the two dirtbags/rednecks (sorry, thats what they look like :eek: )......lol

A big congrats, Mr B! Sorry I haven't been around very much lately, but I just got back in from a hell hitch offshore; had plenty of problems at the end of this well we just drilled.:( BTW, it's not an XP1600, but and XP1900 that you will be receiving from me. It's an AGNGA 0151-Y stepping. I'll be shipping it out to you very shortly.:)

Also, a big congratulations to all the other winners in this contest and a darn fine job of running the contest to all of you. Just think of all the extra folding power that will be running for the F@H project now, with all these extra procs being given away to people that are already involved(and addicted:D ) to this great project and will most probably be folding more WU's for the project and the team.

WTG, everyone!:D

mudd

ThePunkGeek said:

hmm gonna bore out a hemi and build it inside ? :D i didn't think so...

Sort of.... ;) Back before I got into 'puters, I was into cars. Ever been in one of those hot rod parts shops, where they have an engine sitting on a stand in the corner, all decked out with chrome goodies, etc??

Well, I recall seeing somewhere back then, of a company that made dummy engine blocks out of foam, that you could bolt all the chrome doo-dads onto...looks like a real engine block (very detailed casting), but weighs very little. I've got a mess of Small Block Chevy stuff here...aluminum finned valve covers (OEM) for the early Z/28's and Corvettes, new timing cover, oil pan, etc...

Hollowed out, there ought to be plenty of room in there for everything, including H20. I could probably put the pump in the oil pan before bolting it to the foam block, and route the filler/burp tube out the "distributor hole" in the block... Lift off the intake manifold for access to the board/CPU, cards, etc...

Modify The SBC timing cover to hold a 120mm intake fan, centered over where the camshaft sprocket would be...do something similar on the back of the block, where I'd likely mount the radiator as well (6" x 6", with a 120mm fan), and the PSU.

I've gotta track down the company that made these (if they still do), and go from there... It'd be mighty interesting looking, I think...:D

*sigh*

Dug out a couple old copies of Super Chevy Magazine from my car days...couldn't find the vendor, nor did a search online.... :(

I'll have to shoot off a e-mail to the Tech guy at Super Chevy...see if he's seen what I'm talking about..

I think it'd be a trip...having a "Small Block Chevy" motor next to the 'puter desk... :D I think I'd be obligated to go out and get NASCAR 2003 at that point...:p

Back