• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 4770k IMC is Aida64 enough????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I really want to get myself a block and some tubing now, but I went on a bit of a spending spree before Christmas so ........ back to just making do with what I have! :cry:
Edit: I don't know if this makes much of a difference to you manny but I have 4, 2600 RPM NZXTs on that cooler
Yeah I don't think it's an issue with my cooling, if anything I would think I would be at least a little better with the big water over the TT 2.0. Considering my delta is 4c on the H2O. I'm pretty sure it's just that my chip runs hotter then yours but what has me confused is why it's so much hotter at lower votages. Maybe my IHS sits higher off the die then yours?!?!? Delidding has crossed my mind but I don't think I;ll do it, it's not that important to me at least until I try it with the water at subambient temps. Come on cold weather!

I think the de-lidding doesn't always have the desired affect either, may work for some but not all.

I checked and it says CostaRica on the box

I checked and it says CostaRica on the box

My CPU is also from Costa Rica, says so on the box. i7-4770k from batch 3314B780, and I can also volt that sucker up to 1.4 before coming close to throttling under load. Could be coincidence, but I tend to think that there is something to it.

Now, if only that meant I could do 5 GHz instead of just 4.6.. :D

Edit: Just saw Mandrake's is also from Costa Rica, so.. everything above is pretty much null. I take it all back except my wish for 5 GHz.:chair:

usually Costa Rica chips are better ... mine isn't :p ... my 4930K is also Costa Rica

usually Costa Rica chips are better ... mine isn't :p ... my 4930K is also Costa Rica

I wouldn't know, I was mostly poking fun at a Huge profitable American Company farming out the work to a poor country again!! All about profit. They're all the same really, How many Mobos aren't made by Foxconn?

Foxconn is only making parts for most boards. Most mobos are being made by other companies nowadays ( I won't tell you exactly by who ). Lot of new boards have even other brand connectors, CPU sockets etc.
Since LGA1366 there were actually issues with Foxconn CPU sockets and all wanted Lotes on their boards.

I still haven't figured out if my chip is below average, the only thing I have figured is, it makes a good space heater. We'll see what it can do when I get some sub ambient water flowing through it.

Foxconn is only making parts for most boards. Most mobos are being made by other companies nowadays ( I won't tell you exactly by who ). Lot of new boards have even other brand connectors, CPU sockets etc.
Since LGA1366 there were actually issues with Foxconn CPU sockets and all wanted Lotes on their boards.

I gues I generalize too much possibly but the 2 X87 boards I've had both came from Foxconn. My real point was that multinationals are killing us!!

I still haven't figured out if my chip is below average, the only thing I have figured is, it makes a good space heater. We'll see what it can do when I get some sub ambient water flowing through it.
Well it's colder today, you gonna have time??
Guess who was shopping at FrozenCpu today :chair:
I try to shop from dazmode but he's just too expensive ?? I just don't get it. Even shipping is almost the same and it's only a couple hours away ?? The same Koolance block, $98 from Daz and $76 at Froze plus I get a 5% discount from froze. Over all I'm saving $25 with the exchange and taxes etc. :confused:

Back