• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 4770k IMC is Aida64 enough????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Um yeah I knew that.....:bang head, or I just read the last two digits and saw 11 minutes. :p Ok I'll post up a higher oc when I get a chance.

:facepalm: pfft.jpg

I'm still surprised with the the volt/temp difference. Even at 1.392 I topped at 91c. That poor chip of yours would probably have a melt dow at that voltage. :shrug: The cooling can't be that much different, I might have a slight edge but nothing like that.

Johan is that 4 hour run on the TT 2.0 or the loop? If it's on the loop is it ambient, ie everything inside and what are the temps inside? I used the Cpu up on mine as we speak running 4.6 at 1.36 Cpu V max so far, temps topping out at 95c on spikes but generally running mid to high 80's on the higher cpu stress tests. I'm going to let it run 2 hours and see if it passes. I'll post back when it does.

That P95 was with the TT AIO believe it or not, probably 20c in the house nothing special. Most of the time it was in the 60s with spikes, highest was 91c. That's why I was surprised at the difference with your monster air! I'd loveto see what this would do with real water on it. I think 5.0+ wouldn't be unrealistic TBH. I have run it at 4.9 already on this cooler, just benching but I did.

That P95 was with the TT AIO believe it or not, probably 20c in the house nothing special. Most of the time it was in the 60s with spikes, highest was 91c. That's why I was surprised at the difference with your monster air! I'd loveto see what this would do with real water on it. I think 5.0+ wouldn't be unrealistic TBH. I have run it at 4.9 already on this cooler, just benching but I did.
Damn I wanted to hear it was on the big loop, looks like I have a little piggy of my own, strange thing is I'm running less voltage then you. I'm 40 minutes in now 1.36 max Cpu V and 96 max on the temps, I'm probably 2 c warmer ambient wise but on the big water. :( Not good that the TT 2.0 is doing better on your chip then the big water is doing on mine. I'll have to check the TIM application on it but I doubt it's the issue.

Ya that's a lot of heat already bud. I have noticed that these Hazwells are all over the map with temps/volts. I should be clear the 4.9 was without the hT but I managed 4.8 with HT for the XTU bench and the cache was at 4500. Maybe you me and C_D should start raising Hogs. :rofl:

I have my fingers crossed that maybe it will be a good clocker when cold?!?! I just checked the temp of the water it's 79f vs 71 f in the room.

EDIT: BSOD at 1.56 hour mark. :mad: :bang head :facepalm:

Last edited:
I have my fingers crossed that maybe it will be a good clocker when cold?!?! I just checked the temp of the water it's 79f vs 71 f in the room.

EDIT: BSOD at 1.56 hour mark. :mad: :bang head :facepalm:

Wow it looks like even the loop is having a hard time keeping up to the "blue dwarf" . Do you think the fail was from the rising water temp??

That delta isn't bad at all... It's a couple c...

ED. it's not a normal loop, It's a 5 gallon jug filled with 2 gallons of distilled with a 700gph pump in it with a 360 rad and 6 fans in push pull. The biggest issue is that my 4770k running at lower voltage is running about 6-7 c hotter then Johans while he's using a Thermaltake 2.0 Aio unit and I'm using what is posted above. Actually it's not a huge issue, I just wish my chip didn't run so damn hot.

Wow it looks like even the loop is having a hard time keeping up to the "blue dwarf" . Do you think the fail was from the rising water temp??
Wish I could tell you, but it's the same spot that I always crash with prime, on AMD or Intel, when I'm close in voltage. I'd bet that if I added .005 I'd be good to go, problem is it topped out at 98c, grrrrrr.

I also checked the TIM, Gelid GC Extreme, and the application was perfect, just enough to cover the cpu but I could clearly see the top of the IHS.

ED. it's not a normal loop, It's a 5 gallon jug filled with 2 gallons of distilled with a 700gph pump in it with a 360 rad and 6 fans in push pull. The biggest issue is that my 4770k running at lower voltage is running about 6-7 c hotter then Johans while he's using a Thermaltake 2.0 Aio unit and I'm using what is posted above. Actually it's not a huge issue, I just wish my chip didn't run so damn hot.

Wish I could tell you, but it's the same spot that I always crash with prime, on AMD or Intel, when I'm close in voltage. I'd bet that if I added .005 I'd be good to go, problem is it topped out at 98c, grrrrrr.

I also checked the TIM, Gelid GC Extreme, and the application was perfect, just enough to cover the cpu but I could clearly see the top of the IHS.

So it looks to me like AMD isn't the only one who has a side business in space heaters :rofl:

Yesterday I was checking ( again ) my 4770K and it's even worse now ... 4.7GHz is showing bluescreen under any load ( like 30 seconds Cinebench ). Max that seems benchable is 4.5GHz on water ( maybe even stable ).
I wanted to look for a new 4670/4770K but in a half year will be probably new haswell revision so I'm not sure right now.

Yesterday I was checking ( again ) my 4770K and it's even worse now ... 4.7GHz is showing bluescreen under any load ( like 30 seconds Cinebench ). Max that seems benchable is 4.5GHz on water ( maybe even stable ).

Ohh not good... What do you think is killing it??? Too many volt??

CPU was bad at the beginning but I could run benchmarks @4.7GHz on water. Now at 4.5GHz it's acting without changes so can stabilize it at about the same voltage as some months ago but can't bench @4.7GHz+ on water or last time when it was under ss, it couldn't enter windows @5.1GHz and I stopped raising voltage somewhere near 1.75V.

CPU was bad at the beginning but I could run benchmarks @4.7GHz on water. Now at 4.5GHz it's acting without changes so can stabilize it at about the same voltage as some months ago but can't bench @4.7GHz+ on water or last time when it was under ss, it couldn't enter windows @5.1GHz and I stopped raising voltage somewhere near 1.75V.

Ok I see, so the CPU is just not so good to start with. I asked because I see a lot of people warning not to have the voltage too high on these CPU's. I assumed that as long as temperature is in check it should be ok just like any other CPU, right??

I haven't seen degradation on these CPUs caused by too high voltage like in SB. Generally you can run at least up to 1.75V if you keep low temps ( sub 0 ). Some haswells don't like higher voltage and are not scalling at all above this point.
It's also not recommended to set too high voltage simply because CPU is overheating. One of the mistakes while overclocking is too high voltage even though you see reasonable temps. I'm not talking about something near max safe temps but in general when you set higher clock then CPU may not like temps for example 50*C+ so instead of raising voltage you have to lower temps ( what is sometimes impossible ).
Most popular blue screens like 124 may happen when temps are too high or voltage is too low ( or clock too high ). When you try to stabilize clock then you raise voltage to the point where something is overheating. Sometimes adjusting additional options like cache clock, memory clock, vrm frequency etc. can help and actually boards with all these additional options are helping to achieve 100-200MHz higher CPU clock at about the same CPU voltage.

So it looks to me like AMD isn't the only one who has a side business in space heaters
Indeed my friend, indeed.

Johan do you know where your chip was made, mines a Costa Rica chip. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why mine is so much hotter with less Cpu V and with what should be much better cooling.

Difference between AMD and Intel is that Intel converts more energy into counting power, AMD converts more to heat ;)

I haven't seen degradation on these CPUs caused by too high voltage like in SB. Generally you can run at least up to 1.75V if you keep low temps ( sub 0 ). Some haswells don't like higher voltage and are not scalling at all above this point.
It's also not recommended to set too high voltage simply because CPU is overheating. One of the mistakes while overclocking is too high voltage even though you see reasonable temps. I'm not talking about something near max safe temps but in general when you set higher clock then CPU may not like temps for example 50*C+ so instead of raising voltage you have to lower temps ( what is sometimes impossible ).
Most popular blue screens like 124 may happen when temps are too high or voltage is too low ( or clock too high ). When you try to stabilize clock then you raise voltage to the point where something is overheating. Sometimes adjusting additional options like cache clock, memory clock, vrm frequency etc. can help and actually boards with all these additional options are helping to achieve 100-200MHz higher CPU clock at about the same CPU voltage.
I was just saying to Manny that this Hero board has so many options to play with that I'm going to have to take the next couple months and get good and cozy with this thing. So I'll keep that in mind when I'm learning what all these new(new to me) settings do in the real world.
Indeed my friend, indeed.

Johan do you know where your chip was made, mines a Costa Rica chip. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why mine is so much hotter with less Cpu V and with what should be much better cooling.

You'll have to wait a while for that answer Manny, I'm busy after work tonight but only till six or seven. Might be able to find some time before the warden gets a hold of me. Ha ha ha

You'll have to wait a while for that answer Manny, I'm busy after work tonight but only till six or seven. Might be able to find some time before the warden gets a hold of me. Ha ha ha
LOLZ I know I know. :salute:

I really want to get myself a block and some tubing now, but I went on a bit of a spending spree before Christmas so ........ back to just making do with what I have! :cry:
Edit: I don't know if this makes much of a difference to you manny but I have 4, 2600 RPM NZXTs on that cooler

Last edited:
Back