• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel cpus at UVOC, post & share your result here !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you might be right, you might be right lol. In my head, I'm thinking the GTL ref volt is adjusted to meet the demands of quad-cores, and so I'm thinking overall it just requires more juice... but it's all conjecture at this point in time. Only time will tell =)

At UVOC, mobo (ok, not too crappy one), ram, chipset, PSU, cooling (even stock HSF) are not the factors. :D

Only two which are the CPU itself ..... and the human factor (patience level) :D

-

Last edited:
Ok, I will call that my final air setup. There's one more speed to test, 2655 (1 FSB higher!) but I don't feel like stress testing the rig until I verify the NB mounting (other thread in mobo forum.) There may be more left in it with some mobo tweaking but there are settings I quite frankly don't understand :p I will make a new post for water, or an update if I figure something out on air.

CPU: Q6600
lowest stock speed Vcore: 1.1000V BIOS (=1.0800V running from multiple programs, lowest possible in BIOS)
VID: 1.2375V Coretemp
stable @ 1.10V BIOS: 2645
test: quad-core Prime95 8+ hours
temps idle: 35/35/33/34C load: 44/44/40/42C ambient: 30C (intake into HSF measured by indoor/outdoor thermometer, bare testbench setup)
P5K Premium, 0204 BIOS
Tuniq Tower 120 w/ 64CFM Scythe 'quiet fan' @ full speed
batch: L723A841, 07/27/2007
Speedstep/EIST: OFF

quad2646M1.0800V.jpg

I think you should include a field for 'Speedstep/EIST ON or OFF' because that does affect idle temps - the CPU downvolts and drops a lot of speed at idle with them turned on.

Thank you MM , especially on those 8 hours stability testing ! :thup:

Done, table updated and with note on your lowest allowed vcore at 1.1000 V.

Also updated the instruction as your suggestion on Speedstep/EIST.
I decided it should be turned OFF to have common setting and uniformity.

Once you moved to water, mind do a short run again to see temperature delta behaviour ?

Watch the temperature delta, looks like we got a consistent pattern, aren't we ? :)

To ishould :

Are you reading this ? Again, I suggest you do something at your cooling gear.

To E6X50 owners, come on folks !

Last edited:
Of course I will retest with water ;) I will also be using a different PSU at that point - Silverstone OP650 vs Corsair HX520 now. I'm sure the peak power isn't a factor here but perhaps the quality of the power supplied will be. Wish I knew more about tweaking the mobo, there may be more left since some higher speeds did run for an hour or so.

What about...MORE DATA? :D Different mobos have different undervolt amounts from BIO setting and also different vdroops under load. May be useful to know?

More data ? Sure ! :) Agreed, that minimum at 1.100 Volt is a limitation ! :(

I've reseated multiple times and even let someone else put on the AS5 in case I was doing it wrong and core 0 is still about 8C above core 3 and 4 both idle and load. Maybe theres a problem with the IHS and contact with that particular core? Is that even possible?
Is there a diagram of a Q6600 with the IHS off and the cores labeled? Maybe I can see if the AS5 isn't making proper contact

Last edited:
These low voltages are almost unbelievable; pinches self.
Considering that the Q6700 GO also has a TDP of 95W, this means that a Q6600 has a nominal TDP of ~85W (95 * 2.4 / 2.67) at stock voltage. With power consumption being linked to the square of the voltage, at these lower voltages these CPUs are putting out nearer 65W under load which is quite something. e.g. 85 * (1.05 * 1.05) / (1.2625 * 1.2625) .
Of course this is only an estimate as there are other factors that need to be considered when calculating power draw but it’s a good indicator.
If anyone has a power meter would you measure the power draw at idle/load for stock and the lower voltage please. That would be interesting to see.

Thanks smilingcrow for the thought ! :D

Yeah, your're right, also from this early polling results, it looks like Intel is loosening the binning for the Q6600 G0 families compared to E6x50.

Actually, once this polling gathered more samples, I believe and hope that it could show us some patterns that could be a valuable finding.

SH0DAN,

Could you please verify if this datas below are ok ? Cause I gathered from your two different posts with some difference on both.

Also please help me on those missing fields ? Those 3 temps reading is important.

CPU : Q6600
Lowest Vcore : 1.2500 Volt -> Is this your lowest vcore setting on "stock" speed while stable ? Quite high imo.
CPU VID : 1.3125 Volt (got this from your Coretemp SS)
Best OC : 2.594 Ghz or at (9 x 288)
Stability test : Prime95 at 2.5 hours
CPU Temp : Idle/Load/Ambient in Celcius ????
MOBO & BIOS : Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP, BIOS:0404
Cooling Gear : Thermaltake V1
CPU details : L723A930 , Pack Date : ??????

TIA

here i am many weeks late :)
:bang head

no worries, anyhow

CPU : Q6600 q0
Lowest Vcore : 1.025 cpu-z (1.05 set in bios)
CPU VID : 1.3000
Best OC : 2.400 Ghz or at (9 x 267) still testing...
Stability test : ORTHOS x2 (1hour)
CPU Temp :23 idle/33 load/ ambient?
MOBO & BIOS : Gigabyte P35-DS3r v1 f5e beta bios
Cooling Gear : Scythe Ninja
CPU details : lost box :), Pack Date : dunno :)

Last edited:
Thanks cbodom, what idle temp ? This one is important !

It doesn't matter even its lower than ambient (he..he..I know) , it is the delta thats matter.

Mind re-run again in 'few' minutes to find it out ? TIA

post edited :)

in my attempts to get >3.2 ghz on air, something crashed and i had to reinitialize the matrix raid 6hour... :(
so i figured might as well check the underclock...

Thank you Cbodom, table updated with your entry.

Although still in the acceptable range imo, but it looks like your temp delta is at the high side of the margin don't you think ? Just a suggestion, maybe a HSF reseat ? :)

-

* The CPU E6850
* The lowest VCore 1.1875
* The CPU VID 1.152 and 1.160 (keeps going back and forth between the two)
* Your best OC speed 3.02 (FSB 335)
* Stable test on above speed & VCore Orthos 4 hours
* CPU temp (idle/load/ambient) ... 19C Amb/46C load/35 idle
* Mobo & BIOS ver P5K Deluxe WiFi Bios 0501 beta
* Cooling gear Ultra 120 Extreme & IC Diamond 7 Carat
* FPO/BATCH# L722A470

Order this on Mwave 8/10/07

Last edited:
I guess I might as well join in. I'm going to be loading it up this weekend.

CPU : Q6600 G0
Lowest Vcore : Pending
CPU VID : 1.2750
Best OC : Pending
Stability test : Pending
CPU Temp : Pending
MOBO & BIOS : DFI 680i LT - 512 BIOS
Cooling Gear : Apogee
CPU details : L720B130 , Pack Date : 07/31/07

quad1.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I might as well join in. I'm going to be loading it up this weekend.

CPU : Q6600 G0
Lowest Vcore : Pending
CPU VID : Pending
Best OC : Pending
Stability test : Pending
CPU Temp : Pending
MOBO & BIOS : DFI 680i LT - 512 BIOS
Cooling Gear : Apogee
CPU details : L720B130 , Pack Date : 07/31/07

quad1.jpg

Good Luck! I think you can use it.

Back