• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leme tell you a little story about ultracoin!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I just got lucky and found a block with a single hash. 50 coins (minus 1 for the pool for a total of 49) just for me! Whoo-hoo!

Well, I just got lucky and found a block with a single hash. 50 coins (minus 1 for the pool for a total of 49) just for me! Whoo-hoo!

I'm sorry? Which pool?

Becasue I found 4 UTC blocks, and I got ~1 UTC from all my blocks combined :(

Nitro pays for the blocks, but I believe it is mainly if no one else has any shares on it.

I'm sorry? Which pool?

Becasue I found 4 UTC blocks, and I got ~1 UTC from all my blocks combined :(

Nitro pays for the blocks, but I believe it is mainly if no one else has any shares on it.

How Payment Works:, posted Mar 7, 2014 at 16:14 by stuhlman

I am getting a lot of questions lately in this form " I found a block, how come I did not get 50 UTC in my balance? " This is not how a pool works, you get the whole 50 UTC if you are solo mining. A pool divides a block on all the miners who submitted shares to the found block. However some blocks on the pool will be found with a single hash submitted by a single user, and that user will get the entire block minus pool fee. We do not control this, this is pure luck.

Ahhh! I mine at ultra.leetpools.com, so it's PROP based so everyone shares the blocks. Makes sense :)

That's ~0.03 BTC my friend! :thup:

I bought some UTC and sold at 2x profit! :D

So is UTC better than wafflepool and other pools like that??

I'm thinking so. Especially with the bonuses I've been getting.

Figure right now about 1.4 Mh/s standard scrypt is giving about 260 Kh/s on UTC, and it gives about a little over 1 coin an hour or so but I haven't nailed it down. About .00025 BTC per UTC is .006 BTC in a day at 1 coin. Auto pools are in the .006 range, so you'd probably need to sell at .0003 to do better than the pools.

With the bonuses, I've got about 140 coins in 20 hours with about 1.8 Mh/s a day standard scrypt on it.

I'm currently making about 6 coins per hour at nitro with what equates to 6MH/s, used to be a lot better.

That is of course not including getting lucky and getting a full block thrown my way (haven't had one in a couple of days).

Well, I think when I get home, once I confirm I'm not infected with anything, I'll probably switch everything I've got over to UTC.

Reading up more on how N-factor and Scrypt-jane works, I'm thinking when Stanford stops sending out -bigadv folding WUs, my 48 core 4P system that can address a TB of RAM would be a dream machine for UTC once CPUs are more efficient than GPUs.

I should buy a lottery ticket. When I got home, while I hadn't discovered another block, I must have gotten shares with someone who did. I was up about 25 coins more than I should have had. In about 32 hours I've gotten 185 UTC for 2 280X cards and for about 6 hours of that, 2 additional 7870 cards.

Though I'm going to wait a bit to cash them out, as the price is below .0002 and I think it will go above that again.

Switched back to UTC for a day or so as the price is still decent and I should be able to still get about 150/day.

Will be going on vacation this weekend so I may switch everything over to clever/waffle just to be safe in case prices crash I won't end up with something worthless.

Switched back to UTC for a day or so as the price is still decent and I should be able to still get about 150/day.

Will be going on vacation this weekend so I may switch everything over to clever/waffle just to be safe in case prices crash I won't end up with something worthless.

Autosell at cryptsy, have remote access ready to switch in case it goes South. :thup:

What's up with ultracoin?

Not getting coherent hash rates out of yacminer lately...didn't experiment much with it.

anyone got settings for the r9 270? :p

I'm trying stuff remotely and it freezes my windows machine lol, stupid windows.

What kind of hash rates are you guys getting at N=11? Thought I'd test it out on my 7850 and see what kinda speeds I get... looks to be in the mid 60s right now.

Back