• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little success in o'c gains when upping voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, Usdm reports that my +12V stays around 11.673v . Would upping closer to 12v make much of a difference? How dangerous or hard would it be to up it?

My rail's are 3.3+ = 3.35, 5+ = 5.30, and 12+ = 12.20 this is loaded BTW. Yes better rail's make a difference IMO they are the backbone to the system so they should be @ there best.

So then do I just take my (Fortron) sparkle FSP400-60PFN apart and turn those knobs to give my rails more juice?

Little success in o'c gains when upping voltage

that is what you said so think about it do you think turning it up will help?

No dont just take it apart and I have fried a board by doing this so be carefully and use a muiltmeter I posted a link that tell's you how to do it and as allway's do so @ your own risk.

Well I don't know, is 11.673 for my +12v a problem? I will when I start prime 95 torture test it fluctuates down to about 11.61?.. Is any of this a problem? I'd prefer not having to mess an low level electrical stuff like this as my last attempt at a low level 8rda vdd mod ended up in a fried mother board after the installed resistor didn't touch the right wire.

I can say this it might not be a problem but it isn't a good thing on a overclocked system IMO. Yes I have fried hardware to my fair share of it but as they say you play you pay so that's what we do. Anything below 11.80 is to low if you ask me but then again you will need to test it with a MM while you are loaded to see what the MM read's.

Back