• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PolRoger / 4790K / H2O / 6m 12.903sec

I've been trying/testing some different settings... Memory multi and timings, etc... But so far I haven't been able to get better efficiency then with something similar to this.
Nice run Pol, I'm trying to catch you two but so I haven't come close. :(

Meh, not bad I suppose. :)

Background SP? Nice that the new chip is working well though.

Nice run Pol, I'm trying to catch you two but so I haven't come close. :(

Background SP? Nice that the new chip is working well though.

Crap :facepalm:

I'll re-run that later tonight with the right background.

EDIT: re uploaded with correct background.
check the post on the previous page :)

Last edited:
bassnut / A10-7850K / H20 / 14 min 19.764 sec

Had a bit of time to play ...... new memory is working nice so far ..... These A10 chips are a bit different to OC and I think I might be running out of cooling this little rad just isn't cutting it.

New Sub.jpg

This benchmark is really weird. I've upped my cpu freq, mem speed and tightened the timings and I keep getting slower runs. OS config is the same. Not sure what to think.

bassnut / A10-7850K / H20 / 14 min 19.764 sec

Had a bit of time to play ...... new memory is working nice so far ..... These A10 chips are a bit different to OC and I think I might be running out of cooling this little rad just isn't cutting it.
When I had my hands on my dad's Bassnut, it seemed to not like anything over 60c, it would just get all wonky on me above that.

This benchmark is really weird. I've upped my cpu freq, mem speed and tightened the timings and I keep getting slower runs. OS config is the same. Not sure what to think.
It's most likely due to instability Blaylock, when I tighten my timings too tight or get the OC to the razors edge I will notice it may be able to run the bench but it will be slower.

Well....that's not good man. I want faster times. I'm pushing it hard, but I could push harder. I'm being nice, it's Christmas for crying out loud. I can accept an "not exactly round" or what ever the **** it says. Lol.

Merry Christmas all. Tomorrow I either get a better run or i kill this 3800+. No more nice guy. Hehehe

I changed my fans out and put good fans in +tighter timings on my new ram and a higher NB was what helped me. I think ...... I am still trying to figure out this bios and chip. I had screwed up my OC so I had to reset to default after chasing numbers in my NB that I shouldn't have been but am now prime stable at 4.6GHZ @ 1.48v with LLC that is what CPUZ is reporting. I am also getting used to working in offset as that is all that's available in my bios.

Nice run BassNut

With these chips you really need to stabilise the NB/CPU ...... by leaving it on AUTO at first I noticed that it was running at 1400 MHZ ish on my last run and looking back at my first run it was way up there at a lowly 1500 MHZ ish as well. They also like the bus run up a bit as well my last run was done at 107 compared to the stock 100 I started with and 1900 set for my NB/CPU with the bus jump I was up around 2000MHZ that's what made the difference + some VCore..... this needs to be looked at more yet to prove it out but there could be something there.

With these chips you really need to stabilise the NB/CPU ...... by leaving it on AUTO at first I noticed that it was running at 1400 MHZ ish on my last run and looking back at my first run it was way up there at a lowly 1500 MHZ ish as well. They also like the bus run up a bit as well my last run was done at 107 compared to the stock 100 I started with and 1900 set for my NB/CPU with the bus jump I was up around 2000MHZ that's what made the difference + some VCore..... this needs to be looked at more yet to prove it out but there could be something there.
I wish I had more time to play with the one I gave my dad, I only ran it for a day and I also didn't want to push on it too hard. They're good little chips for what they're intended for.

I did a quick comparison between my FX 8350 @ stock with this 7850K @ stock compressing a BLU-RAY disk ...... there was just a measly 30 min difference in time between the two. I would imagine once OC'd the FX would expand that lead quite a bit.

Scout / Xeon E5440x2 / stock / 19.52.703
attachment.php

All I have this month after graduation lol !

Johan45/ i7 4790/ H2O/ 6min 21.467 sec
Just made a quick run, playing around with the new chip, so far I'm impressed it'll run XTU at these settings.

5.0 6min 21.467.JPG

Back