• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** OCF "March Madness" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.
:beer:

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 16,536,690

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 23,384

Contest End Time Changed!!!

- Due to the fact that Stanford updates their stats every three hours on Pacific Daylight Time, here is the new duration (two hours extra). This allows for everyone to get their last minute work units accounted for in the final tally.

- Contest duration: Sunday, March 16th @ 12:00am CDT through Saturday, April 12th @ 11:59pm PDT (April 13th @ 1:59am CDT).

thfoldon.gif

There you go messing with my 4 chances of winning! :beer:

Been a while since I folded in the big leages... Very impressive how many points you will have for one little CPU!

E

Not to worry ludeboy... there will be another contest very soon.

Just jump in and help out for the Chimp Challenge and keep 'ur eyes peeled. ;)

Man I should have done some small WUs. There are some people with 1/3 as many points but 4x as many WUs :(

Hopefully I'll crack 100k pts for the contest duration. I'll donate the old 920D I'd replace if I win. :)

Man I should have done some small WUs. There are some people with 1/3 as many points but 4x as many WUs :(

That's the name of the game... but, there are very few participants with very low points/WU averages... meaning, most are above 100pts/WU. So they didn't overly benefit from the mass of 15pt WUs currently available.

Also, I'm highly considering making adjustments for those under a 100pts/WU average, which was suggested by a participant a few weeks ago. Take those participants' points during the contest, divide by 100, and round up. That would be their new entries number.

This will only effect a handful of participants, and I will notify those participants whom are having their entries adjusted. I think this is the only fair way to balance those entries vs. the majority of others whose averages are much higher.

Does anyone have a problem with this?

Nope, I was wondering if I was close to it but I'm not. Now if that gpu client had come out earlier..... 1 wu every 2.5 hours on a stock 2600xt. :eek:

Yea, now anyone know Denny Crain's phone at "Boston Legal" :eek:

For those not familiar with Boston Legal, it's an lawyer show with James Spader and William Shatner!

Seriously AC... you're not even close to the category of < 100pts/WU.

If you're not just joking, please tell me why you oppose the adjustment.

Otherwise, I'd like serious answers only please. :)

Doesnt bother me at all , Do what you guys think is fair , as long as I win :beer:

It would be cool to get a q6600 for my bday :bday::bday: its on the 17th , so I should have my prize shortly after , right guys , oh did guys get teh booze women and cigarrets I sent over ?

Yeah, Ok, sure.

Points have nothing to do with this, but Ok.

It was Each WU turned in is a chance, not each point.

Does anyone have a problem with this?

I do. It doesn't affect me but it's bad form to be changing the rules in the middle of a contest. Once the contest has started I don't think you should be changing how you said things were going to be done.

To me it doesn't matter. Those that took the time or got lucky in getting small wu's, kudos. I ran smp like normal and folded like normal. If I win or lose, it really doesn't matter as long as the q6600 finds a good home. For me it is really about helping out the team and fah in general.

Now I expect all to participate in the chimp challenge and that quad to be folding too! Team 32's and OCF's name is on the line!

Back